CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #7 FOUND DECEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm in the minority here, but I don't think anything I know about him (except the police report from his ex-girlfriend) screams, "I'm going to kill someone someday." He was in a charity club and a club that promoted things Asian. Heck, maybe he had always wanted to go to China - I took Russian in high school because the class made a trip there and I wanted to go -- I had no deep interest in the cold war or in the Russian language for that matter. I wouldn't take high school clubs very seriously.

Except for that one picture where he's staring straight ahead at the camera, I don't think he looks like anything but a normal Connecticut boy. The type I wouldn't notice in a bar or on the street -- pick a six pack of people and put them in the scene -- that type. Someone his age might think he's cute.

The stuff his girlfriend wrote smacked to me of a girl who's in a relationship with a boy who isn't as into her as she is to him (the crack about how they're just living together for financial reasons - ha ha ha - and some of the other stuff defending his reputation).

Even the control-freak thing at work doesn't seem that weird to me. I mean, it may be obnoxious, but it doesn't seem that weird - people who don't feel powerful will try to exert control over small things sometimes.

I think it's only in hindsight that these things take on anything ominous. Seems very, very normal for a 23/24 year old high school graduate living in Connecticut, other than the crime he may have committed.

I agree with a lot of what you say. Is it possible that he did like "Asian" things, i.e. food, culture, women? Absolutely, and it sounds like perhaps the fiancee may have been just a little worried about that.

I posted on her thread about how it sounded like, in her MySpace blog, she was trying to convince herself that he wasn't involved with someone at the lab, not trying to convince others.

I really hope they decide to di further into what role she may have played in all of this.

I don't know. I can say in a general sense, women select fathers for their children based on their belief that their children will have a better chance of survival. Perhaps, in some situtations (like in the US) a Caucasion male appears "fitter". Women have been sexually selecting taller men for a long time. Tall men are promoted more often, and have more children, on average.

I would think a lot of women select fathers based on their belief that their childern will get genes that make them good looking. I wonder if that's what some asian women are thinking when they select only white men.

I've started a thread to discuss all things related to the alarm.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4165881#post4165881"]The Alarm - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I am grinnin' ....my user name should be "fluff head"! "you are in the forum now"........WHAT, did you wave your magic wand?? I Have NO earthly idea how you did that......I shouldn't even be on here with all you amazing folks.....(but I keep tagging along and am so appreciative of things I can be made aware of every day)

LOL
I remember that feeling.

But seriously, JBean, Animal, Chicoliving, et.al,... they do have magic wands. I've seen 'em. :dance:

I believe the FBI spokesman said piece of equipment. There was never a mention of what that equipment was.

What do you mean by piece of equipment? Instead of "laboratory hood"? I just don't understand what the FBI person really said. TIA

We need to take advantage of the forum now. The reason we are given a forum is to spread out the case into individual files on pertinent information so we can go back to find it easily when the case goes to trial. We will be very grateful when the time comes not to dig through the endless general discussion threads to get important facts of the case.

We won't have this thread later today. ;) We should get busy before we have new developments in the case.

I'm bumping up SS's post. If you think it's hard to find links or information posted earlier now, wait till there's a trial! We are really going to want all the info and discussion indexed in the titled threads of the forum.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/un...e-suspect-it-/

Did RC leave the building when the alarm went off? Was it a way for him to have a "reason" to leave the building?

Sorry if this has been discussed. I'm coming in late and have not read all the posts.

Well it's being reported this morning that he did exit the building and was acting odd. But reporting on this case has been horrible.

On that note, would you like some salt or Mrs. Dash with that? lol.

Re. The fire alarm being set off deliberately: has anyone considered it was done by the offender in an attempt to cover up the fact she'd not left the building? Firstly it'd make finding her exit on CCTV more difficult, and secondly I'd imagine there'd be a lot of people leaving at once, therefore not being recorded by the swipecard system.

cacwelcome7.gif

:parrot:

What do you mean by piece of equipment? Instead of "laboratory hood"? I just don't understand what the FBI person really said. TIA

Yes, she didn't specify what piece of equipment caused the steam.

