DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know that too!

Me three. I think child neglect would be my guess.... I think the pattern repeated itself here. I would love to see what the files on MT said.

All of this family holds some responsibility for this child. If SY, AY, and grandma can't work out between them who's care Relisha was in then they should all be locked up. If they do not know her whereabouts then surely there is some charge that can be laid! Produce the child or pay the price. So frustrating that no one is being held accountable for this :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LE is holding KT accountable for this and they have from the beginning.

She seemed more mature than I imagined.

Same here Bakerlady - I was expecting the same incoherent person I saw on the early news clips . Again I think the numbness and haze of substance abuse is lifting a bit. I have to keep reminding myself that SY probably has had to protect her Mom all her life and hide things about MT that would get her into trouble and is still playing that role .

Being removed from your mother at age 6 has to have an impact. SY on some level is probably that same little girl who wants to protect her Mom, fears her Mom and wants her Mom to love her.

(I can hear SY responding to my assumptions above with - Your no psychiatrist and she would be right)

This is the thing that stands out to me. Shamikas kids all went to the same school. She said she picked up the boys every day for nearly a month and did not see Relisha. She assumed someone else had picked her up already.

When I picked my kids up for school, most of the parents were there a few minutes before the bell rang. Rarely was anyone late to get their child as it was frowned upon and just duh!!!

So she would have had to seen whomever this person was that was picking Relisha up from school. In 3 weeks time she would have run in to Relisha!!!

She never thought to try to find her child or find out who had her? Bull Crap!

Also equally frustrating is that not one person from the school thought to stop and talk to Shamika about Relisha's absences?!?!?!?! What kind of school is this?

I do think the school failed AS WELL as the shelter and Relisha's entire family.

That is why this case hurts me so much! This poor kid had not one person on her side.

http://wtvr.com/2014/03/26/amber-alert-fbi-reward-increases-to-70000-for-missing-girl/

From the article SBM -

"In early March, worried teachers had asked Relisha’s now tearful mother why she had never come back to school. Young insisted Relisha was simply home sick.
What was said to the school by the mother was that this person was a doctor, and that the doctor could verify the child was ill. But it turned out to be Khalil Tatum posing as a physician.
He assured the school that the child had been ill.
Social workers went to the shelter and figured out it was all a lie, and at that point, they panicked."

This is exactly what every single article reported from the beginning and what Chief Lanier explained in the LE timeline.

So, which is it, Shamika? Your current story and this one cannot both be true. I still believe every person involved in this case is a bold-faced liar - and I am being kind.

http://wtvr.com/2014/03/26/amber-alert-fbi-reward-increases-to-70000-for-missing-girl/

From the article SBM -

"In early March, worried teachers had asked Relisha’s now tearful mother why she had never come back to school. Young insisted Relisha was simply home sick.
What was said to the school by the mother was that this person was a doctor, and that the doctor could verify the child was ill. But it turned out to be Khalil Tatum posing as a physician.
He assured the school that the child had been ill.
Social workers went to the shelter and figured out it was all a lie, and at that point, they panicked."

This is exactly what every single article reported from the beginning and what Chief Lanier explained in the LE timeline.

So, which is it, Shamika? Your current story and this one cannot both be true. I still believe every person involved in this case is a bold-faced liar - and I am being kind.
Where did the news from the school and social workers come from? I am not seeing actual quotes so it isn't clear where the writer got the information. Did that come from LE? The story went from this to MY spoke to the school and gave them KT's info? I thought I heard MY say recently she did speak to the school about KT and RR being home sick.

I believe the social worker went to the shelter and found KT was only a janitor (when he left early), but I am not sure what to believe about the rest of it. Did MY really have RR because she had been sick?

This is the thing that stands out to me. Shamikas kids all went to the same school. She said she picked up the boys every day for nearly a month and did not see Relisha. She assumed someone else had picked her up already.

When I picked my kids up for school, most of the parents were there a few minutes before the bell rang. Rarely was anyone late to get their child as it was frowned upon and just duh!!!

