Evidence #2

thank you for posting offroad..

...i can't imagine what it would be like to read a forum such as this one, when you are personally involved in knowing the victim.....and being a friend ,or acquaintance, of raven's as well.......

...i only know what i've read here regarding janet, and i know she's just the person i'd love to have as my next door neighbour........

...my heart goes out to you, having lost her at such a young age, all we can do now is keep her memory alive, and do all that we can to see that she has justice, and i know this forum is committed to just that..

...thankyou for sharing with us, take care.

Welcome Off-Road. A few questions, if you feel you can answer, and I understand if you don't want to answer. Do you think most people that know Janet & Raven believe he did or didn't do it? Has anyone thought of holding a vigil of some sort for her? Have any of them contacted LE to see if there is any news? What were the thoughts of the friends regarding his embezzlement, that to me is a very dark side.

I was also wondering if Raven is innocent, why him or any of his family members don't contact LE asking daily, weekly or heck, monthly for information or put up a website LOOKING for the Killer.

It seems that he's going on with his life as if nothing happened. Crocodile tears only go so far, when he sees someone or talks with someone he knows, but I don't see him doing anything to try to help the LE find the killer either. He seems to have lots of time to play.

OffRoad said:
I would like to post this, however, although I have been following this case here since my friend Janet's death, I have been relucant to post as I do not want to be recognized. Among the group of Janet's true friends, noone really wants to believe that Raven is capable of this. Although all signs do point to him, we just DON'T want to believe it.

I can confirm that Raven had affairs. Even while they were dating, Raven was never certian about the relationship. He was never all that reluctant to cheat, although he always returned to Janet, apologetic and revitalized. I think he always struggled between what he thought was right ( living a rightous church lifestyle) and what his soul told him he wanted.

Janet was one of the prettiest girls in school...always with the most incredible body, and always down for a game of skins (when we were actually able to take off the shirts and forget the heat). She was wonderful, beautiful and amazing. I think he always loved how "perfect" she was, it really fit his mold. However, all of us married folk know that no one is perfect when you live with them 24/7.

Raven, although a wonderful person to be around, has alway had a dark side. A side searching for answers and "soul".

He has had affairs, and questions about the relationship, long before he married Janet. I love Raven, and truly hope he is innocent of this.
For Kaiden's sake, I think we all hope this!

OffRoad said:
Janet was one of the prettiest girls in school...always with the most incredible body, and always down for a game of skins (when we were actually able to take off the shirts and forget the heat). She was wonderful, beautiful and amazing. I think he always loved how "perfect" she was, it really fit his mold. However, all of us married folk know that no one is perfect when you live with them 24/7. .

OffRoad, first welcome to WS!

I have a question. What is a game of skins? I'm familar with skins as a game played while golfing, although there are no shirts taken off.

hmmm I'd consider paying to watch Sergio play without his shirt . . . .

golfmom said:
OffRoad, first welcome to WS!

I have a question. What is a game of skins? I'm familar with skins as a game played while golfing, although there are no shirts taken off.

hmmm I'd consider paying to watch Sergio play without his shirt . . . .
..........i know here in canada, we play "shirts and skins" quite often, ( basketball, soccer, etc...) one team keeps their shirt on, the other not.........to differentiate between the two when there is not a uniform involved..

lauriej said:
..........i know here in canada, we play "shirts and skins" quite often, ( basketball, soccer, etc...) one team keeps their shirt on, the other not.........to differentiate between the two when there is not a uniform involved..

Thanks Lauriej! I'm still noodling the idea of Sergio playing golf without his shirt on .... :D

golfmom said:
Thanks Lauriej! I'm still noodling the idea of Sergio playing golf without his shirt on .... :D
...yep...agreed on that...........( there's a few hockey players i wouldn't mind see playing shirtless either................brrrr...)

I've been thinking about the fatal stab wound--the one to the artery and lung at the base of the neck. So, I asked my husband--a medical student (take it or leave it guys)--if a wound there would spurt (forceful expulsion) or ooze. And he said that he thinks that it would probably spurt. And he also said that he thinks that it would be more than likely that the perp would have gotten blood on his/herself. So, where are Raven's clothes from that night? And wasn't there some blood stains on the wall in the room where Janet was found? I can't remember, so I will go look now.

