Confirmation Of Huckaby Suicide Attempt Prior to Arrest

I don't believe she's insane or crazy. I think she's highly disturbed and that is exacerbated by an actual mental illness which has yet to be properly and publicly diagnosed by an expert, along with possible sexual, mental and physical abuse along with other recently escalating criminal activities.

How about the fact that she is just a evil monster, who knows right from wrong but just doesn't give a damn about right or wrong?

I don't understand why people want to come up with complex mental disorders, and why they want to blame medication (hell half the country is on some type of meds) and why people feel the need to blame things on chemical imbalances in the brain or even past abuse.

We never hear about women who were abused by their husbands going on to abuse their children or future husbands... But anytime we have a pedophile, we hear those bleeding heart type of stories.

Quite frankly, I don't care why she did what she did. It's obvious that she did it and she needs to pay for it.

BUT what I have read is that sexual crimes are done for the power and control, not because of certain medications...

nurse jumping in here... I have seen all kinds of objects swallowed and shoved into any part of the body in the ER.

This is my take on these blades. It was reported as a confirmation (so just going with that) of her "suicide attempt". IIrc, she or her father in that raw interview said that Melissa went to the hospital in the middle of the night for stomach pain and I can kind of see it (moo of course) unfolding this way:

Melissa eats the blades for attention (I mean come on there are a lot of ways to kill yourself and that way is not only slow...but also not certain.. by the time she is writhing in pain from the sharps doing damage she can still be saved. I think her choice of "tool" speaks loudly!). She puts them in a food so she can swallow them without cutting her mouth. She never went to sleep that night... waits until her grandparents are asleep than wakes them up to tell them she needs to go to the hospital because of her horrible stomache pain. Once at the ER she spills the beans or the beans are spilled on her when they do a flat plate of the abdomen (xray) and she has to come clean. They do a scope and pull blades out (no surgery..) and keep her the required 72 hours (that is how long she was there).

The only person who said the word "internal bleeding" was Melissa. And I think that is what she wanted the blades to result in... to take focus off of her and her family and for attention.

just moo of course:twocents:
Interesting. Do you also think it is a possible theory that she did it so people would feel sorry for her? I've read about the women who have babies kill them, have another baby, kill it, and on and on, so they can get attention and where others would feel sorry for them.

In most states you have to stay in the hospital under observation for a few days after a suicide attempt. Maybe California is different?

I wish they would give this freak some more blades to swallow.

How about the fact that she is just a evil monster, who knows right from wrong but just doesn't give a damn about right or wrong?

I don't understand why people want to come up with complex mental disorders, and why they want to blame medication (hell half the country is on some type of meds) and why people feel the need to blame things on chemical imbalances in the brain or even past abuse.

We never hear about women who were abused by their husbands going on to abuse their children or future husbands... But anytime we have a pedophile, we hear those bleeding heart type of stories.

Quite frankly, I don't care why she did what she did. It's obvious that she did it and she needs to pay for it.

BUT what I have read is that sexual crimes are done for the power and control, not because of certain medications...
Thank you! It is what I have been saying all along.

Nobody disagrees that she needs to pay for what she did.

IMO, this is too simplistic of a theory.

What this type of thinking misses is that you need to know everything you can know about these crimes so that you might PREVENT ones like them in the future. Crimes like child molestation are increasing exponentially--one reason being that one perp can molest hundreds of kids, and some of those will go on to molest many many more, and those, and so on.

Kind of like the argument that building more prisons helps solve the crime problem. Another conversation for another day.

P.S. I don't know what you have been reading, but I hear about the cycle of abuse a lot in physical abuse cases.

Nobody disagrees that she needs to pay for what she did.

IMO, this is too simplistic of a theory.

What this type of thinking misses is that you need to know everything you can know about these crimes so that you might PREVENT ones like them in the future. Crimes like child molestation are increasing exponentially--one reason being that one perp can molest hundreds of kids, and some of those will go on to molest many many more, and those, and so on.

Kind of like the argument that building more prisons helps solve the crime problem. Another conversation for another day.

P.S. I don't know what you have been reading, but I hear about the cycle of abuse a lot in physical abuse cases.

The problem is that we are soft on child predators and soft on sex offenders in general and there is a big problem with the lack of prosecution in sex crimes.

And building more prisons does help the crime problem. Put them in jail so they can't harm anyone else. Let's take a dose of common sense.

And I don't trust the stats about the "cycle of abuse." Again let's use common sense, how do we know these pedophiles aren't lying when they say they were abused as children?

And Where are the stats saying that battered women go on to become batterers? I've never read anything like that...

That is the difference between you and me.

I do care why she did it, I am interested in why she did it.

It's pretty obvious she did do it and she does need to pay for it.

And building more prisons does help the crime problem.

First, you need to start with getting the conversation going so that these crimes are actually reported. There was a post on another thread about how you should talk to your kids to see if something like this happened to them? Maybe you should be a good parent and actually talk about things with your child, even things you find uncomfortable?

Yes, prosecution would be wonderful, keeping those people away would be GREAT. But PREVENTION is the key--see the above statement.

OK......ok......lets cut teachers, close schools and after school programs 'cause we have to use that money for more prisons. Oh wait, that will lead to more crime.....hmmm.....PREVENTION, that is common sense.

Never heard of the cycle of abuse stats or cases? Yikes.

If this is leading to a philosophical discussion about people being born evil, there is no way we are going to settle that here.

I care about motives only in cases where the killer hasn't been caught, but the killer in this case, Huckaby has been caught. So what is the point? For our entertainment? Or so we can we make excuses for her? Or is it because some like to use complex psychobabble nonsense to make themselves look smart? I'm just not interested in that.

I get tired enough listening to some of the dime store shrinks on Nancy Grace.

I'm interested in justice for Sandra.

First, you need to start with getting the conversation going so that these crimes are actually reported. There was a post on another thread about how you should talk to your kids to see if something like this happened to them? Maybe you should be a good parent and actually talk about things with your child, even things you find uncomfortable?

Yes, prosecution would be wonderful, keeping those people away would be GREAT. But PREVENTION is the key--see the above statement.

OK......ok......lets cut teachers, close schools and after school programs 'cause we have to use that money for more prisons. Oh wait, that will lead to more crime.....hmmm.....PREVENTION, that is common sense.

Never heard of the cycle of abuse stats or cases? Yikes.

If this is leading to a philosophical discussion about people being born evil, there is no way we are going to settle that here.
Prevention is the key , you are exactly right. Keeping the pedophiles locked up prevents them from molesting innocent children. It might not have saved Sandra, but it would save and help a lot of children.

And yea parents do need to talk with children so they know what molestation is. We agree on that. One of my friends Robin Sax is a sex crimes prosecutor in California, she has a book out about child predators and it is a great resourse for parents. It is called: Predators and Child Molesters: What Every Parent Needs to Know to Keep Kids Safe http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Predators-and-Child-Molesters/Robin-Sax/e/9781591027126

So yeah, I'm on board with educating parents and children.

But what is your solution besides prisons? Just let them roam free? That's a load of BS.

I care about motives only in cases where the killer hasn't been caught, but the killer in this case, Huckaby has been caught. So what is the point? For our entertainment? Or so we can we make excuses for her? Or is it because some like touse complex psychobabble nonsense to make themselves look smart? I'm just not interested in that.

That was kind of rude.

But what is your solution besides prisons? Just let them roam free? That's a load of BS.

Now, now, I never said people should not be punished, don't play like that.

You are missing my point. I said building more prisons is not a solution to crime. I did not say we should let criminals roam free.

Like I referred to above, prevention, education, not to mention opportunity for youth, particularly in low income areas, to chose other paths than gangs etc. I happen to live in a lower income area, in a city (Sacramento, CA) with a gang problem. I see plenty of kids that have already started to fall through the cracks.

You need to build a better community so that these crimes will lessen.

That was kind of rude.
No it wasn't. I was asking a question. Wouldn't you agree that some people find the mind of a criminal "fascinating" (that is the word they use). In other words, entertaining. And wouldn't you agree that there are some people out there who like to try to impress people by using psychobabble nonsense? Just look on Nancy Grace. I love Nancy and her show, but just listen to the psychologists who come on there. Big words and psychobabble do not impress me. If it does others. Fine, to each their own...

Now, now, I never said people should not be punished, don't play like that.

You are missing my point. I said building more prisons is not a solution to crime. I did not say we should let criminals roam free.

Like I referred to above, prevention, education, not to mention opportunity for youth, particularly in low income areas, to chose other paths than gangs etc. I happen to live in a lower income area, in a city (Sacramento, CA) with a gang problem. I see plenty of kids that have already started to fall through the cracks.

You need to build a better community so that these crimes will lessen.

Yes you are saying we don't need to punish them. If you don't want more prisons built what do we do? Stop prosecuting and stop sentencing criminals?

I think deterrence helps more than social programs where PEDOPHILES are concerned. you might have a point with gangs and young offenders. But I'm not going down that garden path.

The fact is Melissa Huckaby is a pedophile and I don't think giving her a chance to attend after school programs as a child would have changed that.

Yes you are saying we don't need to punish them. If you don't want more prisons built what do we do? Stop prosecuting and stop sentencing criminals?

I'm not repeating myself again, I made myself perfectly clear, you can go re-read what I typed. Find someone else to play games with, I'm above that.

I'm not repeating myself again, I made myself perfectly clear, you can go re-read what I typed. Find someone else to play games with, I'm above that.

You said we need social programs. And I said I don't think giving a child a chance to attend a after school program will stop them from becoming a pedophile. Which is what Huckaby is. She is a pedophile. And there is no cure, no rehabilitation for those type of evil predators.

I care about motives only in cases where the killer hasn't been caught, but the killer in this case, Huckaby has been caught. So what is the point? For our entertainment? Or so we can we make excuses for her? Or is it because some like to use complex psychobabble nonsense to make themselves look smart? I'm just not interested in that.

I am definitely not interested in why for my "entertainment".

I am also definitely not interested in making excuses for Melissa Huckaby.

I am simply one of many who is interested in why the crime was committed.

It is baffling to me why some feel the need to take issue with the fact that others are interested in the WHY of a crime.

Some people are interested, some are not. End of story. There is no reason for me to keep my mouth shut about my interest in why a crime is committed just because someone else believes it is a waste of time.

I am also interested in the reason why, especially whether or not there has been a history of sexual abuse. It isn't an excuse by any means. If there is indeed a strong correlation between childhood sexual abuse leading to becoming an offender, IMO we need to know. Maybe something can be done proactively to treat child victims of abuse, to hopefully break the cycle. I don't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back