FL FL - Attempted abduction in Tallahassee, 20 May 1992

I saw that same Rudy guy on facebook too but he surely does look different now....I wasn't sure if I wanted to ask to be friends or not...what do you think? Maybe the only reason (besides Godly intervention) he let me go that day was b/c he was relatively immature in his criminal pursuits???
I will say in my unprofessional opinion that this guy knew what he was doing. I don't think you were his first, or last. And at 18.....well you just never know sadly.

I am just praying and my growth group from Church are now praying that FDLE finds SOMETHING of value on my clothes from that day that has a hit in CODIS!

Hi Tracy- First let me say that anyone who has been the victim of a violent crime has their world changed forever, I am so glad that you have found a positive path even in darkness.

I usually research unidentified victims and missing persons. I ran across a missing person today who was kidnapped from a convienence store. She has not been found. One month later another woman was almost abducted, but from a grocery store parking lot- he failed and was arrested in 1997.

I've been trying to find a picture of him (john erva dunn), but take a look at the suspect sketch. Does this look like him to you?

The way he tried to kidnap the woman from the grocery store, sounds exactly like you. I had seen reference to angela hammond's case here also- her kidnapping seems to have many similarities to the cases I have refenced above.

John Erva Dunn was shot and killed by the police in 2007. I am posting the links to these other cases.
These may not be related to your case, but you never know.

Sending Light Your Way-:)
Snufamonbobball

Newspaper article:http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Woman's+disappearance+unsolved+after+10+years.-a0158552149

Angela Hammond:http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1299dfmo.html

Rebecca Reid:http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reid_rebecca.html

Attachments

• reid_suspect.jpg
    reid_suspect.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 131
Does anybody know where I can read more about Michael Lee King's history and his physical description??

lol eeyore, we were posting the same thing at the same time!

I thought my guy was in his mid 20's to early 30's and I would not be surprised at all if he was early 20's.....maybe his "inexperience" is part of what helped me that morning. I know King has blond hair, and blue eyes too plus his eyes are big and my guys eyes seemed big if I remember correctly. What I want to know now is why I can't find him in any inmate databases here in FL????

What is also FREAKING me out about this guy is that his mug shot where he is looking up with his eyes only kind of at the camera as well as that picture of him in the courtroom kind of doing the same thing (maybe looking at the jury?) is EXACTLY the way my assailant was looking at me that morning when I past by his car door going to my car door...

michael lee king would have looked corn fed because he was, he grew up on a farm in michigan. i don't know if he was connected to florida at the time of your abduction.
the reason i connected the other kidnappings to yours is because the suspect vehicle in the other cases was described as an older pick up- one says a blue stripe, one says a green stripe- and that it may have a white topper. All of john erva dunn's victims were strangers, all were kidnapped from grocery store parking lots or conv. stores and i thought the suspect sketch looked similar to the people you thought has a similar apperance.

Good luck!!
Snufamonbobball

Been doing a little digging on King. His parents moved from Michigan to Ellenton, FL and bought a house on 1/19/1990 (MLK would have been about to turn 19 years old). Ellenton is on the west coast of FL and it would have made total sense if MLK was my man and he fled into Tallahassee to get away b/c alot of people use Hwy 27 to travel to Central FL rather than dealing with I-10.

I found a long article that details that MLK moved to Columbiaville (implies had been in FL and met his wife that he moved there with for awhile) MI in 1999. In Feb 2002, after his wife left him, he got permission from the courts to change his domicile for his son from Michigan to Florida and moved back to Florida to be near his parents.

I think we're overlooking something here, or perhaps counting on records actually being accurate (which let's face it...aren't in alot of cases!)

Tracey has said over and over again that Bobby Wayne looks EXACTLY like the guy. First of all, what kind of coincidence would that be??

We've all seen his record, but somebody needs to physically talk to the jail and ask them to decipher the record. To me, the record leaves off an incredibly important detail..like when he was actually released!! For all we know, he could have been release 3 days later because of overcrowding! He was in for a probation violation..non violent..he'd be one of the ones released. It's a big mistake when we have no release date to assume he would serve his full sentence! I have a feeling old Bobby was back on the streets in time to do this, and we have to give credence to Tracey he looks EXACTLY like the guy...c'mon.

The only way to no for sure is if the DNA comes back I guess since records were destroyed, but I don't think we can rule him out AT ALL.

Omigod! I was just thinking about the Angie Hammond case a week ago! I saw a reenactment on a crime show and have never forgotten it. Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am so glad I have a name for the case that has haunted me so long!

I just read through this thread after finding it today. Tracey, are you still around? You haven't posted since mid-September. Do you have any updates on the DNA/CODIS info you were hoping to get?

OP , Tracy, thank you for sharing your experience and I hope you found closure.

Please forgive me everyone but I was flipping through some old documents last night and I found the BOLO and crime description on the Missouri attempted murder and I am attaching all of the documents here. It includes the description of the assault, the victims names, two composite drawings (presumably b/c there were two girls?). It also includes mug shots of an inmate in LA who was bragging about attacking two women in Missouri. He is definitely not my assailant and when I read the crime description of their attack, I can definitely say the first thing that comes to mind in my case is NOT that my attacker looked muscular and fit (then again MOST of the time he was behind me anyway so who knows).

Also...that is just awful for these two Missouri girls that their case had to be closed due to some stupid law!!!! This makes me very upset for victims in Missouri!!!
I came across Websleuths this evening while looking for information on the Missouri case because I remembered the composite drawing from America's Most Wanted back in 1993 and was trying to find it. It's been on my mind for some reason the last few months, and after all these years, I'm not just thankful, I"m angry. Around 1992, while a student at the University of SC, a man tried to kidnap me. He followed me down the sidewalk almost touching my backpack that was slung over my right shoulder. I'd walk faster, and he'd walk faster. I'd go around the parking meters to get closer to the street, and he would, too. When I reached an intersection, and my car was the last parked on the street (but I didn't want him knowing it was my car), I walked out into the intersection as far as I could without getting hit by a car, but had decided if he came for me, it would be better to be hit by a car than be kidnapped and who knows what else. It was like a stand-off, me staring at him and at the oncoming traffic, and him looking at me. He then walked towards a parking lot on the sidestreet. I took my chance and ran to my car, crouching down on the streetside by the drivers' door so he couldn't see me. As I peeked up through the windows, he was hurriedly going to cars in the lot and looking into windows, seemingly looking for me. I put the key in the door, got in, cranked up and pulled out quickly to get away. Frantic, but wanting to see where he ended up, I drove around the block. I as I came back around the block, I saw him about 8 cars away on the opposite side of the street getting into a small red car and driving away. He had sandy colored curly hair and brown eyes. When the episode aired on America's Most Wanted, it piqued my interest about the closeness with which the guy followed the 2 girls before attacking them. When the composite drawing was shown, I can't describe the feeling of OMG. I called the number and reported what had happened to me, and a Missouri trooper called back for my story. 2 or 3 years later, a Missouri trooper called me again to go over what happened to me. All these years later, it is so much on my mind. Who was the guy? Did he hurt anyone else? I hope my story of what happened on Assembly Street in downtown Columbia SC can somehow help solve something for someone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe
Back