When he was questioned by the FBI, agents took note of numerous injuries on his body, the source said, including what appeared to be bruises and abrasions on his arms, a mark under his eye, a scratch on his right ear, and a bruise or deep scratch to his chest.

When questioned, he said some of the injuries were a scratch from a cat. Others he attributed to playing softball.

“He had excuses for everything,” the source said.

It was when officials started taking pictures of his injuries that Clark reportedly appeared to get nervous and asked for an attorney.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/16/news/new_haven/doc4ab0f8c64f569632844012.txt

his injuries, and excuses ring chillingly familiar - ala Chris Coleman :eek:

I'm an Asian woman who has only been attracted to Caucasian men, for as long as I can remember. My Caucasian husband has always been primarily attracted to Asian women, for as long as he was interested in girls.

Neither of us has ever had a "fixation". It's simply a matter of preference. Some guys like girls with long hair. Others like girls with short or shaved hair. Some women like beefy guys. Others like slender.

Not discrediting the fact some people do have a fixation, but that is certainly not always the case.

All of us have our own life experiences which give us a unique perspective. I value your perspective. My perspective comes from being a survivor of trafficking, a scholar and a human rights activist. While I may not be considered "right" by some, my input is valuable. Together we learn from each other.

Hi I usually lurk, but I had a thought I wanted to share. Forgive me if this has already been floated around. Could it be possible that Annie and Ray had a fling at one point and he couldn't get over it and killed her knowing she was about to marry someone else? I only mention it because I read in another thread that supposedly his fiancee wrote on her blog in 2008 that she was annoyed that there was a rumor that Ray was cheating on her with someone in the animal research lab. And during the press conf last night, a reporter asked what Annie and Ray's relationship was, and the detective paused and seemed like he was going to say something but then just said "They worked at the same Yale facility". The two of them having an affair seems unlikely based on reports about her - she seemed devoted to her fiance and straight as an arrow - but I thought I'd float it out there. If I've learned anything in life it is that anything is possible.

Gotta tell you that I've had this thought myself at the beginning of the case, even before this news about the girlfriend addressing the cheating rumors on her blog. I didn't mention it because I felt like I would be dissing Annie's memory for some reason, even though we hash stuff out here in order to come to conclusions.

Anyway, my point is that I think you may very well be on to something with this.

I am not sure what kind of High School he attended, but my kids parochial school does this sort of thing on a regular basis. They have diaper drives where they bring diapers and baby wipes to give to women's shelters, and homes for single mothers. I don't find this creepy at all....I see it as a way to teach these young people compassion for others. JMOO

ITA this type charity is a wonderful experience for young people...however, when looking at backgrounds of perps/POIs, I often see similarities to convicted killers....and they creep me out.

It was not my intent to imply that males who help out single pregnant women are always violent...just remarking on coincidences.

HTH.

I would think a lot of women select fathers based on their belief that their childern will get genes that make them good looking. I wonder if that's what some asian women are thinking when they select only white men.

I think it's possible, but highly, highly unlikely. I think there would be a VERY small fraction of Asian women (or all women, for that matter) who select a mate for the purpose of having attractive children.

I know when I met my husband, the last thing I was thinking about was kids. The first thing that crossed my mind was: "WOW. He's hot."

I agree with you- up to a point. I do think the video picture of Annie holding an object- being described as both a baby and a cat- rather than the obvious large binder (hello people, she was a student) are not reasonable. [Poor quality resolution and blown up] A lot of people also made assumptions that it was the family trying to stop the marriage because it was intercultural. But analyzing that the POI joined a club of the same nationality as the victim he chose, is NOT in the same league. He may have been obsessing over her for a long time and had a long-standing interest in Asian women even though his current gf is not.

