CT CT - Bianca Lebron, 10, Bridgeport, 7 Nov 2001

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/connecticut/10-years-since-bridgeport-girl-vanished

10 years since Bridgeport girl vanished

Updated: Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011, 12:46 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011, 12:46 PM EST

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (WTNH) - It has been 10 years now since a then-ten-year-old Bridgeport girl disappeared.

It was exactly 10 years ago Monday when Bianca LeBron was standing outside of her school, saw a brown van approaching on the street and got inside of it. She hasn't been seen since.

It happened around 8:30 in the morning on Nov. 7, 2001. Bianca was lined up with her classmates getting ready to head into school for the day when police say she saw someone she knew, a man she referred to her friends as her 'uncle' inside of a brown van that had pulled up behind the school.

"Her friends were out there," said Detective John Burke, "she turned to her friends and says 'hey my uncle is going to take us to the mall do you want to go?' and her friends declined and got in the van and hasn't been seen since."

Beautiful little girl, I hope she is found there's still hope.
There are so many children who go missing off of school grounds, this scares me. As a parent, I expect school to be a safe haven for my child, but when you hear stuff like this, it's like a haven for child predators as well.

The "uncle" could have been any male adult she knew. In the south, people use "sir and "ma'am", in the area Bianca is from, it is not uncommon for all adults to be addressed with a title. If they are familiar enough to not be called "Mr." or "Ms.", the titles of "Aunt" and "Uncle" are often used as a sign of affection or for friends of the family.

Bianca was under supervision at the time of her disappearance. While there are strict rules about picking up children from school around here, they are sometimes ignored if the child knows the adult and there aren't specific custodial issues expressed to the school. This, however, is usually at dismissal. I find it very odd that the teacher let her go BEFORE school, even if she knew the person. The Bridgeport School System seriously tightened their policies after Bianca disappeared.

The fact that she invited her friends along makes me think this was not a planned elopement on her part.

Is it possible that the truck Bianca got into WAS her uncle's truck (or one similar to it), but unexpectedly, JL was actually inside driving? Depending on the weather that morning, Bianca could have seen what she believed to be her Uncle's car, but due to the outside glare, was unable to clearly view who was behind the wheel. She could have hopped in, assuming her uncle had arrived to pick her up, only to see JL instead. She might have still gone with him, after realizing it was not, in fact, her uncle, as JL was well known to her uncle's family, and therefore, perhaps known to her as well. He could have simply said, "your uncle told me to come get you- he's still taking you to the mall later, but he got busy and sent me to pick you up" or something.

The fact that Bianca asked a classmate if she'd like to join her and the "Uncle" on this trip to the mall makes me think A) she really believed her uncle was coming to get her that morning to take her to the mall and B) didn't believe she was doing anything wrong. If she was sneaking off with someone, she wouldn't have invited a girlfriend to come along too. JMO.

Her disappearance reminds me of a sexual predator/ sex offender situations I have seen on the news/read about. Maybe this is a situation much like Jaycee Dugards? Jaycee was easily overlooked, maybe Bianca is too, they could be out of the country.
I wonder if registered sex offenders have been checked out?
This is her FB page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Finding-Bianca-Lebron/244629328332

Search Park for Remains:
http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Cops-search-Seaside-Park-for-Bianca-Lebron-s-472.php
News 2011:
http://fairfieldcountyind.com/2011/05/22/mystery-of-girl’s-disappearance-remains-unsolved/

Holding out hope missing Bridgeport girl is alive

[snip]

Bianca LeBron disappeared in Bridgeport back in November 2001 when she was just 10-years-old. Her family is still hoping she will be found alive someday.

"I just want for us to get a call one day like that. To say Bianca's found, she's in the hospital, go get her," said Sonia Torres, Bianca's grandmother.

[snip]

The so-called 'uncle' has never been found. Any leads that have come in have turned up empty.

More: http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/fairfield_cty/holding-out-hope-missing-ct-girl-is-alive#.UZhRPMpujX-

10 Cases Of Students Vanishing From Their Schools

9 - Bianca Lebron

Ten-year-old Bianca Lebron was a fifth-grade student at Elias Howe School in Bridgeport, Connecticut. On the morning of November 7, 2001, she arrived for classes and told her friends and teacher that her uncle was going to take her shopping that day. At approximately 8:30 AM, she was seen climbing into a brown van with tinted windows, which was being driven by a Hispanic male in his twenties. Because everyone at school assumed this man was Bianca’s uncle, they did not think her departure was unusual and her teacher simply marked her absent for the day. This is the last anyone ever saw of her.

However, Bianca did not actually have an uncle and no one from her family owned a brown van. As a result of this misunderstanding, Bianca was not reported missing until later that night. A potential suspect was Jason Gonzalez, a 20-year-old acquaintance of Bianca’s who had reportedly been seen kissing her. He left town a month after Bianca’s disappearance and did not provide a statement to police for nearly two years. While Gonzalez does resemble the composite sketch of the driver and had a friend who owned a brown van at the time, he did provide an alibi for that morning. After declaring her daughter legally dead, Bianca’s mother filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the school for allowing her to leave with this unidentified man, but she still has no answers about what happened to her daughter.

http://listverse.com/2013/07/11/10-cases-of-students-vanishing-from-their-schools/

I don't quite understand how anyone could have described what the "uncle" was wearing while he was seated in the brown van with tinted windows at the school that morning. Did a witness approach the van with Bianca and take note of his apparel---right down to what he was wearing on his feet? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Does anyone know how these details came to be reported? I'm stumped.

Didn't Angie Houseman (St. Louis, MO area) say she was going to go shopping with her uncle the day she disappeared too? I do not believe the cases are related, but that schools allow these kids to leave with so-called "relatives" without permission from a child's legal guardian is terrifying.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Bridgeport Police Department Needs Your Help
July 30, 2014 2:00 PM
http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2014/07/30/bridgeport-police-department-needs-your-help/
bianca-lebron-missing-and-age-progression-courtesy-bridgeport-police.png
http://cbshartford.files.wordpress....tesy-bridgeport-police.png?w=620&h=349&crop=1
Thirteen years later, Bianca is now 23. Detective John Burke, the lead investigator in the case believes that “there are people who have information that can help us.” He remains confident, saying, “We want to bring her home. The police department has not forgotten about Bianca. The community has not forgotten her. We need their help.” Burke wishes to remind the public that this is an ongoing investigation and that any contribution would be helpful.
Detectives are asking anyone with information to please contact Burke at 203-581-5183.

Her abduction from her school is terrifying. I will always be thinking of her.

Bianca went missing from Bridegport, Connecticut where abducted Carlina White was relocated and whom wasn't reunited with her real family until after 23 years. Bianca's father's first name is Felix, which is the same first name of Gina Dejesus' father who was missing for 9 years. Just two eerie coincidences to long-term missing and recovered children that gives a little hope.

Case remains active and open.

Family still looking for answers in Bianca Lebron disappearance

Investigators stress the case is still open and active with two detectives assigned to it. Captain A.J. Perez says there are also boxes of documents related to the case which they occasionally review.

“Every once in a while we get a tip, we get a lead, and we follow it through. As a matter of fact, we just had one about a month ago, and it always looks so promising and you think, ‘This is the one,’” says Perez.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Never Ending
Back