Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh...I remember something about that. Didn't it have something to do with Sheriff McNesby? Or maybe someone from the Alabama football team - ? Ugh...this is going to drive me caRAzy now!

if i remember right it was a big drug bust of some sort at the SS bar at the beach

Kimberly Guilfoyle made an interesting comment on FNC yesterday afternoon, she said she thinks this group got together to do a series of crimes like robbery etc, but fortunately got caught their first hit at the Billings.
IDK if that's the case it's just speculation, but it wouldn't be the first time a diverse group came together to commit a series of crimes.

Yeah. I watched Ocean's Eleven! :crazy:

Sorry, you are actually RIGHT, I just couldn't resist!

Here's my thoughts on that based on the evidence thus far.... just guesses:

Guess 1:
The more people involved, the more people that L. Patrick Jr. could have used as scapegoats, in the event they got caught. Especially those with criminal backgrounds. (That plan got foiled by the video tape and L. Patrick Sr. throwing LPJ under the bus. That left LPJ with only one scapegoat - his own father.)

Guess 2:
Somebody (perhaps a gang member?) found out about L. Patrick Jr.'s plan to rob the Billing and wanted a piece of the loot - in exchange for not squealing or killing him themselves. In essence, he was strong armed into recruiting them. Much like the juvenile.

Guess 3:
L. Patrick Jr and/or Sr owed them money. Maybe even Pam Wiggens owed the money - LPJ was doing a favor. (Maybe drug related?) They concocted this scheme to pay off their debt and recruited them for the "'big pay off."

But I could be totally wrong. I'm sure we'll find out more in the coming days.
I like all the possibilities you've listed. It'll be interesting once we get more information.

Didn't the Sheriff say the DEA was brought into this case because many of the suspects have drug ties and had illegal weapons and the DEA assisted them in tracking these people down? Sounds very reasonable to me.

I think they chose the Billings because they had car dealerships and dealers are known to carry cash on them and they would probably have a safe at their home to put the money in when they came in each day.

Yes OBE, the sheriff made it very clear the DEA was brought in to investigate the SUSPECTS not the Billings.

I think we have established that there was at least one shady adoption dealings with the Billings

mom23 probably didn't see those papers. that was my whole point there, I wasnt trying to upset her

Both $50,000,000.00 Liens were filed on EXACTLY the same day: January 25th, 2006.

One in Escambia County on ONE individual (L.Y.B.)

-and-

One in Santa Rosa COunty on ANOTHER individual (J.Y.O.)

AND, I just figured it out! He did the POWER OF ATTORNEY for each of the kids so that he could sign for them to pronounce themselves SOVEREIGN!

(Examine the wording in the "Trustmark Copyright" Documents!)

This was the only way he could sign for the kids, as they were probably all too young, not to mention with their various disablities, they couldn't sign a document that clearly reads: "I am competent for stating the matter set forth herewith"

SORRY, GUYS!! I have a REAL MORAL ISSUE with someone claiming power of attorney over their 15-16 disabled children and then declaring them "SOVEREIGN"!!!

Since they were all minors and didn't pay income tax what is the purpose for "sovereign"? The SC movement seems to center around tax protesters and other anti-government groups. I don't see the reasoning or benefit for the children.

FYI--my local bank had three officers indicted and sent to Federal prison peddling similar tax avoidance schemes called "pure trusts" and the IRS nailed them a few years ago.

The courts have rules against this stuff for years and the only people who benefit (until they are indicted) are the ones who make money off the suckers they sell their information to.

Just to be clear, this doesn't actually work in court.

But, I will say, the Billings beliefs about sovereign citizenship, which is something I have been convinced of by credible evidence on here (Their own documents proclaiming themselves as sovereign citizens), may tie into the crime in some way. Either one or more of the perps is also a member of this group and so knew them or had dealing with them or one or more have a grudge against this group or both. At least it's very possible that an association with this group would bring someone into nearer contact with violent people, considering that

Remember that one perps myspace page that said, "Kill the Hattas [Haters]" or something like that?

On the other hand, there are many people who are not members of the actual Sovereign Citizen Movement and all it entails. They just believe that if they proclaim themselves Sovereign Citizens they won't have to pay taxes or traffic fines. They also believe that if you put everything you own into a trust, you can deduct all your living expenses. (Not true, so don't try it!:))

I can see some people being under the impression that people who believe this might have large amounts of cash or gold at their home.

In actuality, a lot of people that have this mentality (Sovereign, that is...), DO tend to stockpile money (Gold and Silver Bullion especially...)

They have already essentially said, "I do NOT trust the U.S. Government nor the I.R.S..."

I have witnessed this with SEVERAL acquaintances over the years.

Some actually carry it to the extreme of BURYING the money in the yard/house/etc... And some are even known to stockpile Guns/Ammo, etc...

It tends to kind of lead to a whole "Militia" mentality, too...(for lack of a better word)...

Also, the few people that I knew that were this way, BECAME THIS WAY after they had acquired a fair amount of WEALTH.... They basically just got sick of being taxed at a higher and higher tax rate and eventually said, "Screw the Government..."

If these documents have no legal standing in court why bother with them? I am confused!

I think we have established that there was at least one shady adoption dealings with the Billings

mom23 probably didn't see those papers. that was my whole point there, I wasnt trying to upset her

Yet the son stayed with and was raised by the family and was not taken away it seems.

Yes, but in this case the men were served with notice but could not come to hearing because they were in prison. If adoptive parents were doing this repeatedly, the men could have standing based on fraud and the doctrine of unclean hands. Even if they ultimately could not get their child back, they could raise a huge stink.

Prisoners get to go to court hearings they have to be allowed it s their right and we all pay for their lawyers just like when the murder of the Billings who are taking care of all these children are gunned down in cold blood by Men who are low life scum and this time it is on video.But they get free lawyers they have rights.............I use to think A beheading in a town square was inhumane and horrendous .............now I think it is even more horrendous that we do not
What about the victims rights?

and probably did

exactly what I was thinking, now how did any of these perps know this ?

That's the link that nobody's been able to make, if it even exists. I haven't seen anything linking these perps to these victims except that I think one or more may have done some work at the home. Maybe the SC thing came up in conversation.
Now that the perps are in custody, I think LE will know how the idea to rob these people germinated sooner or later. Frankly, they all seem like they'd rat out the others for some leniency to me.

It looks like Melanie had Nikki (Nicole) out of wedlock in the early 80"s- her dad appears to be Bradley Petty. Nikki haf CP and was autistic. She died in 2008. MB married Mitchell Rae, who gave his last name to Nikki. MB changed it after the divorce back to her maiden name Brock.

BB's first wife was Cindy. They has 2 biological kids - Michael and Melissa. They adopted baby John who's father worked; John died when he was choked to death after an argument with a girlfriend in 1995

He showed people how to:

1. Hide and Paint Vehicles
2. Commit Robbery while wearing Ninja "GARB"
3. Easily conceal large objects under piles of bricks

That's what "INTELLIGENCE" refers to, I do believe. :Banane36:

Now THAT was funny!

This is so true. I would love to elaborate, but it's o/t. Let's just say someone filed something frivolous against me once. It was a new girlfriend of an ex boyfriend. She was VERY jealous of me and went down to the court house and tried to say that I assaulted her and filed a TRO. I had to go to court to fight it (she never even bothered showing up) and the case was thrown out. I had to pay an attorney to represent me in court (for something I didn't do) and all she paid was a $5.00 court filing fee! The judge was P.O.ed and put the word out that if she tried to file against me again it would be thrown out as well. It was a totally frivolous claim, but I had no choice...I had to show up to defend myself.
I've seen almost the exact scenario you've described in domestic abuse and/or custody dispute situations, multiple times. One can bankrupt another with trumped up charges, discredit them, destroy their reputation, jeopardize their position of employment, and if nothing else destroy their psyche.

Does this in anyway resemble Anarchist beliefs?
Yes
It's essentially a right-wing anarchist movement in its full-blown incarnation. But not all people who try to use it's ridiculous legal tactics are actually in the movement in all its beliefs and practices.
Here's more info from the Anti-Defamation League. And the Southern Poverty Law Center has lots of info, too.
http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/scm.asp

In actuality, a lot of people that have this mentality (Sovereign, that is...), DO tend to stockpile money (Gold and Silver Bullion especially...)

They have already essentially said, "I do NOT trust the U.S. Government nor the I.R.S..."

I have witnessed this with SEVERAL acquaintances over the years.

Some actually carry it to the extreme of BURYING the money in the yard/house/etc... And some are even known to stockpile Guns/Ammo, etc...

It tends to kind of lead to a whole "Militia" mentality, too...(for lack of a better word)...

Also, the few people that I knew that were this way, BECAME THIS WAY after they had acquired a fair amount of WEALTH.... They basically just got sick of being taxed at a higher and higher tax rate and eventually said, "Screw the Government..."

Pawn shops, buy here pay here, borrow money at exorbitant rates. . . seems like they said "screw the people who use these kind of services" too. Like minorities and illegal immigrants. . .

I imagine that could tick someone off. . . might lead someone to think it would be a good idea to "take it back" - or to make it LOOK like that was the motivation. Who stood to gain the most from this crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bikerman Chief