So she would have had to seen whomever this person was that was picking Relisha up from school. In 3 weeks time she would have run in to Relisha!!!

She never thought to try to find her child or find out who had her? Bull Crap!

Also equally frustrating is that not one person from the school thought to stop and talk to Shamika about Relisha's absences?!?!?!?! What kind of school is this?

I do think the school failed AS WELL as the shelter and Relisha's entire family.

That is why this case hurts me so much! This poor kid had not one person on her side.

You being up an excellent point. I just woke up from a nightmare about Relisha, intermingled with my own little ones. Forgive me if my thoughts are convoluted.

At my girls' school, dismissal times vary by grade. My 5th grader is in class until 2:30pm. My 1st grader is in class until 2:20pm (the same for grades 1-4) and Kindergarten is out at 2:05p. The exception is "early day," one day a week, all grades are out at 1:05pm.

I'm wondering if Payne Elementary has a similar system? If so, there's no way for SY to have made the assumption she spoke of, and NOT seen her daughter (or a teacher, former teacher, or key administrator) in the process of picking up her boys, as she described.

Lastly, I am having a hard time reconciling the lack of receipt of a Report Card since 2013. Maybe things are just different way out West :dunno: but I have to sign that I reviewed and received them for both my girls, every trimester. It is mandated. Failure to do so leads to repercussions (Parent Teacher conference is high up on the list).

Unless there's major signature / documentation forgery going on, dating back to the registration of Relisha into Payne (this keeps going back to MTY in my mind), the only person who has the authority to handle such affairs is SY.

For example, I can add my own Mother to the Emergency Contact card to allow her to pick up my girls from school, but that does NOT allow her the legal authority to receive/sign for their report cards, handle doctor's notes, and address the reporting of excessive unexcused absences.

The only way that could occur is if we had shared joint legal custody.

I hope this makes sense, and if it doesn't, I apologize. I am :praying: to God that Relisha is found soon. It is torturous to only see her, fleetingly, in my nightmares, just out of reach.

She has many people on her side, IMV. What hurts so much is that none of us were there when she needed us, because she was so well hidden - underneath a tangled web of apparent multi-generational complacency and alleged deception and deceit. That's about as PC as I can manage at this hour.

:eek:fftobed:

#FindRelisha

Where did the news from the school and social workers come from? I am not seeing actual quotes so it isn't clear where the writer got the information. Did that come from LE? The story went from this to MY spoke to the school and gave them KT's info? I thought I heard MY say recently she did speak to the school about KT and RR being home sick.

I believe the social worker went to the shelter and found KT was only a janitor (when he left early), but I am not sure what to believe about the rest of it. Did MY really have RR because she had been sick?

Seriously, I sent your questions in an email to the writer of the article, Alix Bryan. Hopefully, we will get these answers soon. Every time I think I might have a handle on parts/players of this case, something else is reported that causes my theory to swirl down the drain again. :banghead:

Seriously, I sent your questions in an email to the writer of the article, Alix Bryan. Hopefully, we will get these answers soon. Every time I think I might have a handle on parts/players of this case, something else is reported that causes my theory to swirl down the drain again. :banghead:
This case needs a story board. It changes often because we are hearing different things daily and they come from different places. It is bizarre.

Listening to SY and MY's interviews have been confusing. One appears to make sense until the other one addresses the same topic and sends everything in a new direction.

After last night's radio show & reading the comments on the RRTF page, I feel like a ping pong ball. I'm beginning to think they are all in on it and the lies are calculated diversions to the mission. So sad to play with any life like this, especially your own 8 year old kin. :sigh:

.....so...what if Relisha *was* in Atlanta, but everyone returned without her for "some reason"? She could still be there.

Thank you. This is something I certainly think should be investigated. Ray Charles singling Georgia on my Mind has been playing in my head for several days now. KT certainly could have been lying, but then again, Georgia is a known hub for child trafficking.

Human trafficking is a multi-billion dollar industry in the United States, with hubs in Maryland, Georgia, Illinois, Texas and California.

http://www.ebony.com/news-views/relisha-rudd-and-the-horrors-of-human-304

Maryland and Georgia are two states definitely mentioned in this case. Where is Relisha? All the family's shenanigans are only adding to the confusion and distracting us from our ultimate goal of finding Relisha and bringing her back to a family that wants her, will love her and provide her with nurturing and bring her up to a smart young woman who can educate others in similar situations. Where is Relisha?

You being up an excellent point. I just woke up from a nightmare about Relisha, intermingled with my own little ones. Forgive me if my thoughts are convoluted.

At my girls' school, dismissal times vary by grade. My 5th grader is in class until 2:30pm. My 1st grader is in class until 2:20pm (the same for grades 1-4) and Kindergarten is out at 2:05p. The exception is "early day," one day a week, all grades are out at 1:05pm.

I'm wondering if Payne Elementary has a similar system? If so, there's no way for SY to have made the assumption she spoke of, and NOT seen her daughter (or a teacher, former teacher, or key administrator) in the process of picking up her boys, as she described.

Lastly, I am having a hard time reconciling the lack of receipt of a Report Card since 2013. Maybe things are just different way out West :dunno: but I have to sign that I reviewed and received them for both my girls, every trimester. It is mandated. Failure to do so leads to repercussions (Parent Teacher conference is high up on the list).

Unless there's major signature / documentation forgery going on, dating back to the registration of Relisha into Payne (this keeps going back to MTY in my mind), the only person who has the authority to handle such affairs is SY.

For example, I can add my own Mother to the Emergency Contact card to allow her to pick up my girls from school, but that does NOT allow her the legal authority to receive/sign for their report cards, handle doctor's notes, and address the reporting of excessive unexcused absences.

The only way that could occur is if we had shared joint legal custody.

I hope this makes sense, and if it doesn't, I apologize. I am :praying: to God that Relisha is found soon. It is torturous to only see her, fleetingly, in my nightmares, just out of reach.

She has many people on her side, IMV. What hurts so much is that none of us were there when she needed us, because she was so well hidden - underneath a tangled web of apparent multi-generational complacency and alleged deception and deceit. That's about as PC as I can manage at this hour.

:eek:fftobed:

#FindRelisha

kimi, ITA with your points regarding 'normal' parental responsibilities for any school interactions. Sadly, I witnessed a totally broken system in the Baltimore City Schools when I volunteered a couple years ago in a classroom with a teacher - who is a friend. These were 2nd and 3rd grade classes. Some children missed many days of school or came late often. Homework was usually not signed and/or returned to the teacher. Parents did not show up for conferences often. Sometimes grandparents, aunts/uncles showed up instead of a/the parents. The children moved around with relatives often. Phone numbers for the parents were often changed without notice to the school or totally disconnected.

My daughter did not attend public schools, so I was shocked to see the lack of parental involvement/concern for these children. My friend told me that the City Board of Ed was holding school principals responsible for attendance, so there was a reluctance on the part of the office admin. to report chronically absent students, so as not to call attention to problems within the school. Assaults on teachers were treated in a 'down-low' way, as well.

While I thoroughly enjoyed working with them, it was a heart-breaking experience to see so many children hungry for attention, concern and caring from a total stranger - and to see kids coming to school physically hungry and teachers loading up many backpacks on Fridays with food to help them get through the weekend. There are many Relishas (girls and boys) out there. :maddening:

Wish I knew why this child was singled out to be tossed from person to person. There are other children that are not missing. If this KT only wanted contact alone with this FEMALE child and nobody thought it was wrong, they are all crazy. I think SY was wrapped up in herself and just didn't really care. One less mouth to feed...! Now that her mug is in the news, she's trying to think of what just happened. What is the appropriate response to these questions, IF I was a real mother? is what I see. If she's been in a "fog", and is coming out of now, due to being in the public eye, she has no clue who or what had her child. Most of these characters know more and they all are afraid to say much because they're all guilty of something. just moo

So the SY's three boys have been placed in foster care? How can we be absolutely certain they were not placed with some of the family members? Surely the boys would not have been taken to MY!!! I hope they are with a foster parent who does not have to be woke up to prepare the boys breakfast.

Again, where is Relish??

kimi, ITA with your points regarding 'normal' parental responsibilities for any school interactions. Sadly, I witnessed a totally broken system in the Baltimore City Schools when I volunteered a couple years ago in a classroom with a teacher - who is a friend. These were 2nd and 3rd grade classes. Some children missed many days of school or came late often. Homework was usually not signed and/or returned to the teacher. Parents did not show up for conferences often. Sometimes grandparents, aunts/uncles showed up instead of a/the parents. The children moved around with relatives often. Phone numbers for the parents were often changed without notice to the school or totally disconnected.

My daughter did not attend public schools, so I was shocked to see the lack of parental involvement/concern for these children. My friend told me that the City Board of Ed was holding school principals responsible for attendance, so there was a reluctance on the part of the office admin. to report chronically absent students, so as not to call attention to problems within the school. Assaults on teachers were treated in a 'down-low' way, as well.

While I thoroughly enjoyed working with them, it was a heart-breaking experience to see so many children hungry for attention, concern and caring from a total stranger - and to see kids coming to school physically hungry and teachers loading up many backpacks on Fridays with food to help them get through the weekend. There are many Relishas (girls and boys) out there. :maddening:

I volunteered in Baltimore too! And this seems 100% accurate and plausible.

This is not Happyville USA, these are very mean cities. When I volunteered in Baltimore 99% of the women I dealt with had already had their children removed from their care or had them living with relatives. Granted I was working in a drug abuse clinic BUT all of our clients were local to the neighborhood.

Baltimore and SE DC are like two peas in a pod in that respect. I say that from first hand knowledge of both areas.

ETA: I now live in a very wealthy area with a few bad spots speckled here and there. My children are in public school. My daughter started getting a little chubby and I know we eat healthy at home so I was curious about her getting snacks at school. Then I found out that they give breakfast to everyone in the class every morning. My daughter was eating breakfast at home, and then breakfast at school. why? Because the school's breakfast is honey buns, and coffee cakes, and donuts, and all the most fattening, full or sugar and preservative crap that I don't allow my daughter to eat. She was going buckwild in there eating 2 cakes every morning.

I called the teacher and told her my daughter is not allowed to eat any of that anymore. She may only have a banana and milk and the kix or cheerios.

I asked the teacher why they provided breakfast and she told me I would be shocked to know that several children come to school starving every day, in that school, in a nice town, with working families. I asked her if there were kids in my daughters class specifically and she told me a sure 'yes'. It was something I had never even considered. I do live in a nice town. People here can get food stamps if they need them, and still children are starving. It breaks my heart.

Same here. I gave my son a bad haircut once :blushing: and there was alittle bald spot from the clippers and he woke up the next morning for school telling me his stomach hurt and he felt sick and I knew instantly it was because he was nervous about being made fun of at school.

He was like 'how did you know that Mom?'

I felt so guilty but we lived through it. A Mommy knows her baby!

Exactly! That's what I was getting at. We inherited a house from my husbands uncle and not too long after moving in my son started getting the itchies and sneezes. I said something isn't right. This just started happening. Once we got the air ducts cleaned everything was well but I sure did notice his symptoms and started putting two and two together. That's our responsibility as a mom.

I'm relistening now.

Did you all catch that SY said that she hadn't received a progress report for RR since 2013? WOW.

If MYT is a crackhead or on any other drug and Tatum came to her and offered her cash or drugs, or his connections, I have no doubt she would hand Relisha over in exchange.

I worked with addicts for over a year in a clinic. They have warped minds and they would steal $1 candy from a baby and try to return it to the store for a cash refund. She certainly looks the part. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

I would love to know why she lost custody of SY when she was 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member