Jenifred said:
I've been thinking about the fatal stab wound--the one to the artery and lung at the base of the neck. So, I asked my husband--a medical student (take it or leave it guys)--if a wound there would spurt (forceful expulsion) or ooze. And he said that he thinks that it would probably spurt. And he also said that he thinks that it would be more than likely that the perp would have gotten blood on his/herself. So, where are Raven's clothes from that night? And wasn't there some blood stains on the wall in the room where Janet was found? I can't remember, so I will go look now.
When the knife was removed spurting and then oozing would occur....the perp would have a hard time not to get blood on themselves, imo. I don't recall reading "blood spray" was on the walls or other items but more like smears but I'll have to re read to refresh the old memory.

From the link Police search for murder clues in e-mail

They also confiscated trace evidence from 25-year-old Janet Abaroa's hands as well as the clothing her husband was wearing at the time.

chicoliving said:
They also confiscated trace evidence from 25-year-old Janet Abaroa's hands as well as the clothing her husband was wearing at the time.
At the time LE arrived at the house; not necessarily what he was wearing at the time that she was being murdered.

Yes, it says in the warrant that there was a "large amount of blood near the body, there was stains on the walls of the bedroom, and there was blood stains near the side door of the residence." http://www.wral.com/slideshow/4444879/detail.html?qs=;s=4;w=800

Next thing--the report in the News Observer said that Janet was found in the kneeling position, but in the warrant it says that WL Early saw her on her back. But I'm thinking from the above statement, that maybe she was moved. Is is possible that Raven (or another officer) did find her on her knees and then moved her to her back (maybe while he was attempting to revive her or to get a better look at what had happened)? And it looks as if there were multiple blood stains on the wall.

Hmmmm..........

Jenifred said:
Like chicoliving said, it sounds as if the blood on the walls were smears and the majority of blood was under the body. But a lot depends on the position she was in. We first heard that she was on her back, then we heard that she was curled up in a fetal position, and now we hear that she was kneeling. If she was indeed kneeling after rolling over from the attack, that would explain the lack of blood on the walls, (if we're reading the reports of the blood correctly).

Folks--take a look at this page, maybe nothing big, but it jumped out at me while I was looking again at the warrant.

http://www.wral.com/slideshow/4444879/detail.html?qs=;s=10;w=800

There was a swabbing and control taken from the floor in the Master bathroom. Never noticed that before. Maybe someone was cleaning up?

(The link also shows swabbings taken from the computer desk and walls.)

Previously Rooster posted:

Rooster
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmom
Rooster are you saying that they had no land line? I could understand that under the financial conditions.

But, Raven would need to have blood on his clothes and shoes to track it through to the durango ... was Raven also the one who tracked the blood through the house as well? Did he in fact try to revive Janet? If he did, how could he mistake it for a gunshot wound? How could he just tell the police that his wife was injured only?

ROOSTER: He tried... . I have never seen a stab wound or a gunshot wound. I don't think I could tell you the difference. I guess that's what it looked like to him.

He said she was hurt. And she was.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=triangle&id=3361221

The autopsy report reveals the 25-year-old was stabbed in the neck and chest. Her right middle finger had also been cut.
She was found in a kneeling position inside her Ferrand Drive home on April 26th. Her six month old son was in another room, but unharmed.

So my question is, HOW did he try to revive her and she remain in the kneeling position?

On the surface this story supposedly from Raven doesn't agree with what is being published in the media at this time.

And with the wounds that have now been described, how in the hell can that be mistaken for a gunshot???

JerseyGirl said:
And with the wounds that have now been described, how in the hell can that be mistaken for a gunshot???

And what about him saying she had been "hurt" ... if he found her dead on her knees, why would he say she had been "hurt"

Jenifred said:
Folks--take a look at this page, maybe nothing big, but it jumped out at me while I was looking again at the warrant.

http://www.wral.com/slideshow/4444879/detail.html?qs=;s=10;w=800

There was a swabbing and control taken from the floor in the Master bathroom. Never noticed that before. Maybe someone was cleaning up?

(The link also shows swabbings taken from the computer desk and walls.)
Holy cow JF - that might be a huge find!

Jenifred said:
I think we discussed this briefly but without additional information from LE, it was hard to know exactly what it could mean. Was the swabbing blood? Had Raven provided DNA? Had the drains been searched? I hope that all of the information will start to fit together soon.

On the original search warrant, in the text written by the first detective on the scene, W. L. Early, he writes the following:

"....I observed in an upstairs bedroom, the body of a white female laying on her back, with what appeared to be a stab wound to her chest...."

Now we know this was a bedroom being used as an office. But I would find it hard to believe that this first investigator would say "laying on her back," if in fact she was in a kneeling position. That said, is the difference just in semantics? Who knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn
Back