FL - Chad Oulson, 43, killed in Wesley Chapel theater shooting, 13 Jan 2014 *Former LE arrest*

Movie Theater Fight Over Texting Turns Deadly When Ex-Cop Opens Fire (Prime Crime)

Nov 4, 2022
This new episode of Prime Crime with Jesse Weber dives deep into the trial and acquittal of retired police captain Curtis Reeves, who fatally shot Chad Oulson inside a Florida movie theater in 2014.

Yes he has. Everyone should check their state statute to see if a similar law is in place.
MOO, but no need to check state statutes. Just remember not to physically attack an elderly person and you will be fine. Better yet, treat people with respect and don't physically attack anyone and you will be fine! Its really not that hard!

MOO, but no need to check state statutes. Just remember not to physically attack an elderly person and you will be fine. Better yet, treat people with respect and don't physically attack anyone and you will be fine! Its really not that hard!

you did hit upon something I hung my hat on for this trial...her ruling on SYG...I thought okay some of these rulings and the way she let def.team rule the courtroom...but at the end of the day won't make any difference. The truth of the matter is CR really did get a jury of "his peers" who either apparently thought like he does or had reasonable doubt..but seems odd that obviously they did not even have one that had to be convinced...doubt you could do it that fast.not sure who their jury consultant was but their earned their $$!
How to rig a trial...
May 26, 2022
TAMPA — In her mind, Nicole Oulson said, she always knew there was a possibility that the man who shot and killed her husband during an argument inside their local movie theater could walk free.

Still, she said, nothing could have prepared her for the late-night verdict on February 25 that acquitted retired Tampa police captain Curtis Reeves of criminal charges for killing Chad Oulson inside a Wesley Chapel movie theater in 2014.
[...]
The mother and daughter called a news conference in Grimaldi’s downtown Tampa offices Thursday to announce the launch of the Oulson Family Foundation — an organization of their own invention with the narrow focus of helping children like Lexy who have either lost parents or guardians to gun violence or who may have been injured themselves in gun-related crimes.
[...]
Thanks for the summary, SeesSeas, I can't get past the paywall. >^..^<

Curtis Reeves is nothing but a bully. Well, he got his wish -- to use his pocket pistol on someone. (Sour grapes here)

Curtis Reeves is nothing but a bully. Well, he got his wish -- to use his pocket pistol on someone. (Sour grapes here)
Ditto. A stone cold killer who had the "juice" with the legal system to get away with murder. Reeves is a danger to society. He presents as a sociopath, without self control or empathy. No apologies, no regrets. God forbid somebody bumps into him at Publix when he is on his hair trigger. Why didn't the jurors put themselves in Chad's place? Why were they so manipulated by this smug disgrace for a cop? I don't get it, I wanted to scream at them when they returned that verdict. Absolutely deplorable.

Curtis Reeves provoked and goaded Chad Oulson, causing the incident to escalate and get completely out of control. Master manipulator and knew which buttons to push. He was former law enforcement ("SWAT" even), and older than Chad Oulson by a couple of decades at least. Had he wanted to, he could have controlled his own behavior but instead allowed his "hair trigger" free reign.

Ditto. A stone cold killer who had the "juice" with the legal system to get away with murder. Reeves is a danger to society. He presents as a sociopath, without self control or empathy. No apologies, no regrets. God forbid somebody bumps into him at Publix when he is on his hair trigger. Why didn't the jurors put themselves in Chad's place? Why were they so manipulated by this smug disgrace for a cop? I don't get it, I wanted to scream at them when they returned that verdict. Absolutely deplorable.
Probably you couldn't find a juror to put themselves in Chad's place, because not one of them would consider behaving in a threatening manner and screaming at an elderly man in a darkened movie theater, standing and looming over Reeves as he was seated, throwing something at him in the dark as he sat with his wife, putting him in fear of his life. JMO.

Probably you couldn't find a juror to put themselves in Chad's place, because not one of them would consider behaving in a threatening manner and screaming at an elderly man in a darkened movie theater, standing and looming over Reeves as he was seated, throwing something at him in the dark as he sat with his wife, putting him in fear of his life. JMO.
Yeah. Reeves did a darned good job of portraying himself as an elderly, debilitated, overweight and out-of-shape individual.

Yeah. Reeves did a darned good job of portraying himself as an elderly, debilitated, overweight and out-of-shape individual.
With lightning fast reflexes, pulling and firing that pistol. Debilitated my foot! My eyes saw what they saw, and his hands are almost a blur. He is a murderer. I sure wish I could have a conversation with Vivian. She knows more than we ever will...

With lightning fast reflexes, pulling and firing that pistol. Debilitated my foot! My eyes saw what they saw, and his hands are almost a blur. He is a murderer. I sure wish I could have a conversation with Vivian. She knows more than we ever will...
Yeah. I feel sorry for her. Imagine having been holed up with him while he was on home incarceration awaiting his trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back