Drew Peterson's Trial *SECOND WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they should come up with a new definition for someone who killed 2 wives
Those are called "spousal killers!" ;)

Definition: people who kill one or more of their current or ex spouses.

In this category you'll find men such as: Drew Peterson, OJ Simpson, Robert Blake, Scott Peterson, Michael Peterson, and Jason Young.

I don't think it was an aversion to the bed, whatsoever. They each liked each other many years prior to getting together. Tons of people have sex all over their homes and in other places. It's not a sign there is no intimacy in their relationship. In fact, it could be the opposite. They may have had sex in the bedroom too, after their little romps in the house, maybe even in the same night. There is nothing wrong with that and more power to them!! In fact, many couples who have a terrific sex life stay together for eternity.

The difference here, is that we have had to hear about it in a court of law, which is disgusting and degrading to Kathleen's memory. There was NO purpose for that particular testimony, none! :banghead:

EWWWW warning: DP was probably the worst person in the sack, I don't blame Kathleen for having a little fun with her boyfriend!

Another note, maybe her boyfriend was SO distraught over Kathleen's death, he could never be in another serious relationship. He held a torch for Kathleen for many years. I do not find it weird that he hasn't married, sounds like she was the love of his life. I admire him, and feel sorry for his guilt and pain. This must be horrible for him to relive.

JMO

I know that peeps have sex all over the place. But I'm looking at the whole picture, the overall tone of their relationship. Based on the little we've heard, on two separate dates they went home and he admits to being three sheets to the wind and, before they cuddle or anything, he zooms
(I heard that on WS) her on the livingroom floor.
I don't know, maybe she didn't like to get the sheets dirty or something but, to me, it sounds like a strange pattern.

Like I said in my post, other than I want more for all women, it doesn't matter much to the case which is to decide whether or not DP killed his ex-wife prior to having to divide their assets.
It does provide evidence that DP knew how to pick vulnerable women though.

Even though I understand the point of your post, I don't agree that was the case here because the boyfriend refused to respond to her emotional needs when Kathleen needed him. If you're zooming me, you're going to listen to me too and give me what I need from you too.
Just saying.

Those are called "spousal killers!" ;)

Definition: people who kill one or more of their current or ex spouses.

In this category you'll find men such as: Drew Peterson, OJ Simpson, Robert Blake, Scott Peterson, Michael Peterson, and Jason Young.

BBM:

:seeya: So this would make DP a "double spousal killer" ... 2 time spousal killer ...

:cheers:

That was my thought too..........Stacy has been disappeared in a manner that would never result in identification. She may have been cremated, or somehow reduced to nothing.

I remember that at the time of her disappearance there was a lot of discussion on what DP may have done with her remains.

Someone who lived in Will County suggested that he might have buried her remains under a state highway project that was being done at that time. She would be under pavement.

That happened here where I live. Some 30 years ago a young boy disappeared and was never found. His presumed killer died in prison for another crime and on his death bed confessed to killing the boy and gave directions to where he could be found. Police dug up a freeway on-ramp in an effort to find the remains, and concluded the boy is actually somewhere under the freeway pavement, not the on-ramp.

DP went off on that three day "heading clearing" trip on his motorcycle. I think the purpose of that trip was to permanently dispose of Stacy's remains.

I've always wondered if she was in a very deep area of Lake Michigan?

OMG, waaaaay back when this case was fresh I was absolutely convinced Drew had somehow had Stacey cremated. My way of thinking then was that he couldn't have made a bonfire and burned her up (but...might get noticed/ caught with a fire) then I googled and found out it takes a very high temp for a body to be cremated and reduced to ashes. It COULD be done as a bonfire but it would have to be an intensely hot fire, would take hours and hours, etc. I even went so far as to call a funeral director I knew and asked what the chances were that a cop could talk someone into cremating a body in their crematorium, say if he had info on a funeral director he could use against him and blackmailed him into burning Stacey's body "off the books", so to speak. He said its highly regulated and not likely but not impossible.
So its still niggling there in the back of my mind, if he had a 'professional' cremate her to get rid of her body.

