FL FL - Adam Walsh, 7, Hollywood, 27 July 1981

I would like to know what new evidence they have. I was never really too sure of O'toole's involvement. What a blunder the LE made of that case.

Everytime I read about poor Adam.. it just brings such tears flowing...

Praying for Justice for Adam.

Rosco

I can still remember John Walsh crying on the news,begging for the perps to bring his son home. It is etched in my brain. Awful awful tragedy.

His mom Reve' is talking now...and I have tears running down my cheeks.
27 years is a long time.
John Walsh said...."Don't Give up Hope"

What a relief for the Walsh family I am sure...peace to them all.

Adam was killed before I was born, but as a child my family and I often watched America's Most Wanted and my mom and I watched a tv movie about the case. It was so incredibly heartbreaking.

John Walsh has made an incredible legacy for his son. I'm glad to hear this news.

Will someone please recapp what is being said. I can't watch. Thanks

The investigation into the death of the son of "America's Most Wanted" anchor John Walsh is finally closed, after being classified as an unsolved mystery for 27 years.
Hollywood Police Chief Chad Wagner announced Tuesday the department’s conclusion that a man named Ottis Toole kidnapped and killed 6-year-old Adam Walsh.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,467905,00.html

I just saw this in the crime forum. Someone feel free to delete my post. Sorry 'bout that!

John Walsh had strong suspicions that it was this guy who did it, but now I guess it's official. I'm glad he finally has some closure.

I can't hear it but I can see it....and John Walsh's face is just...wow. My eyes are tearing up just from seeing it....such a cute little guy Adam was and what a horrible death he faced.

I saw this on TV, God Bless the Walsh family. I wish I could recap...but all I can remember is John's face. Just years of pain being released. I remember him saying something about all these years needing to know what kind of person could torture, kill, and decapitate a little boy. I didn't see Rene, but she was there. I was actually doing something and listening more than watching, but I'm sure it will be repeated a lot on TV tonight.:blowkiss:

Will he finally get his child's remains back to bury? Last I heard they wouldn't release

The suspect, Ottis Toole, had twice confessed to killing the child, but later recanted. He claimed responsibility for hundreds of murders, but police determined most of the confessions were lies. Toole's niece told the boy's father, John Walsh, her uncle confessed on his deathbed in prison that he killed Adam.

Police said Toole was long the prime suspect in the case and that they had conclusively linked him the killing. They declined to be specific about their evidence and noted they had no DNA proof of the crime, but said an extensive review of the case file pointed only to Toole, as John Wash long contended.

I'm not sure if I believe Toole's deathbed confession...I wish they had DNA evidence.
JMO

http://news.aol.com/article/police-...d/279175?icid=200100397x1215014966x1201017700

CNN is reporting that there was no new evidence, and that this is all being closed based on a review by a retired investigator at the request of Hollywood Police Chief Wagner. If it's good enough for Mr. Walsh, it's good enough for me, I guess, but I can't help but feel awful that this could have been closed years ago. If only the review had been called for sooner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back