Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are signs of animal predation on her remains, it's only because of what the two-legged predator did to her and how he left her.

Such disrespect.

JMO

The foundation of any democratic society rests on the principle of justice – a concept that implies fairness, equity, and the impartial application of laws. However, the real-world execution of justice, particularly within the realm of district attorney (DA) offices, often grapples with a significant and pervasive challenge: underfunding. District Attorney Linda Stanley delves into the multifaceted impact of budget constraints on the justice system, exploring the immediate consequences and the hidden costs that extend beyond the courthouse doors.

Why. She can't the job.

Why. She can't the job.
Is there not a problem with underfunding then?

In relation to her competence, which is a different subject, I'm not ready to write her off, having followed her work carefully because she has yet to present her defence..

When all circumstances are taken into account it may well be a whole other story.
We simply do not know.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation confirmed that the autopsy was complete but said it could be several more days before it is released.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation confirmed that the autopsy was complete but said it could be several more days before it is released.
DAYS..
not weeks or months but days..

I'm trying not to hope because it's likely exposure etc may have destroyed any useful pathology.. but there's always a glimmer, of course..
Who will receive it first?

DAYS..
not weeks or months but days..

I'm trying not to hope because it's likely exposure etc may have destroyed any useful pathology.. but there's always a glimmer, of course..
Who will receive it first?
Couple of days....

Today is Wednesday.

Hello, Felony Friday.

I know, it's too much to hope for, and justice will come, perhaps under a different DA, but it'll get here.

And we may hear from Suzanne herself, recovered conversations from her spy pen, because there can be no justice without her voice.

JMO

So either Barry is charged in the next few days or he won’t be charged at all?
I think it all depends on who is in charge of the investigation and where they are with it.
My opinion always was that they had enough to convict him the first time without the body and without the autopsy. The P sunk their case with discovery violations and sanctions. ( as an aside I love to see here in Mass that the P was about two years late with their discovery in the Karen Reid case - but no sanctions and the trial is about to begin. In Colorado a few days late with discovery will get all your expert witnesses booted. Interesting state to state and judge to judge)
All JMO

So either Barry is charged in the next few days or he won’t be charged at all?
@Love Never Fails
In today's fox31 / kdvr story linked in ^ post, I do not see anything relating to a deadline for charging BM, but could have missed it.

@Love Never Fails ? Anyone?

@Love Never Fails
In today's fox31 / kdvr story linked in ^ post, I do not see anything relating to a deadline for charging BM, but could have missed it.

@Love Never Fails ? Anyone?

Too many complications at the moment.

Is there not a problem with underfunding then?

In relation to her competence, which is a different subject, I'm not ready to write her off, having followed her work carefully because she has yet to present her defence..

When all circumstances are taken into account it may well be a whole other story.
We simply do not know.
She had little experience and many red flags.
She is just continuing to work the
opportunity that she blew.

Would need a new arrest affidavit. Who knows if anybody's working on it, maybe they've been waiting for these results to even get started. They can still use a lot of the work already done, but they will need some new experts.

There is no deadline, and regardless of what additional evidence her remains provide, I don’t see anything coming in the near future.

Too many complications at the moment.
Yes, I concur and there is no rush. As has been spoken often and in particular on this thread, the prosecution needs to get it right. The first time.

While one often hopes for a ‘felony Friday’ or similar……. This case could take a while. But maybe we will sometime in the future be able to look forward to a BM ‘Month’. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675