Defense Witness List

Slightly OT here, but why would JB & team want to move forward with a speedy trial by April? Most murder trials don't happen until at least a year after indictments. How do they think they can prepare a proper defense? Did the perp admit something and they are rushing before remains are found? Or do they beleive the prosecution's case is weak? I am dumbfounded on this one.
<my bold>

Maybe a little of both.

Speedy trial obviously will mean less time for both sides to prepare for the case. Howver, the prosecution has the burden of truth. Trying this case without a body means they have a whole lot of extra ground to cover to secure a conviction. Therefore, I think the defense is definitely going to use the issue of "time" to it's advantage.

I'm starting to see why the prosecution wants the NG tapes.. perhaps to catch Kobe up. Because he sure did a lot of backtracking when he joined forces with the defense.

on the last few shows when he starts answer NG reminds him that "It is of record"....something tells me......jmo

ok it was Ben Levitan - also out of Raleigh, NC - that was on NG. I remembered the location but not the name :waitasec:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18033701/detail.html
Category "A"
---after
Larry E. Daniel
Dr. larry Kobilinsky
Dr. Henry Lee

---It says:
The Defense hereby incorporates the entire Stat's Witness
List by reference.

Doesn't that mean he is listing all witnesses on States List as witnesses/hostile witnesses.

Henry Lee??

PLEASE tell me this is a bad joke.:furious:

Posted By: CC81

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

defense posts witness list

Larry E. Daniel from Guardian Digital Forensics in Raleigh, North Carolina

Dr. Larry Kobilinsky from John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York City

Dr. Henry Lee from the University of New Haven, Connecticut

OMG, I'm sorry but this is laughable.

Six pallbearers. 3 easily discredited witnesses. 2 nails in the coffin each easily.

6 pallbearers. 6 nails. Anyone want to guess on how many minutes, hours, days the jury will be out?

Evil is as evil does.

Sorry. Long past my bedtime. 3:30 a.m. here. :(

IMO this defence team didn't watch any trials before. :D

Henry Lee??

PLEASE tell me this is a bad joke.:furious:
They will use the fact that he found something while inspecting the car as a means to discredit LE's investigation. It is easily countered but without question, they will try.

OMG, I'm sorry but this is laughable.

Six pallbearers. 3 easily discredited witnesses. 2 nails in the coffin each easily.

6 pallbearers. 6 nails. Anyone want to guess on how many minutes, hours, days the jury will be out?

Evil is as evil does.

Sorry. Long past my bedtime. 3:30 a.m. here. :(

Ok I have dibs on 3 to 6 hrs .. the jury will be out .. depends I guess on when they start.. this is why my hours are for 3hrs total.. could be a break for lunch.. lol :crazy:

They can also call NEWLY discovered witness DURING the trial, IMO. Need one of our legal minds here at WS to weigh in on this one, but I think that is right. The prosecution and/or defense are obligated to inform the other side ASAP, tho.

That's true LaLaw,

Both sides are under a continuing duty, per the rules of Criminal Procedure, to disclose matters open to discovery as they become known. The duty does not end because a ton of material has been provided on any specific date.
Failure to disclose can carry the sanction of exclusion of the witness or evidence.
However, if this trial went all "Perry Mason" on us and if there were a legitimate key witness who was discovered during the trial, whoa that would present interesting arguments.

Let's hypothesize that this witness saw Casey dispose of the body. Not having a cell phone in hand, the witness is frantic to drive to the nearest phone. Involved in a serious accident en route, the witness is airlifted, in a coma, and remains in that state until some time during the trial. It is half-way through the trial and the witness is fully awake and speaking. Based on the contacts with LE, from intensive care where the witness remains, the skeletal remains of Caylee are located, along with more physical evidence...
Since neither side could have known of these developments, and no one is at fault for failure to disclose crucial evidence...there will be long delays during which both sides are expanding their preparation for a trial in motion while defense reweighs the opportunities to plead.

This was a fictional example of how a key witness might appear during the trial as LALaw, stated. It is taken from nowhere except my coffee- deprived mind. :coffeecup: Cheers. My :coffee: and I will check the Rules again, though.:coffee::coffee::smiliecup:

Let's hypothesize that this witness saw Casey dispose of the body. Not having a cell phone in hand, the witness is frantic to drive to the nearest phone. Involved in a serious accident en route, the witness is airlifted, in a coma, and remains in that state until some time during the trial. It is half-way through the trial and the witness is fully awake and speaking. Based on the contacts with LE, from intensive care where the witness remains, the skeletal remains of Caylee are located, along with more physical evidence...

I think I saw this on As The World Turns. :crazy:

I find it interesting that Larry Daniel is a witness and not just a consultant. As a witness it means he has testimony that Baez feels can be used to discredit either the computer or cell phone searches, or interpretation of the results - such as the ping information. Computer and cell phone searches are pretty standard these days - the tools used are standard and pretty powerful. I did not see anything in the reports indicating LE was stretching the results to come to a conclusion.

They will use the fact that he found something while inspecting the car as a means to discredit LE's investigation. It is easily countered but without question, they will try.

For Lee to discredit, I think Lee would need to find a hidden trunk cam which held a video of somebody else putting somebody unknown and deceased into that trunk.

Remember how one of her friends (RyanP perhaps) said that JB called him was trying to see if he'd be a good witness for Casey? While I see that there are 3 expert witnesses on the list, I also see how none of her friends are on it. Not one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv
Back