FL FL - Adam Walsh, 7, Hollywood, 27 July 1981

I have seen code adam at wal mart and sears only, my DH did not know either what it was.

I still get sad thinking about Adam and his family. I am amazed how strong they are. They have been able to take such a terrible tragedy and use their experiences to help SO many others. God bless John Walsh. He is a heroe. He has truly been the voice for the victims.

Only the best,
Sooner

Soonerbebe said:
I still get sad thinking about Adam and his family. I am amazed how strong they are. They have been able to take such a terrible tragedy and use their experiences to help SO many others. God bless John Walsh. He is a heroe. He has truly been the voice for the victims.

Only the best,
Sooner
I agree, I have always told my DH that I would love to meet John Walsh and Reve. They are hero's in my eye's.

Mr. E said:
He stated that Adam's body would never be found. I don't know if I believe that Lucas was the killer or not, but the Walshes do.
When I was reading John Walsh's book (wonderful book, but extremely difficult to read) and came to the part about the letter that O'Toole sent the Walsh's supposedly detailing the kidnapping/murder of Adam, it struck me as false for some reason. It kept going through my mind that O'Toole had obviously heard of John & Adam Walsh and may have decided to have some sick fun by sending a letter "confessing" and taunting with gruesome "details" of the crime.

I just wish there could eventually be some kind of total closure about Adam. :(

Lisa

Lisahas2cats said:
When I was reading John Walsh's book (wonderful book, but extremely difficult to read) and came to the part about the letter that O'Toole sent the Walsh's supposedly detailing the kidnapping/murder of Adam, it struck me as false for some reason. It kept going through my mind that O'Toole had obviously heard of John & Adam Walsh and may have decided to have some sick fun by sending a letter "confessing" and taunting with gruesome "details" of the crime.

I just wish there could eventually be some kind of total closure about Adam. :(

Lisa
I think John and Reve have set in their minds who killed adam. They of course will probably never have "closure" but they have reconciled to the fact that this is the way it is going to be and they deal with it I am sure daily. But John is not someone I would mess with, he is so passionate about victims rights and getting the bad guys. I love when he calls them scum bags because I totally see where he is coming from. I would take him in my corner anyday, even over Tyson, lol....:D

John Walsh is an inspiration to us all! I have just read his book about the awful case of Adams abduction. Imagine the little mites terror.

Further up someone mentioned they had read all John Walshes books. Are they all relating to Adams case can anyone tell me? Or does he write about other things? Just wondered if someone could let me know as am keen to read more.

Amy Noel said:
Actually Henry was never a suspect nor did he confess to this murder, it was Lucas's sidekick Otis O'Toole who confessed to the killing. But he later died while serving time in prison on an unrelated crime.
ON AMW it said that O'Toole confessed and then later recanted a couple of times. Sometime before he died his niece(?) visited him in jail and asked him if he killed Adam. O'Toole responded that he was the only one who would ever know or something to that affect. I cannot remember the exact words.

anthrobones said:
ON AMW it said that O'Toole confessed and then later recanted a couple of times. Sometime before he died his niece(?) visited him in jail and asked him if he killed Adam. O'Toole responded that he was the only one who would ever know or something to that affect. I cannot remember the exact words.
He was a pig!

John Walsh's Books:

Tears of Rage
No Mercy (various cases)
Public Enemies (various cases)

Not sure if there are any others??

I have John Walsh's book Tears of Rage. Look up "" in the dictionary and you'll see Otis Toole's pic there. He looks like a pervert. That was one ugly *advertiser censored*. He at one point admitted to killing Adam but then recanted. He is really the only suspect. He eventually died of AIDS.

Nocgirl said:
I have John Walsh's book Tears of Rage. Look up "" in the dictionary and you'll see Otis Toole's pic there. He looks like a pervert. That was one ugly *advertiser censored*. He at one point admitted to killing Adam but then recanted. He is really the only suspect. He eventually died of AIDS.
Toole died in September of 1996 in prison from cirrhosis of the liver.

missacorah said:
John Walsh is an inspiration to us all! I have just read his book about the awful case of Adams abduction. Imagine the little mites terror.

Further up someone mentioned they had read all John Walshes books. Are they all relating to Adams case can anyone tell me? Or does he write about other things? Just wondered if someone could let me know as am keen to read more.
He repeatedly confessed and then retracted accounts of his involvement, but there is no doubt in my mind that he was the killer.

yes, that is very interesting indeed. I cant believe they never looked into this case better. didnt a man confess to this already. why would you do that , if you didnt do it. poor little boy, its so sad.

Mischa said:
I thought Otis Toole confessed this killing?

Yes he did. But then he recanted. If I remember correctly John Walsh stated in "Tears of Rage" that he believed the he was in fact responsible and never punished for Adam's murder.

I think it was also stated somewhere else that Otis lied about other crimes that he confessed to commiting. So I guess anything is possible. I do remember when Dahmer was first arrested they were looking into the possiblity that he had killed Adam because he was in the area at the time of his murder.

Toole confessed, recanted, confessed, recanted etc. It is difficult to believe anything Toole said, however I do recall that John Walsh believed that Toole was the responsible for Adam's murder...unfortunately so much evidence has been lost or not collected in the first place ...it will be impossible to prove Toole's involvement in the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130
Back