FL FL - “Maritime John Doe", Wht, 65-75, maritime tattoo, Atlantic Ocean, Sep'03 - Donald H. Kirk

I'm curious about that too. His belt is undone, is that usually a sign of assault? However, considering the circumstances it would make perfect sense that he unbuckled it himself while in the water. I'm not seeing any jewelry. Is it possible he was mugged? Also, where is the blood coming from? And why doesn't he have visible nostrils?

I would hazard a guess that LE pulled his pants down after they got him into the boat to figure out what the brace was. I am a bit surprised that anyone can view those images, though.

I think a lot of people who drown have bleeding through the nose. It may appear as pink froth but sometimes appears red. This link gives a pretty good explanation (for lay people) how blood can be visible coming through the nose or mouth in drowning victims. It's upsetting to see that experiments were done drowning caged dogs to understand the drowning process only to find that the data was of no value to understanding human drownings.

I would hazard a guess that LE pulled his pants down after they got him into the boat to figure out what the brace was. I am a bit surprised that anyone can view those images, though.

I think a lot of people who drown have bleeding through the nose. It may appear as pink froth but sometimes appears red. This link gives a pretty good explanation (for lay people) how blood can be visible coming through the nose or mouth in drowning victims. It's upsetting to see that experiments were done drowning caged dogs to understand the drowning process only to find that the data was of no value to understanding human drownings.

Yikes. That is upsetting. Almost as upsetting as the "Inescapable Shock" experiment on dogs I recently read about. Thank you for the link!

Learning about Unit 731 should be required reading in every history class. Seligman and his dogs might not seem so bad...

OMG I just read the Wiki version of Unit 731. I don't know what's worse; the wholesale slaughter of thousands of ethnic Chinese and other ethnic minorities using inhumane experiments or the US response of giving the perpetrators immunity to get access to the experiment results and use those results in their own biological warfare programs.

I don't usually do this. And I'm aware that it's going to sound crazy.
What are the odds that Boggs went missing willingly, started a new life, and ended up floating in Florida? The eye color is off, I guess. But height is nearly spot on and I see a resemblance in facial features. Hair color "brown at the roots." No tattoo mentioned but he was in the U.S. Navy. Him being involved in politics could very well be a reason why family never mentioned a tattoo. I know it's a long shot but it's all I was able to come up with.

Anyone else want to take a look at this?

I don't usually do this. And I'm aware that it's going to sound crazy. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

What are the odds that Boggs went missing willingly, started a new life, and ended up floating in Florida? The eye color is off, I guess. But height is nearly spot on and I see a resemblance in facial features. Hair color "brown at the roots." No tattoo mentioned but he was in the U.S. Navy. Him being involved in politics could very well be a reason why family never mentioned a tattoo. I know it's a long shot but it's all I was able to come up with.

There's actually a lot of conspiracy stuff around the plane crash that he disappeared (read: died) in. He was not the only one on that plane.

There's actually a lot of conspiracy stuff around the plane crash that he disappeared (read: died) in. He was not the only one on that plane.
I'm aware, I've been all in that rabbit hole LOL. Is it worth submitting? I've never heard of Boggs before. He popped up in my searches and I couldn't stop reading.

I don't usually do this. And I'm aware that it's going to sound crazy.

I don't think the deceased is old enough to be Boggs; he'd have been 89 in 2003. Too many other people missing with him never heard from again which suggests to me the plane went down with all crew and passengers lost.

Melvin Luther Wilson missing 9/15/71 at age 44.
Height5' 11" - 6' 1" (71 - 73 Inches). - matches UID
Weight175 - 195 lbs. - matches UID

Maritime John Doe‘s hair was possibly dyed red/auburn as it was reported to be “brown at the scalp”.

Did Melvin voluntarily disappear because he was due in Federal Court on counterfeit charges? (Possible)

They both have an anchor tattoo on the right forearm and he would be at the top of the age range for UID when found.

Any thoughts or comments on Melvin to be a possibility for Maritime John Doe?

1670273230689.jpeg1670273269265.jpeg
1670273180817.jpeg

Maritime John Doe‘s hair was possibly dyed red/auburn as it was reported to be “brown at the scalp”.

Did Melvin voluntarily disappear because he was due in Federal Court on counterfeit charges? (Possible)

They both have an anchor tattoo on the right forearm and he would be at the top of the age range for UID when found.

View attachment 385201View attachment 385202
View attachment 385199
I like it, the tattoo matches.

View attachment 385199
That seems like a really close match!!! Good find!

View attachment 385199
Facially similar but that nose is quite different IMO. The tattoo I guess is similar but no way to compare. I think he would be older than our UID in 2003.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back