GUILTY Conrad Murray Case - After The Trial & Verdict

Tomorrow, Conrad Murray will be sentenced for the involuntary manslaughter conviction in the death of Michael Jackson. Will it be probation or prison? Prison.

If Judge Pastor wasn’t moved by the evidence at trial, he’ll clearly be moved to find prison an appropriate sentence for Dr. Murray after viewing the Conrad Murray documentary as well as Dr. Murray’s recent claim, “I did nothing wrong”. Nothing sways a sentence more than a defendant’s lack of remorse. Ask Charles Manson. And, arrogance and denial doesn’t get a defendant probation either. Probation is usually reserved for defendant’s who show remorse and have no criminal record.

Indeed, Dr. Murray has no criminal record and has provided medical care to the disadvantaged, factors that would lean towards probation, however, he failed to take steps that could have saved Michael’s life. He didn’t call 911. And, he didn’t tell the paramedics or the ER doctors about the propofol, etc. And, lying about the propofol and his actions that night won’t get Dr. Murray probation.

http://trialready.wordpress.com/2011/11/28/conrad-murray-sentencing-probation-or-prison/

Will Tuesday's sentencing hearing for Conrad Murray be televised and if so, what time will it begin?

According to this source, Dr. Murray wants to speak at his hearing and Prosecutors are asking Judge Michael Pastor to order the doc to pay Michael Jackson’s children more than $100 million for their loss.

The doctor – who has had his medical license in California yanked – has told his legal team that he will be speaking at the sentencing hearing.

“Dr. Murray wanted to testify, and feels that if he had, there is no way he would have been convicted. Murray is livid that his lawyers didn’t put him on the stand and has said he plans on pleading with Judge Michael Pastor for mercy. Murray will admit no guilt, and not take any responsibility for his actions. Murray plans on appealing and wants the judge to give him probation only for killing Michael Jackson,” a source close to the situation says.

Murray’s decision to participate in a documentary about the trial could be used at his sentencing hearing.

According to new court docs filed by the D.A., Michael Jackson’s kids are “entitled to wages or profits lost due to injury incurred by the victim.”

http://www.mj-conspiracy.com/

Yes it will be televised on HLN @ 8:30 pacific.11:30 eastern time....Hoping to be here with you all.But not sure DH has surgery and watching granddaughter as daughter has doctors appt...Will look to see what you amazing posters have to say...:rocker::seeya:

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I did and I want you all to know how thankful I am for all of you!

And to thank you all so much for your continued love and support.
I can not express enough how much you and your comments mean to me.
They have been so helpful during this time.

Yes it will be televised on HLN @ 8:30 pacific.11:30 eastern time....Hoping to be here with you all.But not sure DH has surgery and watching granddaughter as daughter has doctors appt...Will look to see what you amazing posters have to say...:rocker::seeya:

Thanks, kimpage, for the update.

From a very good article at CNN:

"Katherine Jackson and several of her children will be in court for the sentencing Tuesday,
but her grandchildren Prince, Paris and Blanket will not. They'll be at school, she said.

She was uncertain whether anyone from the family would speak in court, but she was interviewed
by a probation officer who will include her thoughts in the report to the judge, Jackson said.

Murray's elderly mother, Milta Rush, wrote a letter to the judge asking for mercy,
saying "his compassion and his soft heartedness for others led to this dilemma."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/28/justice/california-conrad-murray-sentencing/

POOR CONRAD MURRAY...

(from the CNN article I mentioned above)

"..... a biography of Murray that described him as "a self-made man of humble origins,"
who paid his own way through medical school without scholarships or family funds.

"He was raised in a home that lacked indoor plumbing or electricity, and he
walked to school barefoot for his first couple years of school,
" the defense said."

Great reasons to not send him to prison!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I did and I want you all to know how thankful I am for all of you!

And to thank you all so much for your continued love and support.
I can not express enough how much you and your comments mean to me.
They have been so helpful during this time.

:seeya:We missed you, peace, and we''re glad you're back with us. I hope seeing and having your folks close, despite the sad circumstances, gave you some strength, closeness and love. Again, my thoughts are still of and with you. Are you back and nestled into your home now? Home is good.

And so we're back at it. We'll see how the doctor looks tomorrow....will he still be wearing that semi-snotty "I did nothing wrong," look?? Has jailhouse food and culture shock made him a bit more humble? Is he expecting to walk out of the courthouse door along with everyone else? Has JP spoken with the Corrections Dept. to see if four years can actually be served as an active inmate even though the inmate has not been convicted of a prior violent crime? Or does a judge simply not do that kind of thing? That part will also be interesting.

I am planning to watch the proceeding, so I hope to join "the gang" to see where he'll spend the next 4 years.

Will the Dreamy Deputy DA present the documentary as evidence for an active sentence? If so, will there be any contempt charges for the stars of the show?

We'll have to wait & see.