Who knows? I am pretty sure DP will NEVER tell what he did with Stacey's body, even if he gets 60 years for killing Kathleen.

All JMO

I agree Drew cannot hurt anyone in LE. Oh sure he can posture and bluff, but have real power? No way. First, no one would take him seriously. He's a lying liar who lies. He's a multiple murderer. Everyone knows this. He has no leverage. No cop wants to have his name and reputation tied to DP going forward. I mean for what? How many of his former cop buddies visit him in jail? (I bet none).

I think it's an emo fantasy that Drew holds anything more than a lot of hot air and methane gas in his bowels. The best he's got is his passive/aggressive pranks. He's all hat and no cattle. If you are married to DP then yes, your life is in danger. Otherwise? meh. Yes, he hopes people will fall for his big bad games but he is a nobody/nothing and the police departments of Bollingbrook and everywhere else will see him as the cowardly bully outcast he is, IMO.

ITA and, seriously, :goodpost:

abbie

There's always an exception to anything highly regulated, but this case was awful. I was living in Atlanta at the time and jaws were dropping and dinners were lost with every newcast. http://crime.about.com/od/news/a/marsh041116.htm

I just hope the jury sees through all the DT crapola. For all the interviews they're giving, I'd love to ask them how many times the "everyone-is-lying-but-my-client" defense actually works.

IS originally said they would air the Hemy Neuman trial after the verdict on the DP trial.

However, I think they changed their mind when they realized that there would be no trial on Mondays which is 20% of their air time. Also, the trial is going at such a glacial pace (think objections, side-bars, proffers of evidence, hunting for documents, constant breaks, Pop Tart jury).

I mean, how much can they keep rehashing???

I was annoyed at first, but once I thought about it, it made sense to me.

At least they aren't covering two live trials at the same time like they did last year. They can switch coverage anytime they need to.

Unless they changed their minds, last week they said the Hemy Newman trial would be shown in the mornings on IS (including Mondays, I assume, since its the IL courtroom that isn't doing the Peterson case on Mondays) and then from 1-3 everyday will have 2 hours of recap of Drew's trial. I HATE that plan! But...it is what it is.

Tea and Orange juice sound like a morning thing. Which leaves me to wonder about the time of death being in the am when drewP had gone out for donuts. He'd plant the wine to make it appear as if she died in the evening prior to going to bed rather than in the am after fixing her morning tea and orange juice.

just thinking outloud....

Weren't these comments made when they were questioning Steve about his bath times with Kathleen? :waitasec:

Until I see something re the wine glass, I am thinking that tails are being chased on that. Are there any pieces of evidence that even state that...otherise,it is on my :ignore: list for now as to consider other than a lie to someone.

A woman DP was having an affair with testified that he told her that. I don't know if it's come up in the trial or if it will come up.

:goodpost:

I had about three posts open, but you stated gently what I wanted to shout out and would have perhaps not been as soft in my reply. Also, reading how some here that thought that that kind of sex showed lack of intimicy :headbang: it reminded how I just read last week on another thread how defense folks look at these forums...and yep...they have now confirmed that this is how folks think of that .... :headbang: and of course MOO

Wait, in my post, I said I don't consider it as evidence that will help DP.
I just thought it was icky that the defense outed the information as, you're right, they're trying to make the bf sound bad.
The aspect of the defense's effort didn't work for me as to convince me that he must have hurt Kathleen - no.

People need not to have knee jerk reactions and think about what's being said - the whole message.

Interesting, I've only briefly read some of the comments on this trial but saw a commentary by Jeanie Pirro last night and wow it was scorching about the judge in this case.

I saw Fran had posted the video of the commentary but not sure if this ones been seen.

