FL FL - Cynthia Gooding, 16, & Teresa Alfonso, 12, Marathon, 3 Sept 1974

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers! Cross your fingers and pray that saturday being a perfect day for a dig will bring some answers from these girls!

Let us know what is found at the dig.
I pray y'all receive answers.

Missmysis,

Are you really sure you want that particular email addy up here? Perhaps you might want to create a throw away one that does not appear to include your name? The net really is a dangerous place and there are a lot of strange people with nothing better to do than harass. Besides, if you create a second one your primary one will not be filled with so much spam from being posted where the google spider finds it. Just trying to help...peace and prayers, Dsn

Well, now I don't know how to remove that post, but it is OK. I have never hidden my identity, my address or any info about myself in hopes that someone...anyone with info could always find me. How ironic??? Coconut is an absolutely amazing person who owns the property where the bones were found. He had heard of my sister and Teri's story and he searched, he found me!!! How amazing is that? Yes, I agree there are some pretty strange people in this World. But I have to say, with my life's situations I have found many more absolutely amazing, caring and extraordinarily compassionate people. This type of situation really brings important things in life in focus. Spam mail or a google spider is the least of my concerns. Someone knowing my address or identity with the harm of trying to hurt me should be their concern. Thank you so much for your concern and truly I never thought of that, but the person I spoke with due to that info is so worth it. There are some amazing people in this World, along with all of you who genuinely have a care and concern and INTEREST in a family finding a lost loved one! I am so touched every time I think of it! Keep us in your prayers, please. Both families.

OK, Florida dig update...for all that know, saturday (10-16-10) gave up some interesting info. More teeth were found and apparently from what was found they were able to identify it was DEFINITELY NOT Cindy and Teri because it was a male with an estimated age of 35-40. These are initial findings and I'm hoping they find out more so this man's family can have answers. They are positive this is a male so that leaves our two families with a bitter-sweet answer.I'm sure over the next few days it will hit me that I still have no answers and that will be hard. I pray for Teri's family and her mother especially and ask you all to hold her up in prayer because she will be so torn up over this information. Pray for us all that we will get an answer, if that is God's plan, and to give all of us the strength to deal with that info, if that is His plan. Thank you ALL for your prayers for us all! You don't know how much My family is touched and I'm positive Teri's family feels the same! ALSO, this makes it even MORE important for me to get the word out about the FBI DNA data bank!!! If this man's family is not in there, his DNA may be sitting there, waiting for his family to come put him to rest!

MissMySis, I was looking at your sister's CharleyProject page and became interested in this case. It just seems like such a classic abduction case-very little clues to go on! Which made me think, whoever took them (because I truly believe someone did) must have had experience.

You said there was a person, "David", who was last seen talking to them. Was it a credible witness who claimed to see this? And was this person sure that David only spole with them-did he/she see them get into his car? You also mentioned a lot of people knew David... what was his reputation? Do you know if he acted strangely or helped in the search for your sister and Teresa after they dissapeared? Was he a lot older than them or was he the same age?

Was there any type of search conducted of the area that would have been traveled to get to the party your brother invited them to? Wooded areas?

To Danya....since the bones were found in Marathon, people have started doing a whole lot of talking. We are in contact with the investigators passing on info we have recently acquired. I can't discuss the info, but have to tell you this...Firstly, when the girls disappeared it was assumed they "ran away" so, no, no searches or what not ever took place. Back then ('74) it was in NO way like today with missing children/teens/adults being taken very seriously and immediately acted upon. Secondly...someone and possibly many know what happened to them. Time takes it's toll on the heart. MANY have bits and pieces and when all put together, the investigators had better get it in gear and act to finish this puzzle. So many seem to have carried around bits and pieces of info afraid to ask more because obviously the people who obviously murdered my sister and Teri are pure KILLERS! Fear has probably had many carrying info that has burdened their hearts for 36 (THIRTY SIX!!!!) Years!!!! I PRAY ,and hope you all do too, that heavy hearts can be lightened by giving answers to two families that need them so desperately. As I have said before, my mother is not in good health and in a nursing home. Teri's mother isn't. She NEEDS and answer! I'm sure my mother does too, but my mother is in a state of ignorance about these recent discoveries because I cannot have this on her heart with her condition. IF we find my sister, or a definite answer, I will tell her so she can have peace but until then I have to keep her out of the loop. Teri's family is close to the investigators and THANK GOD they are able to stay ON THEM! I thank you all for your prayers...I thank you ALL for your undying support and kindness! I will regularly update and answer questions, as much as I can answer. We are onto something here and we need luck, prayers and diligence in this investigation!

Glad to hear! Don't give up! Keep bothering the investigators. Phone them often and demand answers. Don't feel bad either, it's their job to help your family get justice.

