Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laci's family stood behind Scott untill they thought he was guilty, which was when they found out about his affairs.

Surely the family is aware of his affairs by now? Surely they are aware of all the other things that make him look guilty? Surely the friends that know all of the bad stuff about Raven have shared that information with the family?

This family isnt saying good things about Raven. They arent saying anything. That makes me believe they dont really believe in him.

To date, every article that Ive read has left one impression...LE feels Raven is the one that did this. Now, if I truely felt my SIL wasnt involved, I would be setting the record straight, or at least offering a positive view of him. I wouldnt sit by and allow the media to paint a picture of guilt without speaking up. But that's just me.

Timex said:
I would be worried he would get to thinking I "know something", and may decide I need to have an accident or committ suicide. Nope, no killer in my house...period.
.........when i first read this i thought..........if raven IS guilty, then janet was his one and only target.....

...and he wouldn't have to overly worry that her family members "thought" 'they knew something'..........

..unless..........he KNOWS she's very close to them....maybe they had a huge argument a "week ago,or so'..............she calls/emails family saying..."omg.........he was sooooooooooooooooooo mad this evening..................he pulled out his big knife.....i was terrified......."

...if a scenario such as that had occured...........THEN if i were family, i'd be terrified if he were around anyone of us at all..........

Wouldnt even take that much. If he has murdered his wife, paranoia could easily set in. He could start thinking they know things, even if they dont. He could start worrying they are working with LE to set him up etc. Like I said, just no way I would ever let a killer in my home. Doesnt matter who that killer is.

lauriej said:
unless..........he KNOWS she's very close to them....maybe they had a huge argument a "week ago,or so'..............she calls/emails family saying..."omg.........he was sooooooooooooooooooo mad this evening..................he pulled out his big knife.....i was terrified......."
...if a scenario such as that had occured...........THEN if i were family, i'd be terrified if he were around anyone of us at all..........
IF a scenario like that did occur......and the Durham PD knows this and didn't arrest him, then God help every citizen that lives in Durham, NC!

Timex said:
Laci's family stood behind Scott untill they thought he was guilty, which was when they found out about his affairs.

Surely the family is aware of his affairs by now? Surely they are aware of all the other things that make him look guilty? Surely the friends that know all of the bad stuff about Raven have shared that information with the family?

This family isnt saying good things about Raven. They arent saying anything. That makes me believe they dont really believe in him.

To date, every article that Ive read has left one impression...LE feels Raven is the one that did this. Now, if I truely felt my SIL wasnt involved, I would be setting the record straight, or at least offering a positive view of him. I wouldnt sit by and allow the media to paint a picture of guilt without speaking up. But that's just me.
......i never could get the video to open, the one and only time the family spoke............based on recall, i remember her family being very subdued, not saying much about raven, ....and having faith in LE...

...janet appears to be close to her family................i think the affair(s) ( almost a year and a half ago?) had been brought up, talked through........
...same with the embezzlement........
...( although i think a ton of raven charm was added to both.....)

..what else could friends be passing along to family right now that puts him in a bad light ? in the way of something concrete.....?

..i have no idea, ( but even laci's family didn't publicly say anything of scott's affairs) until the day amber frey stepped up to the mic.....
...maybe janet's family is hearing rumours............and doesn't quite believe it yet ?

...the analogy i'm using at the moment..........one of my daughter's had a "bad " b/f.....the more my family tried to point it out....the more she stood up for him.....i stood up for him.....we just couldn't see it( didn't want to ) until later.....

...although i do agree..................even if janet's family is shy of the spotlight, and having faith in LE................if raven is being portrayed badly.............HIS family would be stepping forward to defend him........

Timex said:
Wouldnt even take that much. If he has murdered his wife, paranoia could easily set in. He could start thinking they know things, even if they dont. He could start worrying they are working with LE to set him up etc. Like I said, just no way I would ever let a killer in my home. Doesnt matter who that killer is.
...i like this theory........it makes a ton of sense , thinking through the mind of the killer........

...sad to admit ( to myself...) why can't i come up with this stuff ????? of COURSE , the true killer would be absolutely watching/analyzing every move by every one....and thinikng the worst...."they KNOW"....."that call he/she just took outside was to LE..!.............."

...although, i can see janet's family ,just after, and when LE had crime scene tape all over the house, telling raven to come and live with them..................and now how do they tell him to leave ?

I don't know if there is a clear answer to this, as I'm sure each crime scene is unique - but, are soil samples ROUTINELY taken from a vehicle at a crime scene, or, taken just when something has led LE to believe that a vehicle may have some involvement, on some level or another?

I ask, because I remember there being soil samples taken from the Durango (per the search warrant. See link below - )

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Golfmom/pg9.jpg

ewwwinteresting said:
That's been my question since the day it was announced. We, of course, don't know if they think Raven killed their daughter. They have not made a statement one way or another. If they don't, then they probably see no reason why they shouldn't help him. If the do, :eek: !
I've heard it rumored that Raven is staying with Janet's sister. Does anyone know this as fact?

If it is fact, I think that perhaps religion has something to do with their decision to do so EVEN if they suspect that he did it. Perhaps they aren't going to pass judgement, at least not at this time since he hasn't been arrested. We also don't know what LE has said to Janet's family, if anything, about the likelihood that Raven is or is not the perp OR about keeping Raven close.

lauriej said:
...i don't know.......laci's family focussed on finding her/being there for scott.........maybe janet's family is doing the same.....focussed on her murder/her memory.....and they can't think yet that her own husband could be responsible.....thought processes take time in tragic circumstances.....
This is true. And there's a BIG difference between this case and Laci's. Laci's case was ALL OVER the news, and even aside from Amber Frey coming forward, the media was constantly digging for stuff on Scott. Laci's family had no choice but to hear what everyone was saying, and even so - look how long it took for them to finally see that Scott might have been guilty. Janet's case is NEVER in the media. No one's digging up dirt on Raven for CourtTV or Nancy Grace or even for the local 6 o'clock news for that matter. So all Janet's family has to go on is whatever LE might be telling them, (if anything), and the Raven that they know.

Timex said:
Perhaps, but there is just no way I would put another of my children in danger by having him around. It would hurt not to see the baby, but I just couldnt sleep knowing one of my children was living with a killer.
I agree completetly, and I think that most parents would as well. This is one of the things that has me questioning whether Raven is guilty. It could just be that they don't know anything bad about Raven and Janet's relationship if there was anything bad. They live in Virginia and Janet and Raven lived in NC. But if they think that there's any chance that he's guilty, I just can't see them allowing him to live there.

SouthEastSleuth said:
I don't know if there is a clear answer to this, as I'm sure each crime scene is unique - but, are soil samples ROUTINELY taken from a vehicle at a crime scene, or, taken just when something has led LE to believe that a vehicle may have some involvement, on some level or another?

I ask, because I remember there being soil samples taken from the Durango (per the search warrant. See link below - )

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Golfmom/pg9.jpg

I wont say they are routinely taken, but they are often taken. Its just one more way for LE to either confirm or contradict Raven's story.

As an aside, with no proof what-so-ever that this is what they were doing...it could be they feel Raven is guilty and were trying to determine where he disposed of the weapon, I suppose.

On the other side of the coin, I sometimes think since LE has released so very little, and said so very little, the things they did release (the warrant info etc) was released because it held no valuable information.

JerseyGirl said:
I agree completetly, and I think that most parents would as well. This is one of the things that has me questioning whether Raven is guilty. It could just be that they don't know anything bad about Raven and Janet's relationship if there was anything bad. They live in Virginia and Janet and Raven lived in NC. But if they think that there's any chance that he's guilty, I just can't see them allowing him to live there.
Based on some info that I have, I have heard that Janet's family was aware of the nature of Janet's and Raven's relationship (i.e. they knew what Raven was up to...) Now, they may not have known to what extent, but I am told by a source extremely close to the family that the family WAS aware of the affairs. They were very upset by this. (I'm not trying to speak for the family, but I do know they were aware and were not happy.-that is according to my VERY close source...for what it's worth).

Timex said:
On the other side of the coin, I sometimes think since LE has released so very little, and said so very little, the things they did release (the warrant info etc) was released because it held no valuable information.
Aside from the parts that were not divulged, I assume? #'s 1-3, for example, and some later numbered items.

anneshirley said:
Based on some info that I have, I have heard that Janet's family was aware of the nature of Janet's and Raven's relationship (i.e. they knew what Raven was up to...) Now, they may not have known to what extent, but I am told by a source extremely close to the family that the family WAS aware of the affairs. They were very upset by this. (I'm not trying to speak for the family, but I do know they were aware and were not happy.-that is according to my VERY close source...for what it's worth).
Hmmm, that's very curious. I had assumed that the affairs were rumors, suspected but not quite confirmable. If they did know, I'm surprised that they let Raven stay with them under any circumstances. In my mind:

Affairs
+ Embezzlement
+ Financial troubles
+ Unsolved murder of spouse

JerseyGirl said:
Hmmm, that's very curious. I had assumed that the affairs were rumors, suspected but not quite confirmable. If they did know, I'm surprised that they let Raven stay with them under any circumstances. In my mind:

Affairs
+ Embezzlement
+ Financial troubles
BUT if it is correct, then I still would worry about saying that, beyond a shadow of a doubt you wouldn't house Raven. I may sound like a broken record but if it were my sister, I would want to make sure I was close to Kaiden. To not only help him realize how wonderful his mother was, but to make sure he was properly cared for. Raven can't have too much money, and I don't know how big the memorial fund has gotten or what the legal stipulations surrounding that money are. Her parents and family may need to help provide for Kaiden. Financially and emotionally...
regardless of what raven may or may not have done.

JerseyGirl said:

Affairs
+ Embezzlement
+ Financial troubles
I would want him living in my house either, but still there's Kaiden. With the loss of Janet, they may be extremely protective of him and think that this is the best they can do for him at the moment. They may not want to start any sort of legal issue right now because if it does turn out that Raven's innocent, he can keep them from seeing Kaiden. Then again, Janets family may know something we don't. And I'm back to this :banghead:

newkid said:
Then again, Janets family may know something we don't. And I'm back to this :banghead:
that describes my sentiments exactly...
:banghead:

I understand what you're all saying about Kaiden, and I agree that the family would want to be close to him. But if they suspect that Raven is the perp, how do they sleep at night? Are their doors bolted? Do they have a gun under their pillows? I wish that LE would arrest someone already!!!

JerseyGirl said:
I understand what you're all saying about Kaiden, and I agree that the family would want to be close to him. But if they suspect that Raven is the perp, how do they sleep at night? Are their doors bolted? Do they have a gun under their pillows? I wish that LE would arrest someone already!!!

I can't even imagine their pain. It's a wonder the poor family can function at all under the circumstances.

ROCK/Raven/Kaiden/HARDPLACE

the sky is blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members