Drew Arrest Watch

I guess I wouldn't expect a child to believe his dad to be guilty of murder. Can't blame him, but these children will look at this later with a lot of questions, imo.

The saddest part is, imo, Joel Brodsky is behind that letter, as I think he has been many others.

FWIW There is a letter published on the Justice Cafe Blog, from Kathleen Savio’s brother Henry Savio with a portion of it directed towards Thomas.

It's a very sad but interesting read:

http://petersonstory.wordpress.com/...her-noticed-her-people-left-behind-mourn-her/

The saddest part is, imo, Joel Brodsky is behind that letter, as I think he has been many others.

FWIW There is a letter published on the Justice Cafe Blog, from Kathleen Savio’s brother Henry Savio with a portion of it directed towards Thomas.

It's a very sad but interesting read:

http://petersonstory.wordpress.com/...her-noticed-her-people-left-behind-mourn-her/

Thank you for posting this NoeticSoul. I do hope the eldest son reads his Uncles letter and takes it into consideration. It brought me to tears reading. What a one sided story of mind games and mental manipulation Drew has instilled on his children. I pray one day when they mature as adults, not just reach the legal age of adulthood their minds will grasp the reality and truth of this sad sad situation.

Excellent letter Uncle Henry! Thank you sooo much for sharing your part of the story. Prayers you are reunited with Kathleens children. My heart breaks for all you and your family have suffered.

Drew Peterson's son Thomas takes a stand

---snipped---

Chicago Sun-Times
Jan 15, 2011 08:53PM

" Sneed has learned Thomas Peterson, son of accused wife-murderer Drew Peterson — and of Kathleen Savio, the woman Peterson is accused of killing — is taking a legal stand in defense of his father.

In an impassioned letter sent to Sneed, Thomas Peterson wrote:

“My name is Thomas Peterson and I am now 18 years old, I am an adult, I can now make my own decisions, and nobody has the right to speak for me anymore.”
† Translation: Now that he is no longer a minor, Thomas, an honor student at Bolingbrook High School, has signed a document releasing his father from all financial claims arising from the death of his mother: specifically the wrongful death suit filed on his behalf by his aunt and grandfather."

more @ link

http://www.suntimes.com/3318603-417/peterson-savio-sneed-thomas-drew.html

So sad what these poor children are being put through...

What are the odds that he is simply terrified of his sperm donor? If he has seen the possible/probable bodies in DP's wake, has experienced the death of his own mother, involvement with Stacy before his mom's death, then dependency upon Stacy for his very life during childhood, and finally the heinous murder of Stacy for something as simple as 'standing up to DP's narcissistic roostering', he absolutely has every right to be scared out of his mind.

Maybe this statement is his way of distancing himself from his sperm donor without enraging him. Maybe he just wants to sleep well at night without fear of being the 'next' victim of DP's rage. I sure wouldn't want to bet that DP would NOT kill his own offspring if they injured his ego or didn't do his bidding. With a string of bodies like he has.......

ETA: I fully expect this to someday be a classic textbook case study for Alienation of Affection, along with childhood post-traumatic-stress syndrome. I will personally keep in mind that Kathleen's son is now only 18, even if HE thinks that makes him an adult, lol. If he is more fortunate than his mother who loved him, and his stepmother who took care of him, he may live long enough to see things with a more mature perspective.

Tom Peterson still named in wrongful death suit
via The Shorewood Patch

--snipped--

"The lawyer for the family of Drew Peterson's slain third wife likes his chances in the civil suit against the disgraced former Bolingbrook cop.

"We're pretty confident our breach of fiduciary duty count will now stand," said Arlington Heights Attorney Martin Glink following a brief appearance Thursday at the Joliet courthouse annex.

Not only that, but Glink says Peterson's third oldest son, Thomas Peterson, who turned 18 on Jan. 5, is still a part of the case. This despite a letter Thomas supposedly wrote claiming he wants out.

"I question seriously if that was due to some undue influence, unfortunately," Glink said of the letter Thomas supposedly wrote releasing his father from any financial responsibility resulting from the lawsuit brought by his mother's family.

"He might think that was his idea but that seems to be part of Mr. Peterson's repertoire," Glink said, echoing allegations made by prosecutors that Peterson is a master manipulator who, among others, pulled the strings of his much younger fourth wife, Stacy, a woman 30 years his junior."

more @ link

http://shorewood-il.patch.com/articles/savio-attorney-peterson-son-still-on-board

Cubby, OneLove.. I agree with you both. What a sad sad mess :( And I fear about to get even sadder for the children. My heart breaks for two sets of families without a mom, as well as children being "pitted' against adults. I hope DREW fries. Can I say that?!

And I hope Stacy's body is found BEFORE May.

WHERE IS STACY, Drew? Where did you drop her body from your plane?

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/new...rsay-evidence-televised-ottawa-court-20110214

Drew Peterson Hearing Will be Televised
Updated: Monday, 14 Feb 2011, 9:32 PM CST
Published : Monday, 14 Feb 2011, 9:17 PM CST

By Craig Wall, FOX Chicago News

Ottawa, Ill. - A critical hearing in the Drew Peterson murder case puts the former Bolingbrook Police sergeant back in the spotlight Wednesday before the 3rd District Appellate Court in Ottawa.

He will not be there, but in an unusual move television cameras will be, as the court has granted approval for a pool camera to record the proceedings.

*snip*

Defense attorneys contend that law (hearsay) is not valid and will argue on Wednesday that none of the hearsay testimony should be allowed during Peterson's trial. That would, according to Peterson's attorneys and other outside legal observers, gut the prosecution's case.

*snip*

The three judge appellate panel will hear oral arguments on Wednesday and then issue a ruling at a later date. Regardless of the outcome, the losing side is expected to appeal to the state's highest court, and from there it could go to the U.S. Supreme Court. Peterson remains in the Will County jail.

I bet he feels really important that there has been a law named after him, the scum bag.

Interestingly.. Brodsky won't be speaking today:

"Although the ruling was sealed, the proceedings will be open to the public. Third District Appellate Court clerk, Gist Fleshman has stated that, “the attorneys should avoid discussing in detail anything that is sealed.” It will be interesting to see how that works.

Somewhat to our surprise, ever media-hungry Joel Brodsky will not be presenting arguments for the defense at the proceedings. Fellow Peterson defense team member, Steve Greenberg, will be speaking."

http://petersonstory.wordpress.com/...be-argued-next-week-whats-at-stake/#more-6558

Some interesting court docs pertaining to today's hearing as well.

I just read an interesting article from Susan Murphy Milano and thought I'd share.

Drew Peterson: Statement of Facts versus Hearsay Law

(snipped)

"What is troubling to me, the attorney Harry A. Smith who represented Kathleen Savio during the divorce and then later met with Stacy Peterson for a divorce consultation just a few days prior to her disappearance. As an officer of the court wouldn't his statement of facts also be entered on the record, for both women?

Kathleen Savio sought every legal remedy in her situation. From begging the State's Attorney's office to help her-to going to court for an order of protection. This process included Kathleen going before a judge swear to the facts that he was trying to kill her, in a court of law where she was ultimately granted an order of protection. Does this also not go to Kathleen speaking in her own words as admissible fact during the trial? "

more @ link

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2011/02/drew-peterson-statement-of-facts-versus.html

I REALLY hope all goes well tomorrow and this case can finally more forward.

I hope so, too, but it sounds like there will be appeals and more appeals no matter which side comes out on top. This is going to take a long time, imo, but I am glad that he is sitting in jail having to wait this all out. Good place for him.

Getting my chores done so I can watch the hearing today at 1pm central time.

I was under the impression that the hearing would be taped and shown later?

I was under the impression that the hearing would be taped and shown later?

No, I saw on the news this morning (am local) that it will be live. I have to run to a dental appointment in a few minutes...grrrr.....figures!...but you should be able to view it live at the following url at 1PM central.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/

No, I saw on the news this morning (am local) that it will be live. I have to run to a dental appointment in a few minutes...grrrr.....figures!...but you should be able to view it live at the following url at 1PM central.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/

this link brought me to the article. Is there a place to click for "live coverage". TIA.

ETA: Never mind. I just saw "Central" time. I'm in Eastern time.

Is DP there?
Can't watch, grandson here, ill........flu......watching cartoons......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back