Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
lauriej said:
..............agreed.......'not random' , we've come to know means janet was the intended victim..........

...if someone was stalking her...........was her husband gone routinely at night ? how would they know "that night" was an opputune time ?

...if someone was stalking her..............would LE lead the public to think they had nothing to fear ?

...if raven isn't a POI........( and LE hasn't been clear on that one way or the other......................although 47 days later he's not been arrested....) then WHO is ? personally, if i lived in durham NC right now.................with the lack of news.............i'd be concerned.........
Yeah, me too! They should be concerned. I'm not in Durham but, I've been locking my door's alot more now.

SouthEastSleuth said:

Ok, so:

There is blood on the door frame/storm door. CHECK
There were swabbings taken from the door handle, and interior of Durango. CHECK

When he goes back "inside to get Janets phone or keys to the Durango"... the question is HOW DID HE GET BACK INSIDE WITHOUT LEAVING ANY BLOOD ON THE EXTERIORS OF EITHER DOOR, FRONT or SIDE (regular door or storm door)??

Again, based on info that we HAVE, there were no swabbings taken from the front door, at all. And no swabbings taken from the exteriors of either side door. None.
...........i've been going over this a bit..........

...raven comes home........enters EITHER door.......( doesn't matter yet whether he notices the blood or not...)

...the key thing IS , ( as you've stated SES) , is that he enters.....sees janet ...attempts to help her....so DOES have her blood on him at this point...

...runs out...the durango is locked.....runs back in to get an alternate phone...

.......IF raven is the perp, there HAS to be blood on the EXTERIOR of one of those doors.............correct ? ( as he came back in, on the door, frame...doorknob..) and yet, ( according to the warrant etc that we have, there is not......)

...does that clear raven ?
...or did raven just make all of that running in and out up ?
...did raven kill her prior to leaving that evening...........return home ..."attempt to revive her" to GET some of her blood on him........and then dial 911......and then still give the "i was in.........back out...back in..."story...

...the blood eveidence is very important.........presumably he had kaiden when LE arrived.......it would be benficial to know if kaiden's clothes also had any blood on them ? they would HAVE to, if raven did all he claimed to have done , and then is holding kaiden when LE arrived...

...is it then normal SOP for LE to ask for items the night of the crime.............."we're going to need those baby clothes..........the computer(s) etc......"..
"sure..........take them "...
...and THEN they return with a warrant for the other items ?

lauriej said:
...IMO, a rapist stalking someone with intent to rape..........will.....and we've heard nothing to back up that.........i don't think it was a would-be stalker/rapist.....
What was Janet wearing that night? Was she in her regular clothes or night clothes? Were any of them torn? If Janet fought back, wouldn't she have the perps DNA on her....somewhere? It doesn't make sense to me that LE is still waiting for the test results to come back to find out who the purported rapist/murderer is AND make the statement that the public has no need to fear (unless the perp was her husband). How could a stalker not be a fear to others?

"The 25-year-old mother was found stabbed to death inside her Ferrand Drive home on April 26. Investigators have not revealed any suspects. They say it was not a random crime and the public is not in any danger. "

To me, the way I read that statement above, if it was a rapist, the public would be in danger.

Timex said:
Of course he is on the list of possible suspects. problem is, he may well spend the rest of his life on that list. As most police will tell you, no one is ever cleared of a crime until someone else has been charged with it.
I know; I was just pointing this out in response to the few comments we've received about Raven not being a POI. Like you, I believe that he will be a POI until evidence makes them look at a specific someone else.

Timex said:
I think we sometimes forget that in many, many cases there is little or no physical evidence left behind. We live in a world of CSI type shows, which leads us to believe there is always something that science can use to solve these cases, when the reality is, often there is nothing science can do. I can think of at least 3 cases Ive followed have had NO physical evidence, even though a stranger entered a home and committed a serious crime.
Common sense can often pick up where science leaves off. I would think that the number of wounds and the locations of the wounds would give us a much clearer idea as to the likelihood of this being a rape attempt gone deadly. Not that we can always know one way or the other, but I would think that if a rapist is angry enough at being fought to kill, it would be messier than this crime scene sounds to have been, (from the little that we've been given).

Rooster said:
Planning and watching a house is what make's it "Not random".
It's not random BECAUSE it was planned. The perp got to "know" Janet by following her.
(This theroy is all speculation.)
How could LE possibly know that this was carried out by a stalker, and thus it was not random? "Not random", from the only official information we've been given, sounds to me like no sign of forced entry, nothing stolen, no ransacking ... not that the perp was a stalker. Early on when police made the comment about it being not random, they would have had no idea if it was a stalker, IMO.

lauriej said:
...if someone was stalking her..............would LE lead the public to think they had nothing to fear ?
That's a very good point. If this crime was committed by a stalker, LE would not be able to tell the public that they have nothing to fear. They could not possibly know if the stalker would pick another victim after Janet.

JerseyGirl said:
How could LE possibly know that this was carried out by a stalker, and thus it was not random? "Not random", from the only official information we've been given, sounds to me like no sign of forced entry, nothing stolen, no ransacking ... not that the perp was a stalker. Early on when police made the comment about it being not random, they would have had no idea if it was a stalker, IMO.

And a perp who PLANS and WATCHES a victim is one who would be a danger to the public. There is nothing we've heard to date that would lead us to believe that someone was fixated on Janet. If there was someone, they are now free to fixate on someone new ... danger to the public!

LOL ... I just went back and looked and you already made this very same point ... mediocre minds think alike!

lauriej said:
.........IF raven is the perp, there HAS to be blood on the EXTERIOR of one of those doors.............correct ? ( as he came back in, on the door, frame...doorknob..) and yet, ( according to the warrant etc that we have, there is not......)

...does that clear raven ?
No, because as far as we know, there was no blood on any door knobs. Therefore, regardless of who committed this crime, that perp managed to have left without getting blood on the doorknobs. In fact, this whole scenario makes me MORE suspicious of Raven. If he got blood on the side of the door and the Durango, etc., from transferring Janet's blood after trying to help her, how did he NOT get it on the doorknobs or the handrail, etc.?

helloyellow said:
Wouldn't that have been messy......in the sense of leaving evidence?

I got to thinking about this. One thing I noticed in the videos was that Janet had manicured nails. If she fought back I would hope that there is some dna evidence under her nails.

golfmom said:
I got to thinking about this. One thing I noticed in the videos was that Janet had manicured nails. If she fought back I would hope that there is some dna evidence under her nails.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. What can we do to get the evidence collected moved up in priority in the lab?

Rooster said:
I don't know who.:( But I have theory...I think someone was watching her and the house, with intention's to rape her.(I hate even typing this...it make's me sick.) They waited until Raven left to his game. Now keep in mind if they had been watching the house they probably knew if they saw Raven leave in his Soccer clothes, with his soccer bag. (don't know if he had one...I'm just speculating.) Then they would know they had (however long), as long as a soccer game take's, to do what they intended.
I think Janet fought the rapest/murder and he killed her. I think maybe he was only intending to rape. But ended up killing her because she fought back.
He then probably ran...

This is all theory.
Rooster's comments make me wonder about the landlord. What does anyone know about him?

Hoppy

hoppyfrog said:
Rooster's comments make me wonder about the landlord. What does anyone know about him?

Hoppy
So far, only that he gave them 2 free months rent, (and possibly lowered the monthly rent aside from the free months). Is that something "just a landlord" would do, or is it possible that the landlord was more like a friend to the Abaroas? I have no idea.

The following is from a thread to which I'm subscribed that has nothing to do with this case. But someone mentioned that there appeared to be a phone or a mouse next to Raven's computer in the photo at his desk. I stated that I believed it to be much too big to be a mouse. From this statement, I'm wondering if anyone knows how big a trackball mouse might be, and how new they may be to the home computer world. Here's the statement:

"I did get a new mouse but may trade it for one of the new Trackball ones after all, so my hand doesn't rest on the desk/mousepad in back and get sore.

I know you have one. Any complaints about it at all? Ya get used to its being so large?"

a trackball mouse has a "ball" that you use to navigate. They come in a variety of size and shapes.

I have a wireless optical, and to me its a bit too large, so I keep both my regular corded mouse, and my wireless in use at the same time so I can switch back and forth to give my wrist a break as needed.

Is the trackball big enough that it could possibly be mistaken for a telephone in photographs?

JerseyGirl said:
So far, only that he gave them 2 free months rent, (and possibly lowered the monthly rent aside from the free months). Is that something "just a landlord" would do, or is it possible that the landlord was more like a friend to the Abaroas? I have no idea.
Me either. But he might be someone who, at the least, knew the house, knew what rooms the family was using for what purposes, knew that RA often was out playing soccer in the evening, knew the house was secluded, presumably knew JA well enough that she'd let him in. Would he feel like JA "owed" him something for the "free" rent? I dunno. IIRC, he's one of the very few people who were quoted by name in the initial media reports.

Hoppy

hoppyfrog said:
Me either. But he might be someone who, at the least, knew the house, knew what rooms the family was using for what purposes, knew that RA often was out playing soccer in the evening, knew the house was secluded, presumably knew JA well enough that she'd let him in. Would he feel like JA "owed" him something for the "free" rent? I dunno. IIRC, he's one of the very few people who were quoted by name in the initial media reports.

Hoppy
I remember him being one of the only named sources as well. He's definitely someone to think about.

One thing I've thought about is that since Raven moved so much, and had to make friends quickly throughout his life, did he get into the habit of considering people "friends" without much to go on? Like Natalee Holloway for instance? She thought these guys in Aruba were her friends after knowing them only a few days, and now she's missing. And since Raven already had the habit of making friends in a short time, who knows? I mean, look at the time he put his card on that guy's motorcycle? He had no idea who that guy might have been. Raven seems to be very outgoing. Who knows who he might have run into. I wish we could know who his contacts were in Durham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beckers861