I have to agree with this. A whole lot of ridiculous stuff gets said on this forum. People watch too much television and can make the most ridiculous theories without any evidence to suggest it. But this Asain club deal is interesting. It very well may be nothing but it has the hairs on my neck standing up and I am married to an Asian gal.

Here we have an impressionable young guy who has been characterized by such adjectives as non-social, naiive, strict, and even called a rapist. In my highschool we did not have an Asian awareness type stuff that I can recall. But this supposed non-social guy is in an Asian club and for some reason most likely killed an Asian girl who was beautiful.

For those of you who think it is a ridiculous idea, more power to ya.

Has it been established who the woman was that was exiting the building as Annie was entering (or held the door for her)? My gut is suspicious that this person knows something, as if her arrival was arranged, for criminal purposes or otherwise. Someone should know who it is.

I think it's possible, but highly, highly unlikely. I think there would be a VERY small fraction of Asian women (or all women, for that matter) who select a mate for the purpose of having attractive children.

I know when I met my husband, the last thing I was thinking about was kids. The first thing that crossed my mind was: "WOW. He's hot."

I am not sure if you were born in the states or not but many Asian women overseas marry American men with the most important attribute of being a good provider. I use the term that way to imply that they not marry someone rich but someone stable and secure that can take care of them and their family.

I don't have the exact quote handy, that the FBI spokesman made. IIRC, she said the alarm was set off because of steam, and it could have been done by a human. She would not state whether it was intentional or not.

So we are left to wonder if the steam was created purposely to set off the alarm.

Can someone help me here? The steam that set off the alarm... was it ever stated where in the building the alarm originated? As a former maintenance supervisor at a 220-bed nursing home facility... I was constantly testing, working on and documenting events that involved a fire panel (a very large box that is the main control panel and receiver for all sprinklers and detectors) within each building. There were major differences between both fire panels.. one was from the dark ages and had only 8 zones marked whereas there were more zones that needed independence from residental zones imo but the other fire panel was very up to date and was much easier to work with. I would have to be inclined to believe this Yale building, given its age, had a fairly sophisticated fire panel. I do know that in the instance an alarm is sounded most people run to exits but a handful of people have to head to the alarm. I and other maintenance employees were trained in how to read the fire panel to determine quickly the location to see where the alarm originated and then report to the area to assess and assist in quelling the problem that caused the alarm to go off until the fire department arrived and whether a false alarm or not they always arrived.

I agree with you- up to a point. I do think the video picture of Annie holding an object- being described as both a baby and a cat- rather than the obvious large binder (hello people, she was a student) are not reasonable. [Poor quality resolution and blown up] A lot of people also made assumptions that it was the family trying to stop the marriage because it was intercultural. But analyzing that the POI joined a club of the same nationality as the victim he chose, is NOT in the same league. He may have been obsessing over her for a long time and had a long-standing interest in Asian women even though his current gf is not.

I believe I was the first to mention a baby, I never said it was a baby, but rather that the manner in which she was holding whatever it was looked the way a person would hold a baby or other living thing. (hello! just because she was a student doesn't mean she would only ever carry a binder). Sorry, but there is no need to be rude about other people's opinions or observations just because they are different from your own. I still do not see that it was obviously a binder. I can see that it might possibly be but I also see things I do not understand such as the L shaped cutout at the bottom of the object in the picture.

I am not sure if you were born in the states or not but many Asian women overseas marry American men with the most important attribute of being a good provider. I use the term that way to imply that they not marry someone rich but someone stable and secure that can take care of them and their family.

I concede on this to a point. Yes, I've witnessed instances like these, too, where basic attraction takes a back seat to other concerns.

I admit my comments were made in the context of U.S. society. I can see how public perception would blur all Asians together, regardless of cultural background and birthplace.

That's a big interest of mine, how Asian culture and preferences change after so many years/generations of U.S. cultural assimilation.

(Note: Personally, I'm a 1st generation U.S.-born citizen. Caucasian mother, Asian father who was born & raised in Hawai'i.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637