Drew Arrest Watch

I've been really curious about the state's motion for the judge to recuse himself. Is the defense giving us a hint?

Abood says there are several criteria required in order to satisfy the substitution motion filed by the State's Attorney. He says case law suggests that the mere assertion of prejudice against the State is all that is required and then the burden shifts to the Defendant opposing the Motion to establish that the Motion was made for some improper purpose.

"The State's Attorney will not be able to show, or establish, actual prejudice on the part of Judge Schoenstedt, or that there was a previous relationship between Drew Peterson and the Judge. Both claims are wholly without merit," says Abood.
http://www.prnewschannel.com/absolutenm/templates/?a=1404&z=4

I don't think I've ever heard of a case where the judge was prejudiced against the state before.:waitasec: Could he have presided in cases where Drew Peterson was involved before?

I don't think I've ever heard of a case where the judge was prejudiced against the state before.:waitasec: Could he have presided in cases where Drew Peterson was involved before?

Along with the recent action of the Grand Jury meeting this Tuesday to complete its investigation, rather that waiting until the normal meeting day of Thursday, could this all be a stalling act to get the second indictment ahead of the bond reduction hearing? If that's the case, the second indictment would likely come within hours of the hearing, giving the defense no time to react. (Good move in my opinion, if that's the case) JMO

I don't know but I would think it would be more of a relationship than that. Like maybe DrewP and the judge had something going on outside of the court. DrewP doing favors for the judge or something like that.

I don't know but I would think it would be more of a relationship than that. Like maybe DrewP and the judge had something going on outside of the court. DrewP doing favors for the judge or something like that.
OK. Thanks for the clarification.
Shouldn't the judge have recused himself, then? This whole part of the case smells a little fishy to me.

A female body was just pulled from the DesPlaines River near Channahon that was badly decomposed. All that has been released is that it was a young female - the location is not far from where both Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic disappeared. State police have been notified of the discovery and are on location.

Just reported on Local News Channel 5 NBC - a woman's body has been found in the Des Plaines River - no further information given. I'll find a link and keep u informed.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...iver-body-recovery-illinois-state-police.html

"We've been called," said Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for the family of Stacy Peterson, who disappeared from Bolingbrook in October 2007. "We're in contact by phone. We're just waiting to hear more information. For confirmation though, they said it's going to be a little bit of time. Obviously we're anticipating that it could be anyone - you know, Lisa Stebic is missing too -- but we just want an answer of who this woman is."

A plastic blue barrel was spotted in the vicinity of the body. Channahon resident Michelle Williams told WGN Radio host John Williams this morning that she and her husband saw the barrel in heavy brush on the riverbank on Sunday and she saw it again on Tuesday.

The significance of a blue barrel is that Drew Peterson's stepbrother, Thomas Morphey, has said that he helped Peterson remove a blue container from Peterson's home on the day that Stacy disappeared, and that he believed Stacy's body was inside it.

But others familiar with the river said blue barrels there are a common sight. Paul Dareak, a bartender at Mugzy's, said he sees them all the time and that some people throw them in as a joke, knowing that the possible connection to Stacy Peterson's disappearance. A group searching for Stacy Peterson last year pulled out more than 20 from the water, he said

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...iver-body-recovery-illinois-state-police.html

Police Chief: Peterson's Actions Obstructed Official Investigation
Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills, IL Patch

Peterson's son did not disclose he was in possession of his father's weapons while State Police executed a search warrant on Drew Peterson's home following the disappearance of Stacy Peterson.

(snipped)

"Oak Brook Police Chief Thomas Sheahan testified Thursday night that he believed Officer Stephen Peterson held back crucial evidence while the Illinois State Police were trying to find his missing stepmother, Stacy Peterson. Stephen Peterson is the son of Drew Peterson, currently in prison on charges that he murdered his wife Kathleen Savio in 2004.

The hearing was held to determine whether Stephen Peterson, 31, should be dismissed from the department. Prosecutors are accusing Stephen Peterson of deliberately hiding three of his father's firearms while state police searched Drew Peterson's home in October of 2007.

"[Stephen Peterson] understands that a weapon could have been used in a crime against his young mother. He also understands that within the three weapons there could be fingerprints, DNA, fiber," said Sheahan."

more @ link

http://hinsdale.patch.com/articles/police-chief-petersons-actions-obstructed-official-investigation

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2010/12/10/report-peterson-wants-his-ashes-made-into-diamonds/

Report: Peterson Wants His Ashes Made Into Diamonds

December 10, 2010 8:45 AM

*snip*

(WBBM) - Drew Peterson remains jailed as he awaits trial for the murder of third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Chicago Sun-Times columnist Michael Sneed reports Peterson is telling friends he’s confident he’ll be acquitted and he’s interested in taking a security job at a Nevada brothel once he’s freed.

Peterson also reportedly has drawn up a will that directs his family to cremate him and have his ashes processed into industrial diamonds for his children.

*snip*

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2010/12/10/report-peterson-wants-his-ashes-made-into-diamonds/

*snip*

(WBBM) - Drew Peterson remains jailed as he awaits trial for the murder of third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Chicago Sun-Times columnist Michael Sneed reports Peterson is telling friends he’s confident he’ll be acquitted and he’s interested in taking a security job at a Nevada brothel once he’s freed.

Peterson also reportedly has drawn up a will that directs his family to cremate him and have his ashes processed into industrial diamonds for his children.*snip*

*puke* Hopefully, his kids will grow up to feel great shame at what trash their sperm donor was. Maybe those INDUSTRIAL diamonds will end up crushed into dust for industrial use. We can only hope.

What a flashing neon sign this is for a sociopathic narcissist.

No doubt OLG, that statement right there---personifies his personality disorder(s)

Plain as the nose on his face.

More of Drew to keep him in the news.

Dreadful person that deserves all he will receive.

Goz

Police Chief: Peterson's Actions Obstructed Official Investigation
Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills, IL Patch

Peterson's son did not disclose he was in possession of his father's weapons while State Police executed a search warrant on Drew Peterson's home following the disappearance of Stacy Peterson.

(snipped)

"Oak Brook Police Chief Thomas Sheahan testified Thursday night that he believed Officer Stephen Peterson held back crucial evidence while the Illinois State Police were trying to find his missing stepmother, Stacy Peterson. Stephen Peterson is the son of Drew Peterson, currently in prison on charges that he murdered his wife Kathleen Savio in 2004.

The hearing was held to determine whether Stephen Peterson, 31, should be dismissed from the department. Prosecutors are accusing Stephen Peterson of deliberately hiding three of his father's firearms while state police searched Drew Peterson's home in October of 2007.

"[Stephen Peterson] understands that a weapon could have been used in a crime against his young mother. He also understands that within the three weapons there could be fingerprints, DNA, fiber," said Sheahan."

more @ link

http://hinsdale.patch.com/articles/police-chief-petersons-actions-obstructed-official-investigation

did anymore happen to SP???
Industrial diamond for DP ........he doesn't even deserve a proper burial after what he has done.......where s Stacy??? huh, DREW!

*snip*

Peterson also reportedly has drawn up a will that directs his family to cremate him and have his ashes processed into industrial diamonds for his children.

*snip*
Humph ...... well it can't happen soon enough for me. This is one wish I hope comes true in record time.

BTW I snipped your snip....... hope you don't mind.

did anymore happen to SP???
Industrial diamond for DP ........he doesn't even deserve a proper burial after what he has done.......where s Stacy??? huh, DREW!

Not much yet.. unfortunately.

Police Panel Puts Off Peterson Problem

Oak Brook's Fire and Police Board has decided to wait 23 before deciding whether or not to fire Drew Peterson's cop son.

---snipped---

"No matter how it shakes out for disgraced Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson's embattled Oak Brook cop son, the young man is going to get another 23 days pay.

Suspended with pay since August while Oak Brook Police Chief Thomas Sheahan has tried to have him fired, Patrol Officer Stephen Peterson gets to wait another three weeks and two days to find out if he'll have a job anymore."

more @ link

http://shorewood-il.patch.com/articles/police-panel-puts-off-peterson-problem

Drew Peterson's son Thomas takes a stand

---snipped---

Chicago Sun-Times
Jan 15, 2011 08:53PM

" Sneed has learned Thomas Peterson, son of accused wife-murderer Drew Peterson — and of Kathleen Savio, the woman Peterson is accused of killing — is taking a legal stand in defense of his father.

In an impassioned letter sent to Sneed, Thomas Peterson wrote:

“My name is Thomas Peterson and I am now 18 years old, I am an adult, I can now make my own decisions, and nobody has the right to speak for me anymore.”

† Translation: Now that he is no longer a minor, Thomas, an honor student at Bolingbrook High School, has signed a document releasing his father from all financial claims arising from the death of his mother: specifically the wrongful death suit filed on his behalf by his aunt and grandfather."

more @ link

http://www.suntimes.com/3318603-417/peterson-savio-sneed-thomas-drew.html

So sad what these poor children are being put through...

I guess I wouldn't expect a child to believe his dad to be guilty of murder. Can't blame him, but these children will look at this later with a lot of questions, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back