Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the accomplice is dead? I think BM is too much of a controller to involve anyone else.

I think he killed in a blind rage, probably as he saw SMs WhatsApp messages with that other guy who let her down, whilst she was in the shower. This is based on the phone and its charger being missing.
IMO BM is a classic misogynist. Rememuber how he said Suzanne was the most beautiful woman-- wait for it -- in a small subsection of CO -- because who doesn't love a compliment that's so boxed in it's meaninglessgo -- so.... who could blame a guy for wanting to, in the spirit of hunters who prey, "bag that". But what he saw (MOO) was Suzanne in flagrante delicto... an active participant.... and he flew off the handle.

JMO

to be fair, they never said they knew where he put the body

rather they pointed out at the prelim that he engaged in extensive staging to prevent them knowing that.

the idea they have to prove how he went to Moffat is incorrect IMO. they only need to show it was possible which it clearly was because we have that 5 hour digital black hole when Barry did not use his phone or the truck.

also SMs phone leaves the house in the 3am hour which is now more incriminating than before given Barry says she was in bed at the time.
I’m pretty sure they indicated that Suzanne was not far from PP and at a high elevation. They had no clue at all.

ETA As investigators continue searching for Suzanne Morphew's body, focusing on a "remote and mountainous region nearby the Morphew residence," as the DA wrote in her motion, waiting for five feet of snow to melt before they can safely excavate the area,“

I’m pretty sure they indicated that Suzanne was not far from PP and at a high elevation. They had no clue at all.

ETA As investigators continue searching for Suzanne Morphew's body, focusing on a "remote and mountainous region nearby the Morphew residence," as the DA wrote in her motion, waiting for five feet of snow to melt before they can safely excavate the area,“
I think that was likely based on the dearth of data, so it made sense he could have used an ATV or something.

Those cadaver dog hits on his Bobcat might have also given that impression. We know he didn’t use it, but her body may very well have come into contact with it when he was figuring out what to do.

About available vehicles:

I wonder if he removed the battery from his truck to power a nearby disabled vehicle. Owner wouldn't know or suspect.

Here's our clue: shallow grave. If we could estimate how long that took. We already have times bracketing activity at PP so we know there's a potential of roughly four hours. Subtract the grave digging and you have transit time. Moffat might have been pressing him for return time or he chose it purposefully. We're left with math. If he took regular roads, how long did it take to get there? Is there a back way? Travel-able by ATV? How fast can an ATV go?
Where there's a Barry, there's a way?⁹
There is a back way, now my memory isn't the best but I have a very vague recollection of 40 minutes travel time but I cannot say whether that was regular or via back roads.. I think he would have chosen back roads, less chance of being noticed.. double check this and do not take my word for it..

There is a back way, now my memory isn't the best but I have a very vague recollection of 40 minutes travel time but I cannot say whether that was regular or via back roads.. I think he would have chosen back roads, less chance of being noticed.. double check this and do not take my word for it..
iIRC 40 mins was the most direct route. Did B have an idea where to bury S, or was he just driving aimlessly?

iIRC 40 mins was the most direct route. Did B have an idea where to bury S, or was he just driving aimlessly?
Guessing he had planned it and had been in the area hunting in the past, knew it was remote and he was highly unlikely to run into anybody. Now unlike you I dont believe for a second he just lost the rag and killed her.
I think he knew she was finished with him and he was not about to lose his meal ticket so it was preplanned and well planned..
He was always going to do this..
He had the morals of a tom cat, recall his phone searches? the sites he logged into, young girls, babes with whatevs etc while still convincing himself and anybody that would listen that he was an angel of God.. Probably Archangel |Michael...

I despise his sickness so much I probably shouldn't even be posting about him..
She was tiny, vulnerable and abused for so many years..

How much of the state's case was based on all the activities of BM at his residence in the early morning hours prior to leaving for the Denver area?

How much of the state's case was based on data showing BM left the residence and was unaccounted for over an hour in the early morning hours before he left for the Denver area?

I do not recall the state every theorizing that BM left his residence and was unaccounted for in the early hours that morning before he left for the Denver area...it was more about what he was doing at the residence at that time and then they tracked his movements with data from the residence to the Denver area for "the job"...IMO

YES!
within walking distance!
Abandoned, perhaps and lying there for year but he had the wherewithal to get them going and returned....
all kinds of possibilities.
wonder whether local council removed any vehicles from those parameters anytime following her disappearance?
AND...
...Anyone persuade me that Good-Neighbor Barry had not "developed access" to every single dwelling w/in a quarter mile of his own?
Anyone?
*** crickets :eek: ***

Imho, from the moment he came across a buildable PP lot, he knew that each and every residence, present and future, would be impervious to "inconvenient" PC search warrants.
"Perfick :cool:!"
All I'll have to do is coordinate my B's
& E's with my neighbors' comings and goings!"
...a piece of cake...

