FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you so convinced that it was an abduction, MeoW? I have my doubts.

Hi, SS, i'm not that convinced, just trying to look at all angles with the little information. I don't understand why the girlfriend didn't call 911 right away.

Here is a link to our local paper's article on it (sorry, can't do the tiny URL at work): http://www.gainesville.com/article/...__Search_for_5_year_old_Putnam_girl_under_way

Does anyone else find it...um...disturbing that the father's GF is 17 while he is 24???!!!! Sorry, but my gut says she did something....I'm not buying this story. 7 years age difference is a lot at those ages..and he let her care for his small children?? I wonder if she was tired of Haleigh...praying not!!!!

It's very rural out there...I hate to even drive through Palatka...as soon as I saw it on our local news, that was my gut feeling.

I don't understand the gf's statements. Did she wake up to find her missing or did she go to the bathroom and then find her missing?

What time did gf go to bed? Who did she talk to prior to going to bed? Where was the brother sleeping? Was it a sheet or two sheets outside with a blanket? Were those on the bed with gf and Haleigh?

There's so much conflicting information in this case:

"Her younger brother was asleep in the same room at the time Haleigh went missing. Ms. Croslin said she awakened around 3:30 a.m. and discovered Haleigh missing when she checked on the children. She stated the bedroom door was open, and that the home had not been locked."
http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=2864

"His girlfriend, Misty Croslin, said she had been sleeping next to Haleigh, but when she awoke, the blonde-haired girl was gone."
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/11/news/news01.txt

I'm still trying to get the story straight..

IThe statement the Dad made about the five year old missing child saying, "I'll see you when you get home from work". IMO, that sounds like something an adult would say, I just don't remember my kids saying things like that at five years of age ? Any thoughts ?

When I was about 3-4 years old, I'd say that exact same thing to my dad every single morning (my dad worked long hours as a construction worker and I'd always be woken up by them doing their usual morning things). So IMO, it's not really that weird.

There's so much conflicting information in this case:

"Her younger brother was asleep in the same room at the time Haleigh went missing. Ms. Croslin said she awakened around 3:30 a.m. and discovered Haleigh missing when she checked on the children. She stated the bedroom door was open, and that the home had not been locked."
http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=2864

"His girlfriend, Misty Croslin, said she had been sleeping next to Haleigh, but when she awoke, the blonde-haired girl was gone."

I'm still trying to get the story straight..

Hi, Meow.
I think we're all trying to get it straight. I makes ME wonder if these inconsistencies are coming from the GF, or are just bad reporting...

Everything about this case smells wrong to me, and even if the cops say Cummings and his teen girlfriend aren't suspects, I feel like there is just an unspoken 'yet' after that statement.

Folks who think Cummings seems sincere on video are giving him a lot of credit. His demeanor bugs me, a lot, and that includes the ugly way he addressed the 911 operator. At the moment, though, I'm trying to reserve judgment because I remember the treatment Mark Lunsford received from so many people on message boards, people who thought him suspicious because he was always in a ball cap and just seemed a tad shady. That wasn't fair, and I'd like to be fair to this guy (I only briefly suspected Lunsford, and never posted about it on a board or in a blog).

Still, I don't think Cummings is a good actor at all. He seems insincere to me. He knows the words but not the music. His pained facial expressions are, I don't know, off. But -- you never know how this sort of thing will hit a person.

Predators typically target slightly older children. Of course there are always exceptions, but in 4 years of writing about crimes like this and many more years studying such things, I have very rarely heard of sex predators targeting children younger than 7. Also -- utterly silent home snatchings have occurred -- like Jessica Lunsford and apparently Coralrose Fullwood -- but they too are rare. We all just forget that because basically, if you're posting at Websleuths, you probably read about crime, A LOT.

The other terrible thing about missing kids who are under 6 or 7 -- it seems like they rarely come home okay. This one has been very depressing from the get-go because all my instincts -- which I've honed -- have said, nope, that poor child is gone.

I'll try and call the Putnam Sheriff's Office for a True Crime Report update later today, but they've been awfully busy.

Steve

This from the Palatka Daily News,

"She was sleeping right next to me," Croslin told the Daily News while distributing flyers bearing Haleigh's photo. "I can't believe I didn't hear anything."

I read this part in the artice and I found it odd: HMMMM

" The back door of a blue doublewide mobile home was open, and a blanket and sheets were scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door."

It would also be helpful to get one description of what Haleigh was wearing. Was it a "pink shirt" as described in many news stories, or as Local 6 reports...

"Haleigh is about 3 feet tall, with dirty blond hair and pierced ears. She was last seen wearing pink shorts and a tan shirt."

ETA: I thought gf indicated Haleigh was wearing only underwear and no shorts at all??

:parrot:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18680713/detail.html

I read this part in the artice and I found it odd: HMMMM

" The back door of a blue doublewide mobile home was open, and a blanket and sheets were scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door."

And the same article states that the girlfriend has said Haleigh was in the bed with her. I have to ask where the blankets and "sheets" came from? So someone came into the trailer and took the child AND the sheets and blanket off the bed where the girlfriend was sleeping and she didn't hear anything OR they spent enough time in the house to go through the trailer looking for a blanket and sheets to wrap the child in....and then dumped them outside the back door???

Which grandma? I find it odd that she has Chad as her friend if it is Haleigh's paternal grandma.

I believe she's the maternal g'ma. bio mom commented on site several times saying love you momma and there is another girl who says same on there and is on Chad and biomom friends, Sarah. I think this is Hayleigh's aunt.

Which grandma? I find it odd that she has Chad as her friend if it is Haleigh's paternal grandma.

Crystal's mom (the bio mother) . her friend Sarah is her other daughter and has pics of Haleigh on her site from a bday party. i was going to post the pic but her shirt is falling off in the pic and I don't think it's a tasteful photo do to that. she has a beautiful smile.

I have some questions that I have not seen addressed, thank you in advance for answering them for me, I have been reading along but just came to the posts about this missing child last night.

1. Do we know if the two siblings were living with their father or just there for a visit?

2. Is this GF 17 or 19? I see conflicting reports. If she is 17 is she still attending HS? Also, have we seen any information about the relationship this teenager has with these two children?

3. SeriouslySearching, posted that it was very chilly the night that Haleigh went missing. I find it odd that she was only dressed in a tee-shirt and underwear for bed, I don't think it's a red flag, but I always put sleepers with footies on my kids when it was chilly because they kicked covers off.

4. ImpatientRedhead pointed out that the sheet and blanket seemed staged. I agree that is a major red flag until we get more info.

I've got a bad feeling about this one.

So you think he was "overdramatizing" a bit, Steve? (I did think this for an instant when he fell to his knees twice.) Still...I am not sure. I am not ready to throw him to the wolves yet until we know if he has a solid alibi until 3:00 am and his story about the 27 minutes before calling 911. (I haven't heard the 911 call yet.)

ETA: The father had custody and the mother saw them every other weekend according to reports.

Haleigh was "stolen out of my home," a tearful Cummings said earlier in the day, before collapsing to his knees in front a neighbor's home. "Somebody came in my back door and stole my child. I came home from work and my daughter was not at home."

OK...starting to disect here. I know it's really nothing, but, why say "someone came in my back door"?? Maybe "IN the front door"....someone came IN THE HOUSE and stole my daughter might have been a better choice.....
AGAIN....just "nit picking"

BUT, sorry to go off THIS topic....we've heard about the leaving the bed to take Caylee home without RM waking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weary