Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't she banned from visiting the jail a while back for some infraction (smuggling something out?) or was that someone else? Or possibly was her but the ban has since been lifted--since it was quite a while ago.

JMO--I think she was banned (later lifted) about a year ago. The good thing is that the guards and Sheriff Joe are very aware of her.

JA is (supposedly) locked behind a steel door that has just one thin slot in it for her keeper to pass inmate kibbles through. Not sure how the kite thing would work, given that.

What I dearly hope is that JA stayed true to her convictions and blamed the other inmate for making the calls. It would be lovely if she shuffled, chained, into Perryville with a reputation for being a SNITCH. :D

:laugh: And Angela Simpson LOVES snitches

Wasn't she banned from visiting the jail a while back for some infraction (smuggling something out?) or was that someone else? Or possibly was her but the ban has since been lifted--since it was quite a while ago.

Yes but it was lifted.

JMO--I think she was banned (later lifted) about a year ago. The good thing is that the guards and Sheriff Joe are very aware of her.

Yep. They banned her because they are clearly aware of her shenanigans and only lifted it because they had to.

JA is (supposedly) locked behind a steel door that has just one thin slot in it for her keeper to pass inmate kibbles through. Not sure how the kite thing would work, given that.

What I dearly hope is that JA stayed true to her convictions and blamed the other inmate for making the calls. It would be lovely if she shuffled, chained, into Perryville with a reputation for being a SNITCH. :D

H4m they put it through the bottom of the door. I'm sure she was either caught sending the kite. Also even worse than being a snitch is being the one person who gets the "yard" locked down, phone calls then cease and visits stop for EVERYONE. They also get random shake downs because of ariass shenanigans. Prisoners hate the person who can't keep their mouth shut and the person responsible for making their lives heck. She will not be liked. If she thinks she can BUY prisoners she's mistaken she'll get a class a write up for running a store. She's made the number one mistake and that's go in with your head down and do your time.

I do not think that she could get beyond her feelings of domestic violence based on some of her own personal history...jurors are asked if they can put that aside...apparently she could not. I guess I don't know what is so hard to understand about that...it was up to the state to not have her on there. Just because you say and think you can put that aside does not mean you can...so many are attributing so many motives to j17...does anyone here really know her...I think the foreman got to know her and I don't at all hear him saying she came with an "agenda"...I hear him saying they had one person that could not come around to the majority thinking. Also there seems to be one that changed a couple of times...theywere not all on the same page until after a couple of days. According to the foreman they all deliberated...only at the end did she shut down and none of us really know what the conversations were that led to that shut down.

IA with the beginning of your post. IMO I think it's obvious that the mitigators she felt were critical indicate her past history with DV meant she was unable to or possibly even unwilling to view JA as someone eligible for the DP. In her eyes JA was a victim, and that took precedent over the aggrivators. The foreman states,
"the nurse explained how hard it is to cut someone's throat like that and it would take a lot of force. We asked #17 if she was clear on that, and what did she think now? She expressed to us she still felt mitigating factors #4, #5, #8 & #9 applied to JA. We asked what would it take for her to vote against death in a capital case? She responded, "this would, if not for the mitigating factors."

To me her response speaks to a "being a victim trumps everything else," mentality. However, IMO she looses sight of who the actual victim is, and IMO her comments convey the "he deserved it," narrative.

Again, IMO he didn't deserve it, and juan clearly demonstrated that, and therefore, the mitigators CAN NOT outweigh the mitigators.

Unfortunately we'll never know why Juan didn't strike her. It could have been a number of different scenarios that played out. He could have been out of strikes for instance. Also if I understand correctly, if both sides are at odds over a particular juror the judge then makes the determination. If true, JSS's track record against the state has been pretty apparent.

MOOOOOOOOOOOO

How in the world was she able to ask another inmate to make calls for her, given that she was (supposedly) in solitary 23/24? (Maybe using a videochat visitor as a go-between? )

:gaah: just goes to show how adept at gaming the system she has become. Hopefully the inmates at Perryville make her life miserable, b/c otherwise she'll fit right in given how advanced her scamming skills are SMH

I think the Sheriff should strip search all visitors on their way out from leaving Jodi's cell.

Let them visit her and let them think all is fine, then strip search the visitors on the way out leaving the place.

Then strip search Jodi and tear her cell room apart to look for anything not allowed.

Of course, JA may like the strip search so maybe that is not a good idea afterall. :)

BBM: Good one !

LOL ... can you imagine the Cougarlicious having to be stripped search :hilarious: !

And Nurmi and Jenny :hilarious: !

:cheers:

No phone calls or candy bars, oh my.

LOL! That's going to make her furious. The timing is really good, I predict a 42 day tantrum. Hopefully she'll still be hopping mad when plods her way into Perryville.

Under the current circumstances, I think they might need to strip search MDLR at entrance and again at exit. Just to be safe.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 4m4 minutes ago

Confirmed: No more video calls for #JodiArias. No phone, commissary, or visits. For rest of time at Estrella jail.

Oh, can you imagine how angry CMJA is now?:happydance:

I got so excited when I saw the Court Chatters post, that I had to come here to celebrate! I had NO PHONE, AND NO INTERNET during the sentencing! I sure missed you guys!! :grouphug:

LOL! That's going to make her furious. The timing is really good, I predict a 42 day tantrum. Hopefully she'll still be hopping mad when plods her way into Perrysville.

She Will be furious. The whole reason she wanted the sentencing delay is because perryville is no joke at all. She will be in complete isolation while she's classified no calls no visits. All her calls and visitors have to have a background check after paying fee. What she is looking at now is what the exact conditions wouldve been In reception at perryville

Aaron Murphy retweeted
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 19h19 hours ago

Was just told despite efforts to move up #JodiArias sentencing, it will remain where originally scheduled. April 13th.

Of the 10 video visitors Sheriff Joe banned, one is in the unholy trinity most responsible for JAII, so I took a quick look over there to see how she was coping.

Not a peep from her. But....the comments were more entertaining than usual.

One witless poster asked for help....." I have a postcard all ready to send her. Does the jail allow postcards to have stamps? "

LOL.

Under the current circumstances,

I think they might need to strip search MDLR at entrance and again at exit. Just to be safe.

:seeya: Yep ... oh, can you just imagine IF they would strip search the Cougarlicious :hilarious: !

:thinking: And IF they could do a strip search, maybe they can hide a GPS on her somewhere so they can follow her unethical activities ... lol !

ROFLMAO^ Kinda indicates the IQ level of the minions. That's hysterical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant