CT CT - Bianca Lebron, 10, Bridgeport, 7 Nov 2001

Bianca obviously knew that what she was doing was wrong and that her family wouldnt approve, hence her decision to meet the man at school and not have him collect her from her home that day. She also had the sense to describe him as her uncle so deep down she knew that him being with her was somehow wrong.

However she was at an impressionable age and was maybe flattered by this weirdos attention, no matter how wrong it was. Maybe she left for good with him willingly and just didnt come back for whatever reasons. Could she have fallen pregnant and been ashamed?

Just long shots...

This girl was only 10 years old and in the fifth grade! How would she have been having a relationship with an older person? Her going with him must have been pre-arranged for him to show up at the school and her to go right over to him. Did she have a uncle that no one has thought to look at after all of this time? A friend of the family that she called "uncle?" Seems like every family has a close friend that their kids call their uncle even though he isn't.
Maybe the "uncle" had talked to her the night before and said that he wanted to take her shopping at the mall. If this girl didn't have much she would have been thrilled. He could have even borrowed a vehicle from someone or rented one so he wouldn't have been identified.

This girl was just a little girl. I can't imagine her being mature enough to plan to go away with someone or be into relationships with anyone. That doesn't make sense to me. If she had been a couple years older but not at 10 yrs.

I know what you mean. My daughter is 12 and I cant imagine her having any ideas like that for a good few years to come. I guess the point I was trying to get across was that you never know what these sorts of people tell the kids to get them to go with them.

I wonder if this "uncle" was actually the uncle of one of Bianca's little friends or maybe someone that a little friend called "uncle?" I just find it telling that Bianca would tell her school friends that her uncle was picking her up. Ten year olds aren't old enough to think things through and come up with a cover story. I wonder if the young man that they questioned was friends with or related to anyone that Bianca's knew? Some way Bianca knew the person who picked her up.

http://www.connpost.com/breakingnews/ci_8652936

21 March 08

City officials have agreed to pay $750,000 to the family of Bianca Lebron, a 10-year-old whose disappearance from a city school nearly six and one-half years ago sparked controversy over local school security and an unsuccessful nationwide search.

Under the terms of the settlement agreement, which still must be approved by the City Council, the city will make six yearly payments to the girl's family of $125,000.

much, much more at link

Bumping

According to the Topix forum - Biance did have a great-uncle name Jose Reboira who was dating and lived with Luz Gonzalez who just happens to be the mother of Jason Lara.

Jose Reboira died of an alleged drug overdose shortly after his sister (bianca's great aunt) called the police to tell them that Jason Lara fit the description. The only other person present when Jose died was Luz Gonzalez - Jason Lara's mother......

Bumping for Bianca. What a sad case...

I wonder who the person was that made away with this little girl? I still think that it was someone that she actually called "uncle." Maybe the uncle of a school friend or someone that someone in her family knew and refered to this person as "uncle." She knew him from somewhere and he must have told her to call him "uncle" such and such. I don't think she was in a relationship with this person because she was still such a baby.

I think she had seen him at someone's house right before she left with him and he told her he would pick her up at school that day and they would go to the mall...he would buy her such and such..something that he knew she would like to have. She must have trusted him because she felt that she knew him and just went right with him. The promise of getting something at the mall would have reeled her right in.

I wonder if LE got a description of this man from the people who saw her get in the van with him? If I was in LE I would have been checking up on any male relatives of any of her friends that she spends time with at their homes and looking for any males who hung out at her relatives homes. It has to be someone connected with someone that she knows well.

I'm glad that her parents won their suit. This little girl never should have been allowed to leave the school with just anyone.

I agree Bobbisangel. I wonder, though, WHY would any 12 year old girl be hanging around ANY man that isn't family? shoot, being family doesn't even stop the madness :( There apparently was concern that she was meeting the Jason Lara guy, he's 21. WHERE would she know him from? Would we know more about "uncle" at that point?

http://www.connpost.com/breakingnews/ci_8652936

21 March 08

City officials have agreed to pay $750,000 to the family of Bianca Lebron, a 10-year-old whose disappearance from a city school nearly six and one-half years ago sparked controversy over local school security and an unsuccessful nationwide search.

Under the terms of the settlement agreement, which still must be approved by the City Council, the city will make six yearly payments to the girl's family of $125,000.

much, much more at link

This link don't work anymore, but from the little posted here that just don't sound right. Why would the city officials pay this money? I am very sorry the little girl is missing, but it's not the fault of the school or the city....what am I missing here?

I agree Julie, It is VERY sad. I know before my son's school (starts at 9:15, elementary) they have from 9-9:15 where the kids are supervised. I wonder if her school started earlier and someone was supposed to be watching over the kids? I know on the link it said before school, but if it were RIGHT before school...hmm...I still don't see it though. :( so so sad.

I think the issue was that Bianca's parents felt once they dropped her off at school she would be under supervision yet she was able to leave the premises. She even TOLD a teacher along with fellow students she was going shopping with an uncle and the school let her leave with this man without ever identifying who he was or if this was approved by her mother. He did not have to sign her out at the office or anything. They just let her walk away and get in the car with some strange guy without ever verifying who it was. I am sure it is strict policy of most schools that no child can leave or be signed out by anyone other than a parent unless they have been notified by the parents. School administrators did even know she was missing until a day after her disappearence. Her teacher simply marked her as absent. When I was in school if a child had an unexcused absence the parents were always called.

I don't have children but I do see Bianca's parents perspective. I would expect that once I drop my children off at school they are being closely supervised and would not be allowed to leave with strangers. That teachre who heard Bianca talking about leaving with her uncle should have been more diligent. I know I would find it very strange if I was a teacher and an uncle was coming to pick up a student from school before classes and then when I saw some young guy sitting in a car in the parking lot waiting for her I hope I would be diligent enough to call Bianca's parents to see if this had been arranged. That teacher was fired if I remember correctly.

Here is Bianca's Charley Project page. I didn't see it here.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lebron_bianca.htmlhttp://wbztv.com/local/missing.man.bruins.2.1242216.html

Thanks gaia, that explains it much better. I thought she wasn't at school yet (like walking to school) when she left with the so called uncle.

Yeah, she was at school already when she left with him. He was reportedly sitting in the parking lot waiting for her. Pretty scary, huh?

I'm going to move this thread over to the Missing/Located Discussion forum so that we can discuss, speculate, opinionate (is that a word?) more openly.

Thanks,

Hoppy

Thank you Hoppy!

Whatever happened to Bianca Lebron.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/lebron.htm

[SIZE=+3]BIANCA LEBRON[/SIZE]
lebron.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors