FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary that there are 2 sexual predators within 2 miles of the home, not to mention the other registered offenders. ;-(

I think that is the direction LE should be going. I believe the dad and I think the GF is just a kid.

I haven't seen the GF interview either...Is there one? Someone mentioned a bio-mom interview...haven't seen that one yet either. Anyone have links handy? I have chocolate!

I think that is the direction LE should be going. I believe the dad and I think the GF is just a kid.

I also believe the Dad, but I don't think a 17 yr old girl who is living with a 24 yr old man should be dismissed as "just a kid". Even if she had nothing to do with this she isn't just a kid.
I could be wrong, and if so I will be the first to admit it.

The interview with mom was kind of overridden by the maternal grandma. It would seem there is no love lost between she and her ex-son-in-law. The disdain was apparent, and the child's mom seemed afraid to contradict her mom.
I can't help but think back to the initial reaction everyone had when Jessica Lunsford was abducted. People seemed to think because Mark Lunsford was not so intellectual sounding and was missing some teeth, and had long hair and an earring, he had to have some knowledge of what happened to his daughter. Snap judgments like that, and the constant media blitze, are a lot of what's wrong and what hampers LE efforts. Remember, too, that in that case, the perp lived nearby and had Jessica hidden. The trailer where she was hidden was actually 'searched' by LE.
As for the GF, I can understand being asleep and waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and finding something wrong. I babysit for two little girls about this same age once years ago. While I was in the bathroom, they opened the front door and walked out. Into a blinding rainstorm. I ran outside in the rain and screamed for them to no avail. I was scared, angry, on the verge of a nervous breakdown, a whole range of emotions. Fortunately, I located them next door within a few minutes. I know this is not what happened here, but my point is, anything can happen in just a matter of seconds.

100% agree with your post. Being a 17 year old and keeping someone else child is not like being a parent. I don't think the gf was as tuned in to the kids as a mother or father might be. I can easily see getting in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and then realizing she was gone.

I hope and pray for this little girl. Lord please help find her..
I am curious, however after Caylee, I find myself looking deeper into things than maybe I should.
I pray that this child is okay..:(

ok, i'm not sticking up for the g/f ( or maybe I am) but she is a 17 yr old teenager, not a mother, when I was 17, a parade could have gone through my bedroom and it would not have woken me up. Now that I have children, the drop of a pin would wake me up. IMO

ok, i'm not sticking up for the g/f ( or maybe I am) but she is a 17 yr old teenager, not a mother, when I was 17, a parade could have gone through my bedroom and it would not have woken me up. Now that I have children, the drop of a pin would wake me up. IMO
ITA with all of you. In fact I posted re. this earlier but the thread was moving a mile a min, then-as it is now,lol

I hope and pray for this little girl. Lord please help find her..
I am curious, however after Caylee, I find myself looking deeper into things than maybe I should.
I pray that this child is okay..:(

It's okay to look deep: It's called hypothesis, and what good sleuthers do! I pray we are all wrong and she's found playing Nintendo at a friend's house but sleuth I must... (((hugs)))

I was the same way and remember people saying that about me, too! Then I had my first child at 25 and never been the same since! LOL

I hope someone asks the younger son if he knows anything. My son is 3 and its funny how many times I have asked him things thinking he was not going to know what I was talking about and he bust out with accurate information.

Off Topic, but just last week I discovered my lamp was broken but someone had put it back on the side table. Ummm, I didn't know how long it had been that way so I asked my son. I figured he wouldn't know but asked anyway. The boy said, "Daddy dropped the lamp when he was plugging in the compooter (that is how he says it.)" When daddy got home, I asked him what happened to my lamp. His face turned red and then admitted he broke it and put it back on the table. Outted by a 3 year old. Sorry but had to share.

I was the same way and remember people saying that about me, too! Then I had my first child at 25 and never been the same since! LOL

Me either, boy do I miss those days when I actually slept well. lol

I hope someone asks the younger son if he knows anything. My son is 3 and its funny how many times I have asked him things thinking he was not going to know what I was talking about and he bust out with accurate information.

Off Topic, but just last week I discovered my lamp was broken but someone had put it back on the side table. Ummm, I didn't know how long it had been that way so I asked my son. I figured he wouldn't know but asked anyway. The boy said, "Daddy dropped the lamp when he was plugging in the compooter (that is how he says it.)" When daddy got home, I asked him what happened to my lamp. His face turned red and then admitted he broke it and put it back on the table. Outted by a 3 year old. Sorry but had to share.

Cute story!

You know, kids can be great witnesses or terrible ones! I hope they have already interviewed the brother...I can bet they probably have though.

That is too cute! I agree that they should ask ( maybe they did) it can't hurt. Even if they ask him if "sissy" was in bed with him they would beable to figure out the timeline.

Me either, boy do I miss those days when I actually slept well. lol

yes before kids I sleep like a rock never even though about someone coming into my house and taking a kid. I used to fall asleep on the sofa when I was babysitting and I couldn't tell you if all the doors were locked.

In fact, I remember several times be awakened by the parents standing over me.

I've been outed a time or two by a toddler myself. lol. ;)

i have to say if that 17 yr old girl knows something, i don't think it'll take much time to break her..."FBI" but i gather that much from listening to the 911 call.

he was pissed and calling her a b*ch a lot.

LIVE News Crew Web cam in Satsuma.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/subindex/web_cams/mobile_cam_1

I'm so saddened about another missing child. I agree that the father & his girlfriend need & should be given poly's. At least it's not like Caylee's case and was reported early. It's not sounding good. I was hoping the real mother came & took her but she was in a different state. I hope she is found safe.

:praying: for Haleigh!

Angel, let's just keep praying this little one is found safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayzee