CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #2

Was Roger's case ever profiled on Unsolved Mysteries? I am not sure, but I see to remember a case about a missing high-school skier profiled on the show, but I don't know the specifics. It would be interesting to check the show databases to see if Roger was profiled.

Shows like these and this forum, working in conjunction with each other, are the best way to get information out to the public. It might help people remember if they had seen him.

Satch

no , they didn't seem to think it was worthy, couldn't get anyone to reply

In an effort to remeber Roger, someone has posted his information to the Nancy Grace web site under Find Roger Ellison CNN ireport
Nancy has invited the public to post the pictures and information surrounding missing people.

Today is the 30th anniversary since Roger disappeared. Keeping Roger and others like him in the present ensures they will not be forgotten.

The 'Help Crack a Cold Case' blog has an anniversary entry:

Can you help solve a 30-year-old cold case?

excerpt:
In 2005, Delta County Sheriff Fred McKee told the Delta County Independent newspaper that he believes Roger was killed shortly after his disappearance. His body has never been found. McKee said he believes they’ve talked to people who know what happened, but theorizes that some of the witnesses are reluctant to speak out due to their own involvement in illegal activity which may or may not be connected to Roger’s disappearance.

more at link above

Here's hoping someone will come forward with some answers on this case.

From Lori's website, the sheriff makes it sound like Roger might have blown or was about to blow the whistle on some illegal activity. Hmmm.

If that were the case, then it's likely Roger knew the person or persons who killed him, and if that's true, why would he have left the school with people he'd blown the whistle on or was about to?

Doesn't make any sense to me!

Hmmm. I wonder if Roger might have been employed on the side by the CEPD as a narc at the high school, and the person or persons, involved in the illegal activities got wind of it, and set into motion, Roger's death? Now that would make sense.

Then this would come down most likely to the adult or adults responsible for distributing drugs, perhaps a middle man who would sell the drugs to dealers or a high school aged dealer who would then sell to students.

Name that adult or adults or the dealer, and the field of who done it, gets narrowed very quickly.

I wonder if there were any rumors around that time regarding bad cops that may have been involved in illegal activities? Just another idea, and one LE would not likely allude to if a bad cop had the goods on some of the other cops. Some forces will arrest their own. Others will bend over backwards to protect a rogue cop. Ya just never know, but locals would have an idea at least.

I still am highly suspicious of Pash, the friendly teacher. His earlier posts made me even more suspicious. He was very arrogant and snarky. Not at all sincere imo.

I totally agree with both of you, katydid and Danaya.

Never let go of a good theory when another comes along, and for all we know, Roger could've been dropping papers over at Pash's house just so he could have a look around, ya know?

A teacher who was opposed to kids smoking pot would never let them do it in his yard or on his wall.

At a minimum, it would have raised a few eyebrows down at the station.

I am NO fan of Mr. Pash, but I believe in one of his posts he said he gave the police some information, so to be fair he might have given them everything he knew......and he might be innocent.
Could be that Roger cut school to meet with someone he had met recently, and that could have been Kraft.

From what I remember about Kraft, he dumped most of his bodies like they were trash. He didnt take much interest in finding a place to hide them.

I am NO fan of Mr. Pash, but I believe in one of his posts he said he gave the police some information, so to be fair he might have given them everything he knew......and he might be innocent.
Could be that Roger cut school to meet with someone he had met recently, and that could have been Kraft.

From what I remember about Kraft, he dumped most of his bodies like they were trash. He didnt take much interest in finding a place to hide them.

who is Kraft

Kraft was let out of Jail sometime in 1978 and was arrested for his final crime in 1983.

Randy Kraft liked to pick up Hitchhikers and when he was done with them he would push their bodies out of the car........sometimes at high speeds.
When he was arrested they did find a coded list of names that numbered over 60, as well as "tokens" from the victims, and numerous photos of young men that looked either dead or sleeping.

he was sentenced to death in 1989.......but sadly is still alive 22 years later.

i started reading Roger's thread last night and i couldn't stop reading. in the post that pash left, he mentioned a school assignment paper that might have a clue. he said the police talked to him and showed him some things. iirc silver said she didn't know what was in the paper? correct me if that is wrong, silver. what i don't understand is why the police would talk about evidence with pash, show him things ect. but not talk about it with silver or Roger's family? that makes no sense to me. he acted so secretive and arrogant. to be honest, if le gave me info about a case and ask me not to talk about it, i would not talk about....but, if the case was still unsolved 30 years later, i would probably talk about it with no problem. imo if Roger is ever to be found it is going to be up to people like the ones here and other sites who are doggedly working day after day to help find these beloved people. God bless you, silver.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savethedryads
Back