If the suspect(s) is or was a local, I hope you can encourage them to use ground penetrating radar to search nearby wooded areas and nearby rivers. I'm not familiar with the area at all but if there is a stretch of road they would have traveled to get to this party, search along it, there has got to be something!

Yes, we are going to stay on them. I have found they are pretty good at avoiding a direct answer thru the investigation of my brother's murder! It is a shame! I don't wish harm or bad things on anyone, but, if they EVER had to deal with what these victims families have to deal with, I think they would act VERY differently!!!!

This is the case that led me to first, the doe network and eventually here. I first heard of this case in a song written and sung by the brother of Cynthia Gooding, an amazingly talented person. The song kinda stuck with me and led me to search missing persons cases on the internet and thus to this one in particular. MissMySis, prior to your posting and while reading the write ups and posts about the circumstances I kept thinking that there was more to the situation. It has been a long time since I heard the lyrics to the song but you're mention of the party/ van and hitchiking brought it all back. I have kept up with this case for along time now and tried to research a few things along the way. I hope you find the answers that you and your family seek and deserve.

it was prob a classic hitchiking, i was born in 81 and was told as i was growing up never take a ride from a stranger and if you are stranded someplace and its light out and a safe area walk to the nearest store and call someone ( this was in the 90s when cellular phones were not the rage.

this is my theory
they get drooped off at the theater they go inside to make it look good so that the driver sees them enter. as soon as the driver drives off they walk out of the theater and start the process to hitchhike. some guy pulls up in the van and starts to talk to them. when he feels its safe he takes them in his van tells him hes going that way. once they get into the van which i'm sure had no windows in the back. he drives in the other direction makes up some story and says its only going to take a minute and then i will head back the other way. he does something to them and its the last anyone has seen of them. maybe they tried to break free of him maybe they couldn't

thats jmho of what happened based on the description of the van and the last time the girls were seen

"Smile22" That is a great theory, and a usual one, but I'm assuming from the comment that you did not read any of the posts. "( this was in the 90s when cellular phones were not the rage. " Nope...it was the 70's...1974 to be exact. Sometimes these sites can be helpful and sometimes they can surely twist things up!

This case, a double abduction from 1974, could be related to the case of the missing Lyon Sisters, Sheila (12) and Katherine (10) from Wheaton, MD in February 1975.

Some of the scenarios and possible suspects discussed in the Lyon featured case might also apply to Cynthia's and Teresa's disappearance.

Its really great to see that there are people other than my family who still care about Teresita. i am her youngest sister. i never got to meet my sister as she disappeared long before i was even born (in 1990) but its affected my life still and ive always wanted to know what happened. when i was a kid id have dreams about her all the time. im not 100 percent on the facts of this case, some people who dont know her might even have a clearer idea of what happened all i have is what ive been told happened and what i feel in my gut because of things like dreams and what not (which if anyone else told me this id say they were crazy) but i hope to be able to discuss my sister more and God willingly, one day have a real answer. Our father just passed away 10 months ago, and this pain of losing his daughter of course never left him. he felt very guilty for not taking her to live with him and he died with this feeling, now only God and he know if hes gotten closure yet, but id like to at least have an answer just for his sake

Its really great to see that there are people other than my family who still care about Teresita. i am her youngest sister. i never got to meet my sister as she disappeared long before i was even born (in 1990) but its affected my life still and ive always wanted to know what happened. when i was a kid id have dreams about her all the time. im not 100 percent on the facts of this case, some people who dont know her might even have a clearer idea of what happened all i have is what ive been told happened and what i feel in my gut because of things like dreams and what not (which if anyone else told me this id say they were crazy) but i hope to be able to discuss my sister more and God willingly, one day have a real answer. Our father just passed away 10 months ago, and this pain of losing his daughter of course never left him. he felt very guilty for not taking her to live with him and he died with this feeling, now only God and he know if hes gotten closure yet, but id like to at least have an answer just for his sake

AminahAlfonso,

Thank you for posting and welcome to Websleuths. I do hope that you will be able to find the answers that you seek regarding your sister.

Forgive me if someone else mentioned this, but my first suspect was Gerard Schaefer but I see he was already imprisoned at the time of this abduction. He had progressed to abducting 2 girls at a time. I wonder if he actually did all the double abductions he is suspected of or if there was another serial killer operating in FL at the time.

Been following this case for years; some sad news: Cynthia Gooding's mother passed away in early September....

"She is survived by 5 children.....and Cindy Gooding (for whom she never quit searching for and never gave up hope); Memorial contributions may be made in memory of Cynthia Robin Gooding and Teresa Alfonso to the Missing and Exploited Children's Fund "

http://obit.lovingfuneralhome.com/obitdisplay.html?id=1107669

This year will mark the 40 year anniversary of the disappearance of Cynthia Gooding and Teresa Alfonso.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back