Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't see this scenario at all.

Remember, she was in love..

Last thing she'd want to do is to play head games with head games master himself..

She had a new life planned and was on the brink..
She was seeing freedom ahead for herself, with or without the new bf..

Far more likely he sent those friend requests in an effort to impugn upon her character integrity or reputation.

He was making out she was an alcoholic with loose morals.. see all these guys she was chasing...
all of them..
he was just trying to throw the scent off.

They were all surprised to receive friend requests from her, they didnt consider themselves to be in her league is the impression I received from the AA..

she had no reason to reconnect with any of them.

also possible he extracted Jeff's first name from her so he stuck a few Jeffs in there too..It's not congruent with who she was, where she was at and where she hoped to be going..

She knew how dangerous he was.. last thing in the world she needed was another hissyfit from him.. particularly while her daughters were away..

He was the arch manipulator, not Suzanne.

I wonder if we would see something we missed if we all read it again?
Seeing as nobody else is?

It is far more likely Barry sent them, but Suzanne could have made those requests also. It is not like the Suzanne that we have read about, i agree. But this wasn't a typical time in their lives where Suzanne just took his crap and bowed down and I don't think it should be discounted as not possible.
Defo think it's worth re-reading and oh my god have started reading through from Thread 1 again :eek:.
Nice to see you, you seem to have had a couple of days away xx

It is far more likely Barry sent them, but Suzanne could have made those requests also. It is not like the Suzanne that we have read about, i agree. But this wasn't a typical time in their lives where Suzanne just took his crap and bowed down and I don't think it should be discounted as not possible.
Defo think it's worth re-reading and oh my god have started reading through from Thread 1 again :eek:.
I'm immersed elsewhere and just coming and going..

I have an awful bad feeling this creep is gonna walk..
If there was anything dramatic about her body, he would have been arrested by now..

There is a thing or a person that we have all missed is my gut instinct.. or am I clinging to straws?

If there was anything dramatic about her body, he would have been arrested by now..

There is a thing or a person that we have all missed is my gut instinct.. or am I clinging to straws?

Yeah, very possible Barry gets to wander free, sickening.
Don't think you're clutching at straws, there is something we are missing.

Hope the link works, thread #1 @Lore Listener posted that the Friday before Suzanne went missing was when the governor opened up for travel further afield for recreational reasons. Is it me or is the timing very coincidental when we now know where Suzanne was buried?
Also, forgot that the initial reward being offered for Suzanne's safe return was only 2 days after her being reported "missing" - real quick to offer that money
Moo

Noooooooooo, don't even say that out loud. I think BM is def going to be recharged and found guilty now that we have Suzanne's remains. I pray that his DNA was under her fingernails, because he def had gouges on his arm. That DNA can last for years.

jmo

Yeah, very possible Barry gets to wander free, sickening.
Don't think you're clutching at straws, there is something we are missing.

Hope the link works, thread #1 @Lore Listener posted that the Friday before Suzanne went missing was when the governor opened up for travel further afield for recreational reasons. Is it me or is the timing very coincidental when we now know where Suzanne was buried?
Also, forgot that the initial reward being offered for Suzanne's safe return was only 2 days after her being reported "missing" - real quick to offer that money
Moo
I just got a thought, rare, in my case, that there is a possibility that it was not her first grave...?
He could have stored her elsewhere for a time first?

Is that possible?

Is it within the realm of possibilities?

Her body will surely give that information if it is there..

Shallow grave, not much work for 2 shovels was there?

Where did he go first?

If it was Suzanne, would like to know why those particular people? Were they people that Barry claimed were "bad" for Suzanne to be friends with when they were first dating? Was he jealous of those men that recieved the requests and threw their names out at her over the years as people she was once "interested" in? Iirc one of the requests was made to someone who was friends with Barry so the request was odd to them.
Could picture Suzanne, believing she was finally taking control of her own life, making such requests to people Barry didn't like or was jealous of.

moo
Guessing they were of the same vintage. Classmates plus or minus a year or two. All names BM would recognize, all of which IMO would obscure JL as just one of many. Hidden in plain sight.

As much as Suzanne was afraid of Barry, I think her main fear was his hothead unpredictability. I do think she had long been afraid he might harm himself, though he probably wore that card out.

But in reality, he was never going to let her out alive.

JMO

Exactly, the prelim was so important, somehow LS missed the fact that it would be. A terrible performance.
Still it was repeatedly refusing to abide by requests from the bench that ultimately botched the case.
I think it was divine intervention that led to LS requesting the case be dismissed without prejudice. A no body case without ANY physical evidence pointing to Barry, or even Suzanne being deceased, might have been a mountain too high. Throw in the fact the Judge dismissed a large portion of the States expert testimony, it just might have been a NG verdict and then BM would have been strutting around like a large untouchable turkey that he so loved to shoot. Plus, that might have given his civil suit more credibility as well. :mad:

I hate that justice has been delayed, but now the case is so much stronger with having found Suzanne. No running off to Belize or that she went incognito to live a wonderful life with one of her many lovers leaving poor, poor Barry all alone. GAH, it makes me sick to even type that.

Slow and steady wins the race here. I feel confident a new Prosecutor along with Suzanne's remains being found will be the nail in his coffin in a retrial. Karma has come calling Barry...tick tock.

MOO

Exactly, the prelim was so important, somehow LS missed the fact that it would be. A terrible performance.
Still it was repeatedly refusing to abide by requests from the bench that ultimately botched the case.

I disagree. The CAST expert never was going to testify at the prelim.

The problem was Cahill messed up his testimony for reasons which are hard to understand. Probably he just wasn't good at his job.

Guessing they were of the same vintage. Classmates plus or minus a year or two. All names BM would recognize, all of which IMO would obscure JL as just one of many. Hidden in plain sight.

As much as Suzanne was afraid of Barry, I think her main fear was his hothead unpredictability. I do think she had long been afraid he might harm himself, though he probably wore that card out.

But in reality, he was never going to let her out alive.

JMO
If SM knew, that Barry spied on her, at least on her electronical devices, she would/should have done this "burying" JL between dozens of other men much earlier, IMO. Actually it was very late in doing it, when she already had asked for divorce and BM had gotten upset long ago.

The problem was Cahill messed up his testimony for reasons which are hard to understand. Probably he just wasn't good at his job.
MOO The presentation was hers to make.

IIRC Cahill appeared to be pretty much a malcontent and his ego was bruised because he was away on leave when the warrant was filed and Barry was arrested. IMO he went from malcontent to obstructionist after he picked up the phone and spoke to the opposing counsel IE, the very night before his testimony. Just let that phone ring !
He suffered from some very bad judgement calls - especially on the lack of dna follow up ( I believe that was him) and also talking about how he did not support the timing of the arrest with Iris.
Linda took him off the case or got him reassigned right after the prelim - which was at least one smart call by her .
IMO Cahill was "trouble" and nothing but a liability with an attitude problem
He subsequently went on to shoot himself at home by mistake with his own revolver - unrelated to this case - hopefully
he has squared himself away somewhat as I believe he is still with CBI. Just all IMO.

I've always thought the all those FB friend requests came from SM. She was nervous and tried to bury JL in Indiana male connections. It all spilled over that weekend. IMO

I've always thought the all those FB friend requests came from SM. She was nervous and tried to bury JL in Indiana male connections. It all spilled over that weekend. IMO
I always thought that JL wasn't even among the fb friend requests made that night. I recall it being said there were three (I think) Jeffs among the group, but I didn't think Libler was one of them. Can someone confirm one way or the other?

IIRC Cahill appeared to be pretty much a malcontent and his ego was bruised because he was away on leave when the warrant was filed and Barry was arrested. IMO he went from malcontent to obstructionist after he picked up the phone and spoke to the opposing counsel IE, the very night before his testimony. Just let that phone ring !
He suffered from some very bad judgement calls - especially on the lack of dna follow up ( I believe that was him) and also talking about how he did not support the timing of the arrest with Iris.
Linda took him off the case or got him reassigned right after the prelim - which was at least one smart call by her .
He subsequently went on to shoot himself at home by mistake with his own revolver - unrelated to this case - hopefully
he has squared himself away somewhat as I believe he is still with CBI. Just all IMO.
amen to that, every single word,

When you look at the judgement in detail, the preliminary went very well for the prosecution with the glaring exception of Cahill. But even then, that only impacted bail, not the actual trial. For trial, they'd have a real DNA expert to explain things.

The thing they were missing was Suzanne. And we now know why they couldn't find her.

I always thought that JL wasn't even among the fb friend requests made that night. I recall it being said there were three (I think) Jeffs among the group, but I didn't think Libler was one of them. Can someone confirm one way or the other?
JL wasn't one of the Jeff's recieving a FR from Suzanne's FB

Leading up to the time SM disappeared, JL had long ago deleted his social media accounts but it was on FB that SM messaged him for the very first time. Perhaps JL restored his FB that weekend? Maybe not having FB after a year+ hiatus was looking suspicious to his family.

From the AA, we know that JL broke things off with SM after his daughter found her text messages when using dad's phone to order pizza. JL said he deleted his social media and SM pursued him again around Christmas when she tracked him down using LinkedIn. After that, he said they communicated daily ever since.

Hard to believe JL didn't contact LE in May 2020. For SM to fall off his radar, he knew she was either incapacitated or dead. It wasn't like she forgot his number! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee