FL - Chad Oulson, 43, killed in Wesley Chapel theater shooting, 13 Jan 2014 *Former LE arrest*

They had to dispel that "popcorn murder" tag put on their client's actions...so great they did that. So now it is a murder due to a phone thrown at high speed that resulted in no injuries to their client and not one witness confirmed they saw the "phone assault" including his wife who was right there. Good luck. Jury too smart for that.
Becky...you have followed this pretty closely as have I...do you know why Dr. Michael Foley was only that video and not called in person? I can't find anything on this and it seemed very odd without the ability to cross today. This is a unique trial for sure. I don't see where he has died or anything...did they say something that I missed?

Why is the defense dragging this out? It’s getting ridiculous at this point IMO.
I would love to know the cost of this defense team.

Well he is on now and so arrogant. Just getting finally to the day of the murder. Up to now nothing but testimony that makes this shooting even worse with all of his law enforcement and gun backgrouond.

Why is the defense dragging this out? It’s getting ridiculous at this point IMO.
I would love to know the cost of this defense team.
Me too.

Evidently his defense attorney not skillfully filed a near endless series of delaying requests, but also insisted on conducting pre trial interviews with everyone identified as having been in the theatre that day.

As the movie was very popular, there were scores of people to interview at attorney billing hours. Where does a retired Florida police captain get the money for this kind of "A team" defense effort?

Becky...you have followed this pretty closely as have I...do you know why Dr. Michael Foley was only that video and not called in person? I can't find anything on this and it seemed very odd without the ability to cross today. This is a unique trial for sure. I don't see where he has died or anything...did they say something that I missed?
I searched around last night trying to find a reason for this and I found nothing. It’s very odd. Maybe one of our attorney members can offer an opinion.

So much time was spent on the time period of the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s ....it all sounded so much like bragging to me. It's like Mr. Reeves feels like he's better than everyone in the community. No remorse. He maintains that he's the victim. Just my impression after listening this morning to testimony.

this cross is just great...he knows his "free" days are really numbered. Mrs. Reeves knows too and might be relieved.
How awful for her to have to go through this in their retirement years. I can’t stop thinking about what he said to his wife when she dared say something to CR after the shooting; paraphrasing but CR told her to shut the (expletive) up and don’t say another word!

Florida is so very strange...they are talking about getting them deliberating by 3pm and keeping them going until they reach a verdict ...might "have to feed them" and not sequestered so they are prepared to go till all hours of the morning. What is with Florida...any legal minds explain how they think. From listening to this they DO NOT want them to separate once deliberating and will not pay to sequester in a hotel room. Wow is all I can say. If I had not heard it with my own ears would not have believed it...so we will have a verdict tomorrow or early Sat. morning.

Florida is so very strange...they are talking about getting them deliberating by 3pm and keeping them going until they reach a verdict ...might "have to feed them" and not sequestered so they are prepared to go till all hours of the morning. What is with Florida...any legal minds explain how they think. From listening to this they DO NOT want them to separate once deliberating and will not pay to sequester in a hotel room. Wow is all I can say. If I had not heard it with my own ears would not have believed it...so we will have a verdict tomorrow or early Sat. morning.
I still remember watching the Jennifer Mee murder trial. Once the jury was seated, the trial, deliberations, verdict, and sentencing took a total of one day. Just one.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that happening. It just seems like it would make the jury want to hurry up and get out asap without coming to a fair and just verdict. MOO

It makes no sense to me and I hope I got it wrong but they even mentioned too dangerous to let them out with all the media around etc. They come in tomorrow and Judge warned them could be a late day. I did not realize what she really meant. One attorney asked about Sat. and judge did not think that was possible to return on Sat. I am sure some of these jurors are seniors, retired and probably would like to go home at a reasonable hour. Judge Susan mentioned that sometimes verdicts are reached at 3am. After 8 years they can't sequester if necessary? Apparently no way if 2nd degree murder. Also judge mentioned that she "forgot" to inquire of CR about testifying so she did it at the end of the jury instructions. Everyday she forgets to announce appearances for the record.

Last edited:
It makes no sense to me and I hope I got it wrong but they even mentioned too dangerous to let them out with all the media around etc. They come in tomorrow and Judge warned them could be a late day. I did not realize what she really meant. One attorney asked about Sat. and judge did not think that was possible to return on Sat. I am sure some of these jurors are seniors, retired and probably would like to go home at a reasonable hour. Judge Susan mentioned that sometimes verdicts are reached at 3am. After 8 years they can't sequester if necessary? Apparently no way if 2nd degree murder. Also judge mentioned that she "forgot" to inquire of CR about testifying so she did it at the end of the jury instructions. Everyday she forgets to announce appearances for the record.
She seems like she is half asleep every day.

yes at instructions she was complaining how tired she is and "we are all tired" and one atty said jury looked tired. Well honestly today was a short day with high interest so not sure what is the problem. Defense I think cut a few witnesses as things were not going well.

Anyone else think the prosecutor did a terrible job questioning CR today? Would love to hear some thoughts on that. CR just seemed so matter of fact and confident that HE was in fear for his life. I’m almost thinking not guilty after today’s testimony. Yikes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kch52285
Back