Confirmation Of Huckaby Suicide Attempt Prior to Arrest

I am definitely not interested in why for my "entertainment".

I am also definitely not interested in making excuses for Melissa Huckaby.

I am simply one of many who is interested in why the crime was committed.

It is baffling to me why some feel the need to take issue with the fact that others are interested in the WHY of a crime.

Some people are interested, some are not. End of story. There is no reason for me to keep my mouth shut about my interest in why a crime is committed just because someone else believes it is a waste of time.

Nobody told you to keep your mouth shut. But I love the fact that my post got you so worked up. LOL

Seriously, how productive is it to sit around scratching your head wondering "hmmm I wonder why this rapist raped this woman. His rap sheet says he steals womens underwear. I wonder if he got picked on at school and the other kids gave him a wedgie and he rapes and women and steals their underwear because of the frustation deep down inside???"

I would much rather see people writing their politicians asking for tougher sentencing and urging more prosecutions of these cases.

I am also interested in the reason why, especially whether or not there has been a history of sexual abuse. It isn't an excuse by any means. If there is indeed a strong correlation between childhood sexual abuse leading to becoming an offender, IMO we need to know. Maybe something can be done proactively to treat child victims of abuse, to hopefully break the cycle. I don't know.
Ok let's say Huckaby comes out and says she was sexually abused, how do we know she isn't lying?

I am also interested in the reason why, especially whether or not there has been a history of sexual abuse. It isn't an excuse by any means. If there is indeed a strong correlation between childhood sexual abuse leading to becoming an offender, IMO we need to know. Maybe something can be done proactively to treat child victims of abuse, to hopefully break the cycle. I don't know.

Agreed.

....it is indeed very productive to wonder about things that lead a person to commit a crime or to become the person they are now....it is productive because it can lead to prevention in the future...

Nobody told you to keep your mouth shut. But I love the fact that my post got you so worked up. LOL

Seriously, how productive is it to sit around scratching your head wondering "hmmm I wonder why this rapist raped this woman. His rap sheet says he steals womens underwear. I wonder if he got picked on at school and the other kids gave him a wedgie and he rapes and women and steals their underwear because of the frustation deep down inside???"

I would much rather see people writing their politicians asking for tougher sentencing and urging more prosecutions of these cases.

Levi, I never thought you were telling me to shut up, I was merely curious why you take issue with my interests. And my powder was dry! ;)

Your visual about someone sitting around scratching their head is amusing, but not exactly how I would describe how it happens for me. I think it best you not assume how I go about my thinking and my analyses of crimes. It is definitely not as simplistic as you assert.

And please, don't assume I that I do not write my politicians, nor make any other assumptions based upon opinion!

Ok let's say Huckaby comes out and says she was sexually abused, how do we know she isn't lying?

We wouldn't unless there was some type of report made in the past. If she knew that it would in no way lead to a lighter sentence, would she lie about it just for public sympathy? Nobody feels sympathy when they look at her. I am coming at it from a proactive point of view. It is too late for her.

I was a victim of sexual abuse as a child too & went through a very self-destructive phase. The thought never entered my mind to harm another person. I just wonder why some child victims grow up to become offenders, while some grow up to become overprotective parents.

We wouldn't unless there was some type of report made in the past. If she knew that it would in no way lead to a lighter sentence, would she lie about it just for public sympathy? Nobody feels sympathy when they look at her. I am coming at it from a proactive point of view. It is too late for her.

I was a victim of sexual abuse as a child too & went through a very self-destructive phase. The thought never entered my mind to harm another person. I just wonder why some child victims grow up to become offenders, while some grow up to become overprotective parents.

Excellent post. I, like you, was victim of sexual abuse, and after some not too great points in my teenage and early twenties years, have become one of those overprotective parents--thankfully not the other option you stated.

It's pretty obvious she did do it and she does need to pay for it.

“The average man don’t like trouble and danger. You don’t like trouble and danger. But if only half a man [ --- ] shout ‘Lynch him, lynch him!’ you’re afraid to back down, afraid you’ll be found out to be what you are -cowards and so you raise a yell, and hang yourselves onto that half-a-man’s coat tail, and come raging up here, swearing what big things you’re going to do.”

-Mark Twain

We have to be careful not to stray into the currents of "mob mentality". Remember, not all the facts have been revealed yet and there may be things yet hidden from all sight.

Before we get out the rope and tighten the noose we should allow for a thorough investigation and a fair trial.

'Innocence until proven guilty in a court of law' is how we do it here. It has to apply to everyone or no one at all.

We have to be careful not to stray into the currents of "mob mentality". Remember, not all the facts have been revealed yet and there may be things yet hidden from all sight.

Before we get out the rope and tighten the noose we should allow for a thorough investigation and a fair trial.

'Innocence until proven guilty in a court of law' is how we do it here. It has to apply to everyone or no one at all.

Key words "In a court of law" But it doesn't apply to a crime forum. I think we here are free to tighten the noose if we wish.

I was also a victim as a child and know where you are coming from. The same question has crossed my mind hundreds of times. Sometimes I even get irritated because so many people claim child abuse as a reason why they abuse others. I know what statistics say about it, but it just irks me because I would never dream of putting someone else through anything like that.:confused:

I am definitely not interested in why for my "entertainment".

I am also definitely not interested in making excuses for Melissa Huckaby.

I am simply one of many who is interested in why the crime was committed.

It is baffling to me why some feel the need to take issue with the fact that others are interested in the WHY of a crime.

Some people are interested, some are not. End of story. There is no reason for me to keep my mouth shut about my interest in why a crime is committed just because someone else believes it is a waste of time.

Well put. My curiosity stems from the belief that in order to understand and make sense of a persons actions then motive must be revealed. Without this revelation there is only theory and guessing... and sometimes error. Without a solid knowing of the "why" there is nothing concrete to build upon... nothing to learn from. By understanding the "why" we can begin to make inroads into a solution towards a conclusion and perhaps future prevention.

Here's a very good example of why motive and intention is so important:

Suppose you witness a man helping an elderly woman across a busy street... you think to yourself, 'what a nice man to do that for her... there should be more like him' and then you go about your way. This is a classic case of observational deception for what you don't see is the mans motive for doing this... what you don't see is him mugging the poor woman on the other side of the street in the alleyway. Now were you able to ascertain his motive or even begin to question it, this crime could have been prevented.

Besides this, the knowing of the "why" helps a person move towards closure in dealing with such a traumatic event. And Closure is necessary in order to healthily move on from such an ordeal.

That's what I'm wondering...it would seem that she would have extensive internal injuries - espeically being that she swallowed "3"! Just seems to me that she would be having surgery - and not out of the hospital as fast as she was....hhmm....

But, all in all - she is one sick woman.

You know how the blades have little perforations so you can break the tips off. Maybe she broke off little pieces and swallowed them, as someone else stated on here, in pieces of cheese or something.

Well I was posting from page 2 and I see y'all have moved way past how she swallowed the little knives. I definitely want to know WHY. For many reasons I won't go into. That is a big part of what I am doing here. Why do people do what they do to other people. First the Who and then the Why.

The problem is that we are soft on child predators and soft on sex offenders in general and there is a big problem with the lack of prosecution in sex crimes.

And building more prisons does help the crime problem. Put them in jail so they can't harm anyone else. Let's take a dose of common sense.

And I don't trust the stats about the "cycle of abuse." Again let's use common sense, how do we know these pedophiles aren't lying when they say they were abused as children?

And Where are the stats saying that battered women go on to become batterers? I've never read anything like that...

I don't necessarily believe that battered women go on to become batterers. I do believe that if a child grows up in a home where someone who batters their mother, the child (especially a girl) stands a good chance of allowing someone to batter her. To her that is what she has learned as "normal". :(Nonni

Thank you for your comments QNA. Just to be clear, I do not believe Melissa Huckaby acted alone and her arrest is only the tip of the iceberg (I hope). She was involved somehow, and I believe she did commit crimes, whether she did the actual deed (murder) or not. Obviously there will be a professional and thorough investigation in this matter.

Thank you for bringing this up, so that I can clarify my position on this particular issue, which I am not interested in debating further.

Now, now, I never said people should not be punished, don't play like that.

You are missing my point. I said building more prisons is not a solution to crime. I did not say we should let criminals roam free.

Like I referred to above, prevention, education, not to mention opportunity for youth, particularly in low income areas, to chose other paths than gangs etc. I happen to live in a lower income area, in a city (Sacramento, CA) with a gang problem. I see plenty of kids that have already started to fall through the cracks.

You need to build a better community so that these crimes will lessen.

This is where the reasons pedo's do this becomes important. The more we know about the why, the more we can prevent others from going down that same path, through education, etc. MOO Nonni

Pet, I am so sorry that happened to you. I work with teen girls who have been abused, in many ways. I too feel that we have to know "why" these things happen. If we don't understand the behavior, how can we prevent it from happening to others (in most cases). God bless you. Nonni

You know how the blades have little perforations so you can break the tips off. Maybe she broke off little pieces and swallowed them, as someone else stated on here, in pieces of cheese or something.

Well I was posting from page 2 and I see y'all have moved way past how she swallowed the little knives. I definitely want to know WHY. For many reasons I won't go into. That is a big part of what I am doing here. Why do people do what they do to other people. First the Who and then the Why.

It's moving along fast here! I barely got past the razors (and got stuck on them for a while trying to figure out "who the hell swallows razors"?)

I want to have some sort of glimpse into "why". I'd like to wonder what it is from beginning to end what could "trigger" people doing these things. I think this particular crime is so outside the "ordinary" it's hard not to be curious to the "whys"?

I wish the punishment phase was quicker than it is in most cases.

FWIW, I don't have the feeling that MH was molested/abused as a child. I could be totally wrong, it's just a feeling I have. I am very curious as to what her mental evaluation has been over the course of her life because I truly feel like she is mentally ill. (Not making excuses for her- I don't think there is any excuse for her actions.)

I'd like to see a picture of the retrieved X-acto blades.

Which blades were they? They make dozens of shapes and sizes.

Pretty easy to break the point off of the tiny ones or the flat-top ones that look like slot screwdrivers, or run the blade side down an emery board of the other ones, and then coat them with bread or cheese and swallow them. Not really such an "emergency" situation in that case...but sure would get attention for awhile, right? And a certain person sure craves attention, evidently.

I'm doubting the blades were in their original condition. Not that it matters, ultimately.

When I heard MH raped Sandra, I could ony think about the book "SYBIL"
SYBIL had a mother like MH. I bet MH played with her own daughter for practise
and excalated to murder. BTW, I don't buy that MH did this all by herself.
IMO, others watched, or played a part in this. MH probably did it for a guy.(motive)
IMOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back