Oh, a single slice will do. But after this steak, thank you !" :D
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How much of the state's case was based on all the activities of BM at his residence in the early morning hours prior to leaving for the Denver area?

How much of the state's case was based on data showing BM left the residence and was unaccounted for over an hour in the early morning hours before he left for the Denver area?

I do not recall the state every theorizing that BM left his residence and was unaccounted for in the early hours that morning before he left for the Denver area...it was more about what he was doing at the residence at that time and then they tracked his movements with data from the residence to the Denver area for "the job"...IMO

This is not true. A huge part of the case was during the 5 hour window that night when Barry claimed to have been sleeping. The end of that window was the most incriminating, as his truck and phone were simultaneously logging events well before he claimed to have woken up.

This is the period of time in which Barry is believed to have left and returned.

May 9th 10:17 to May 10th 4:30 am #BarryMorphew phone was in airplane mode. Prosecution asks Agent Grusing if that's enough time to dispose of a body-- Grusing says "it is." @KKTV11News #SuzanneMorphew

Guessing he had planned it and had been in the area hunting in the past, knew it was remote and he was highly unlikely to run into anybody. Now unlike you I dont believe for a second he just lost the rag and killed her.
I think he knew she was finished with him and he was not about to lose his meal ticket so it was preplanned and well planned..
He had the morals of a tom cat, recall his phone searches? the sites he logged into, young girls, babes with whatevs etc while still convincing himself and anybody that would listen that he was an angel of God.. Probably Archangel |Michael...

I agree, and maybe some of the additional investigative work by law enforcement will now include surveying and examining the many jobs and landscaping, or wall building jobs and their locations that BM had done in the years prior to SM murder?

Perhaps some of that work might have some ‘bread crumbs’ as to why he might have chosen that site to bury her? I thought I had read earlier somewhere that digging in the area she was found would have been difficult and rocky? So the depth was not achieved? MOO

ETA: and also check any prior vacations or other road trips to friends or family BM and family may have taken during those times as well. MOO

Last edited:

MOO Police tactics, taking what they consider an educated guess to rattle suspect.

This is something LS is not responsible for, she would be told any body location suspicions that the police had by Sheriff Spezze.

Last edited:

yes but that was in the motion to dismiss. it was not evidence presented against Morphew. for all we know it was just a theory they were following at the time.

This is not true. A huge part of the case was during the 5 hour window that night when Barry claimed to have been sleeping. The end of that window was the most incriminating, as his truck and phone were simultaneously logging events well before he claimed to have woken up.

This is the period of time in which Barry is believed to have left and returned.

May 9th 10:17 to May 10th 4:30 am #BarryMorphew phone was in airplane mode. Prosecution asks Agent Grusing if that's enough time to dispose of a body-- Grusing says "it is." @KKTV11News #SuzanneMorphew

exactly.

it’s always been the state case that they can’t know where he hid the body during that time because he staged the crime scene at the house, especially disposing of much of the evidence on the dumpster runs.

it would obviously be better if they could link him to moffat but not essential IMO.

My personal theory is that BM knew the Moffat area well because of volunteer Firefighter training. Moffat has an active volunteer fire department. I can't help but believe most regional volunteer Fire Department train together for the sake of efficiency.
There is a lot of open prairie land around Moffat. And BM knew that would be the perfect place to hide Suzanne.
I hope BM is not sleeping so well at night and knows new charges are probably just around the corner....

JMO

My personal theory is that BM knew the Moffat area well because of volunteer Firefighter training. Moffat has an active volunteer fire department. I can't help but believe most regional volunteer Fire Department train together for the sake of efficiency.
There is a lot of open prairie land around Moffat. And BM knew that would be the perfect place to hide Suzanne.
I hope BM is not sleeping so well at night and knows new charges are probably just around the corner....

JMO
I hope you are right about that..
Also afraid to hope for it..
Did a case ever go like this before, so many ups and downs.. from the highest mountains to the bottom of the seas all in the space of seconds..?

MOO Police tactics, taking what they consider an educated guess to rattle suspect.

This is something LS is not responsible for, she would be told any body location suspicions that the police had by Sheriff Spezze.
But LS is the one that represented this to the court and would/should have reviewed any evidence that supported such an assertion.

Where was BM from 10:17 pm to 3:25 am?

At 10:17 p.m. on May 9, Morphew’s phone was taken off airplane mode and it was home.

At 3:25 a.m. May 10, Morphew’s truck doors were opened and closed. The phone moved toward the location where the bike was found, according to Grusing.

pg 35 affidavit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member