Again, much love, strength and peace:peace: to you, peace9274...:hug:

Will Tuesday's sentencing hearing for Conrad Murray be televised and if so, what time will it begin?

According to this source, Dr. Murray wants to speak at his hearing and Prosecutors are asking Judge Michael Pastor to order the doc to pay Michael Jackson’s children more than $100 million for their loss.

The doctor – who has had his medical license in California yanked – has told his legal team that he will be speaking at the sentencing hearing.

“Dr. Murray wanted to testify, and feels that if he had, there is no way he would have been convicted. Murray is livid that his lawyers didn’t put him on the stand and has said he plans on pleading with Judge Michael Pastor for mercy. Murray will admit no guilt, and not take any responsibility for his actions. Murray plans on appealing and wants the judge to give him probation only for killing Michael Jackson,” a source close to the situation says.

Murray’s decision to participate in a documentary about the trial could be used at his sentencing hearing.

According to new court docs filed by the D.A., Michael Jackson’s kids are “entitled to wages or profits lost due to injury incurred by the victim.”

Thanks, Bluesky, for the link to those articles. There was a lot of good reading there. Hope to "see" you at the sentencing hearing!:seeya:

Thank you kimpage.

Did the Defense actually file an appeal for CM to bail out of jail before today's hearing or was it a rumor?

Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penquins are coming to Winnipeg to play the Jets on my birthday. I began a Reiki Master Course in 2008 and needed to complete 3 distance healing attunements in order to complete the course so I was Sidney’s energy healer for the past year.

I live in Manitoba Canada and I'm two hours ahead of Los Angeles, CA.
Time zones are: 8:30 PST, 10:30 CST, 11:30 EST.

I wonder what Conrad Murray will be wearing to court today?

Here’s the link for HLN. http://www.rentadrone.tv/hln-live-stream-feed/

Should we open a new thread for sentencing?

Thanks, Bluesky, for the link to those articles. There was a lot of good reading there. Hope to "see" you at the sentencing hearing!:seeya:

Thank you borndem,

I don't think Judge Pastor will be lenient today in sentencing Conrad Murray.

This 100 million dollar lawsuit by the DA will be one of the highest lawsuits on record if it is approved by Judge Pastor.

Joe Jackson filed a lawsuit against Conrad Murray and so did Katherine Jackson but Katherine missed the deadline so hers was rejected.

She was uncertain whether anyone from the family would speak in court, but she was interviewed by a probation officer who will include her thoughts in the report to the judge, Jackson said.

Murray's elderly mother, Milta Rush, wrote a letter to the judge asking for mercy,
saying "his compassion and his soft heartedness for others led to this dilemma."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/28/justice/california-conrad-murray-sentencing/

<respectfully snipped BM>

I wonder if CJ's 'Victim Impact Statement' speak for everyone in Michael's family or if his father and siblings gave one too?

Conrad Murray has never spoken directly with Judge Pastor or confronted him so I'm glad we can watch today's Courtroom drama live. I imagine CM prepared a speech for the Judge and has been rehearsing his lines.

Will Conrad Murray sit in the witness box during today's proceedings?

<snipped>

Instead, the defense proposed that Murray could be sentenced to community service along with probation.

&#8220;Though he will perhaps not again be a doctor qualified to make diagnoses, he could educate and counsel patients about heart care and disease prevention,&#8221; it said. &#8220;There are many nonprofit clinics and organizations that would benefit from his participation, if ordered to perform community service as a condition of his sentence and a means of &#8216;putting some water back into the public well.&#8217;&#8221;

Is the clinic Conrad Murray opened as a tribute to his late father still open? After CM&#8217;s medical license was revoked, another physician will have to take over for him.

Ruby Mosley never revealed during her testimony whether Dr. Murray was actively fulfilling all his duties and responsibilities to the clinic so in retrospect I wonder what was really going on there and what changes occurred after CM became MJ&#8217;s personal doctor.

Although Katherine Jackson said "I don&#8217;t believe that he intended for Michael to die. He was just taking a chance."; I&#8217;m not so certain. Conrad Murray didn&#8217;t take the stand so imo Conrad Murray should receive the maximum sentence and serve some time in a federal prison.

Good morning everyone!

I started a sentencing thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155912"]GUILTY Conrad Murray Trial - Sentencing Hearing - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I read last week that Conrad Murray's request for bail was denied, because the judge feels he is a danger to society.

I read last week that Conrad Murray's request for bail was denied, because the judge feels he is a danger to society.

Ain't that a shame, as Fats Domino (even before MY time, but barely!) sang. Our good Judge did NOT like this guy, IMO. He saw what this man really was. Thanks for the into, Isabelle!

Just read where Conrad Murray's license to practice medicine was revoked in Texas on 8/30/13. His license is also revoked in California. What's up with Nevada?

He gets out of jail tomorrow (10/28/13) according to HLN.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back