Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newtown

'You have to care enough': The letter one Sandy Hook mom wants you to read

Nicole Hockley TODAY contributor
17 hours ago

To the mom I used to be:

Two years ago, you were happy and whole. You had a plan for life — start a new business, get involved in the school PTA, teach your sons how to ride bicycles and play sports, spend as much time with your friends and parents as possible, watch your children mature, grow old with your husband. You were optimistic — a "glass half full" person who saw the silver lining in every cloud and often felt so much joy you thought you would burst. You always looked forward — never backwards, no regrets. You smiled and laughed a lot. You danced.

You aren't that person anymore.

Two years ago, on December 14, 2012, the world changed and you changed with it. A disturbed young man with access to high-powered firearms went to your sons' school and killed six educators and twenty first-graders. Your eldest son Jake survived, but was changed by the day he discovered some monsters are real. He describes it as the day "when hell came to my school." Your youngest son, Dylan, your beautiful baby boy who you thought of as pure love, with his captivating eyes, infectious giggle and warm deep cuddles, was killed. Shot multiple times, dying instantly in the arms of his special education assistant who also died while trying to protect him...

http://www.today.com/parents/sandy-hook-moms-letter-mom-i-used-be-1D80353426

I have to wonder how the family members and friends of the victims are continuing to cope. While time does help to heal, I'm sure many of them still live with the tragedy "moment by moment". My heart aches for them all.

Mine too! Just the first lines of that article made me cry!

It is hard to believe it has been two years. It felt like yesterday. Very tragic. :( :cry:

Email alert from local (Detroit) TV station:

ClickOnDetroit.com National Breaking News

==============================
National Breaking News
==============================

Families of Newtown school victims file lawsuit

A law firm representing the families of nine of the 26 people killed and a
teacher injured at Sandy Hook Elementary School says it has filed a lawsuit
against the manufacturer, distributor and seller of the rifle used in the
shooting, The Associated Press reports.

www.clickondetroit.com

Newtown Families File Lawsuit Against Gunmaker

December 15, 2014 10:40 AM

HARTFORD, Conn. (CBS Connecticut/AP) — The families of nine of the 26 people killed and a teacher wounded two years ago at the Sandy Hook Elementary School filed a lawsuit Monday against the manufacturer, distributor and seller of the rifle used in the shooting.

The negligence and wrongful death lawsuit, filed in Bridgeport Superior Court, asserts that the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle should not have been made publicly available because it was designed for military use and is unsuited for hunting or home defense...

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2014/12/15/newtown-families-file-lawsuit-gunmaker/

Lanza was a really extreme case. I feel for his mother. She couldn't admit or maybe even see how overwhelmed she was in having to deal with him and his ever crazier demands. I do fault the father for not insisting on seeing his son. They both gave in to him in a lot of ways. This is one kid that should have been made to take meds. His mother dropped the ball big time on that. If she hadn't decided on moving and trying to get him more independent she might have lived a little longer and maybe those poor children would not have been slaughtered.

I think her money also shielded them from having to deal with the schools-she could choose to isolate Adam from the world.

By the time she decided to try again with assimilating him into the real world it was too late. You can't suddenly try a sink or swim type of thing with a kid that had basically been kept in isolation. He called the shots (NOT meant to be a pun) by then. He was running the show.

I have to agree with them, "Nancy Lanza was careless and negligent in leaving a Bushmaster AR-15 rifle unsecured in her home." Gun owners should be responsible for their guns.

The creepy thing is, according to some accounts I've read even though she paid for the guns some of them were regarded as "his" to do with whatever he liked. Presumably she didn't know what it was he wanted to do with them, but she had no problem with him accessing them.

It's not even an issue of her forgetting to lock the safe one night; she'd given him the combination.

You know, I still feel like there's parts of this tragedy that just don't have an ending, if that makes sense? There is so much we don't know about Adam Lanza, his activities and behaviours and his life that drove him to the point of madness and destruction. I feel like if we don't study these killers deeply, we will never have any chance at preventing any future shootings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When tragedy's occur creating an outcome full of holes, I have, on numerous occasions, turned to WebSleuth's for, what has always been, insightful, factual, information. I have joined in on discussions and have always been very impressed w/ the abilities of the members I have had contact with. They really know their stuff and give advice and suggestions based on real, live, facts. Facts of which they also provide documentation for, and they don't allow any other aspects to "officially" re-route their thinking. This being said, I have found myself let down today, as I would expect to find much investigation as to rather or not the Sandy Hooks massacre actually occurred. Yet, after scanning through numerous posts, I am shocked to find very little information of such, and like everywhere else, condemnation for suggesting it. The later of these, life has taught me, is always the reaction of those who are guilty. I find it very unsettling that a website re-known for the members magnetic abilities for plucking out the facts to produce a fairly detailed explanation of an event, not only hasn't even weighed if there is truth to this event, but as I now realize, discourages doing so. My apologies if my above post falls into the "off subject" category given at the beginning of this discussion, my mistake for not reading the post guidelines for this topic. What happened to the diehard websleuth's? How do you let this go by without diving, head 1st into it? There are just tooo many unexplained glitches here, probably more than this forum has ever encountered!

You know, I still feel like there's parts of this tragedy that just don't have an ending, if that makes sense? There is so much we don't know about Adam Lanza, his activities and behaviours and his life that drove him to the point of madness and destruction. I feel like if we don't study these killers deeply, we will never have any chance at preventing any future shootings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We knew more about Seung-Hui Cho despite the fact that he was more tacit than Adam Lanza. Than again, he had been around people at dorms at Virginia Tech. Lanza had limited contact other than his mother and some other people at the movie theater.

We can control for just about anything but the lone nut. And part of the reason has to do with the "lone" part. I have no doubt Adam Lanza did this but there are no notebooks to look at, friends to talk to, or social media to study. We know very little about the brain, compared to what we know about the brain.

Why, indeed??

Now, that's the kind of question I wish someone here would begin sleuthing.

Dec 14 2015, 5:01 am ET

Since Sandy Hook, an American Kid Has Died by a Gun Every Other Day

by Mike Brunker and Polly DeFrank

There are at least 554 reasons to ask whether American children are safer from gun violence today than they were three years ago, when the unthinkable happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

That's how many kids under the age of 12 have died from gunshots — both intentional and accidental — since Adam Lanza stormed into the school in Newtown, Connecticut, on Dec. 14, 2012, and shot dead 20 children and six staff members, according to an NBC News analysis...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sandy-hook-american-kid-has-died-gun-every-other-day-n478746

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod