CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came in for an update, so this presser should be 8pm central?? For me one more hour.

I haven't seen anyone making impassioned pleas for her safe return. :( MOO

My guess is that, knowing her character, they have an awful gut feeling that something is horribly wrong....and maybe it is a cultural or religious thing, too, to not want to do this?
I know it does seem kind of weird, though. Unusual.

Thanks for hanging in on this...

He is a guy with tremendous power. The domain case may seem insignificant but IT WAS AN UNPRECEDENTED decision in his favor. Someone took the domain name and he was able get it back in an arbitration. THIS IS UNHEARD OF. I'm sure he threw money at it...just like the sexual lawsuit. He fought in the 1967 and 1973 wars in Israel. THE AMOUNT OF INORMATION ABOUT HIM THAT HAS BEEN EXPUNGED FROM THE INTERNET IS AMAZING.

First, let me say I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience with us.

Second, I do agree that this is a guy with a lot of power who has acted inappropriately at work (and probably not only at work), and has harrassed his co-workers breaking the anti-harrassment law. Such behaviour is unacceptable and it should not be condoned.

I have worked with a number of powerful men who act in a similar way, and the companies for whom they work tolerate it. It infuriates me! Nevertheless, that does not make them murderers.

In this particular case, I do not believe he is the perpetrator. I also do not understand your comment about him fighting in 1967 and 1973 wars in Israel. He was living there at that time and military service was compulsory. Does that make him a bad person or a murderer?

9pm news conference

THANK YOU, Puffster and all who have been contributing so much to this Forum today!

Quick question: Has there been any further mention of the young African-American man with the fancy (for lack of a better word) hairstyle who was picked up Saturday morning by the Armistad building and driven off in an unmarked LE vehicle. (This is NOT the CT state's attorney, who was shown that day getting into a police car while wearing a "casual Saturday" short-sleeved blue shirt!)

TIA.

They could have her blood on them though... what if the person stashed the clothes and changed to get out of the building undetected.

I still think it possible the perp would take her dead or alive out of there because leaving a body might tie him/her to the crime too easily.

Do you think to the point that influence from Yale would keep him protected from the arm of the law if he was guilty and involved in some way here?

Ta for the info on him too Puffster.

no way. IMO.

In fact, your question makes me think that, as he has involved Yale in a sexual harrassment lawsuit once - one Yale saw fit to settle - I would HOPE he'd be quite aware of what Yale would do to him if such harrassment complaints continued.

And that is threatenting, and makes me think that it's possible that he could over-react in anger if Annie threatened to report him.

His lab is his prestige is his life. The man is driven. Don't get in his way.

According to him:

http://www.medicineatyale.org/v3i1_jan_feb_2007/lifelines.html

"Although he works closely with industry and has been offered presidencies of drug companies numerous times, Schlessinger, now the William H. Prusoff Professor and chair of the Department of Phamacology, has chosen instead to continue his seven-day workweek at Yale. “I need the freedom of academia,” he explains. “It’s the freedom that makes me work.”

He ascribes his drive to his tumultuous origins. “I have tremendous anxiety because of what happened to my parents,” Schlessinger says. That anxiety, forged in war, has been an advantage at the lab bench. “You’re only as good as your last work,” he says. “You have to prove yourself again.”"

sorry if this thought has already been posted... .I have about ten more pages until I am caught up on this thread...

So it would have to have been someone that knew that opening the door would cause this reaction.. someone who regularly runs the autoclave, etc.. do you know if there would be techs that do this or do the students and faculty run their own batch of stuff thru the autoclave (generally speaking)

It depends on the lab- generally there is an equipment room on the floor with one or two and all the labs on the floor use them. Sometimes people run their own stuff, and sometimes you drop your stuff off and there is a tech who takes care of it. They are not hard to use- sort of like using a washing machine. you just need to see it started up once.

I agree that the professors are a bit suspicious.

I am SHOCKED that NO ONE in her family or in his family or the fiance has come out and come on tv and plea for her safe return. Anyone think how crazy that is?? I don't know, I guess I just expect someone to be pleaing for her return even if its unlikely she make be alive.

I also think its crazy that we don't know much after almost a week. The press conference was a joke. They should know definitively if she left that building or not.

Are they checking the incinerator because could the incinerator let out a lot of steam and that be the cause of the fire alarm? Does the campus have an incinerator there? Who has keys to her office? Was her officed locked up? The big question is WHO KNEW she was going to be there? Her group, her professors, etc. I hope LE questioned everyone that accessed that building. If she felt unsafe or a professor hit on her, I would imagine that her boyfriend knows about it, I am sure she would of told him.

I feel like Yale is trying to make this yush yush and I feel like the reward should be a lot more. Why hasn't the family or the fiance put up an award also?

Hi Italianangel, LE just has to know a whole lot more than we realize. Whatever it is has led them to swarm on specific searchs that are still ongoing today I think. They had a tip and maybe it is panning out as it seems LE is working feverishly late on a Sunday evening.

I think LE knew within hours what the outcome was going to hold for Annie. There was no cry out to the residents of New Haven to keep their doors locked. And as you say, the family members and her fiance have not uttered a word thru the media, begging for Anie's return. xox

THANK YOU, Puffster and all who have been contributing so much to this Forum today!

Quick question: Has there been any further mention of the young African-American man with the fancy (for lack of a better word) hairstyle who was picked up Saturday morning by the Armistad building and driven off in an unmarked LE vehicle. (This is NOT the CT state's attorney, who was shown that day getting into a police car while wearing a "casual Saturday" short-sleeved blue shirt!)

TIA.

they're called cornrows. nope nothing new. but i'm guessing he's not one of the professers.

Anyone have a a link that will show the presser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pigg7457