Bad blood in Drew Peterson trial?
Judge Jeanine Pirro uncovers a bombshell

Judge Burmila in this case was the district attorney in 1992 when he was beat by the prosecutor Glasgow in an election and replaced Burmila as district attorney.

[ame=http://video.foxnews.com/v/1771286971001/bad-blood-in-drew-peterson-trial]video link[/ame]

No wonder things are going the way I've seen...click on the words "video link" in the video box,

Excellent point! I'm sure there's a few Bolingbrook police officers that have been on the job long enough to have gotten to know DP well enough and might have some idea what he did with Stacy.

My gut feeling is that Stacy isn't anywhere that could easily be found. I would bet her remains are a long way from Bolingbrook.

I'm curious as to the terrain surrounding the Bolingbrook and surrounding area. Are there any sink holes, mines, any land anomalies that would enable one to dispose of a body that would render it irretrievable. Sounds dumb and I probably watch too many movies and read too much, but I was thinking about the book The Lovely Bones and the safe in the sinkhole scenario.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I'm curious as to the terrain surrounding the Bolingbrook and surrounding area. Are there any sink holes, mines, any land anomalies that would enable one to dispose of a body that would render it irretrievable. Sounds dumb and I probably watch too many movies and read too much, but I was thinking about the book The Lovely Bones and the safe in the sinkhole scenario.

I doubt if she is anywhere near there. DP took off for three days....(to clear his head) after Stacy went missing. Now what other husband with a missing wife would be able to do that and get away with it. jmo

Josh Powell??

In fact- he packed up and moved out of state!!! (In the early days following his wife, Susan's, disappearance.)

I doubt if she is anywhere near there. DP took off for three days....(to clear his head) after Stacy went missing. Now what other husband with a missing wife would be able to do that and get away with it. jmo

Then DP had an even wider range to roam. Did they check pings on his mobile to see what direction he headed in? He most definitely is a slippery snake.

I am curious about that too. I wonder if the police ever did a cell phone tower investigation to see if and where DP's cell pinged during those 3 days he was gone. And did anyone "at home" speak to him while he was gone? I am sure someone was with his children while he took off to "clear his head", what does THAT person have to say about those 3 days? Like, did Drew call to check on the kids, did the kids say anything about Stacey and the fact that she was -gone-????
At any rate, I think SP will never be found.

These statements, to more than 1 wife (to #2 and #3) that he could kill them and make it look like an accident- gee, that's a familiar refrain, hope the state gets that in, somehow.

:peace: abbie

LOL sfnelson, GMTA.

I am normally a mellow non-violent individual, but everytime I see this man smirking on TV I have this horrible urge to smack him and smack the cigar out of his attorney's mouth. I just find both of their behavior very disgusting. Whether DP did it or not, the gross disrespect that they have shown to Kathleen and her family is outright sickening to me.
Sfnelson67

with the blue barrel? He subsequently tried to kill himself and was hospitalized. DP and his lawyers chalked him up to just being crazy, but I think that he even if he has/had some issues, this was alone enough to throw anyone over the edge. I think that had they driven very far with that barrel that he would have known it. So....yes, I subscribe to the blue barrel theory AND I have a gut feeling that he put it in some water somewhere in IL--south or west or his home.

some place and was relocating it, I doubt that he was away on his motor cycle taking care of it....he already had put her with a lot of concrete in the water never to be found....MOO......

Adding, who was taking care of the four children when he "was clearing his head"?! Isn't that time for him to be present with his scared and grieving babies?! What in the world?

with the blue barrel? He subsequently tried to kill himself and was hospitalized. DP and his lawyers chalked him up to just being crazy, but I think that he even if he has/had some issues, this was alone enough to throw anyone over the edge. I think that had they driven very far with that barrel that he would have known it. So....yes, I subscribe to the blue barrel theory AND I have a gut feeling that he put it in some water somewhere in IL--south or west or his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingi