FL FL - Cynthia Gooding, 16, & Teresa Alfonso, 12, Marathon, 3 Sept 1974

Also, the speculations of my sister babysitting Teri or about wanting to hang out with friends and possibly leaving Teri alone to be abducted and my sister panicking and leaving are wayyyyy out in left field. PLEASE stop speculating trying to "figure and solve this" by trying to play amateur detective. It puts things out there that are by no means part of the truth. Stick to the facts and anyone with info please contact the Monroe County Sheriff's office. Detective Mark Coleman handles this case and the number is (305) 289-2410. If you have to call toll free, you can call 1-800-THE-LOST but the number given is slightly off from how to reach the detective directly.

My Prayers are with you Missmysis. I pray that both young ladies come home and soon.

That is so sweet! Kat, I have to tell you, my mother and myself are getting entered into the DNA bank for the missing or unidentified through the FBI. This is a wonderful and FREE service to all who have someone missing! Some are not abduction or possible murder cases, some have had family members, maybe with a mental illness of some sort that just decide to leave. I hope this service finds an answer for my family, but it is a needle in a hay stack. I have walked on the other side of that line, though. I lost a brother to murder almost 7 years ago. He was the largest advocate for the missing and exploited! He was the one who spoke to Cindi last (from our family) and had lived with horrible guilt due to being the one who invited her to the party. They never showed up at the party. I have delt with feelings of loss and terror over knowing that someone I loved deeply fought, begged and even possibly prayed for his life. I have to tell you, it is the closest I can imagine coming to just losing your mind. Most feel I would want "closure" but can you trust me on this? Finding my sisters remains would not be closure, it would only open the door to the hurt. It is a bitter sweet situation, either way you look at it. I thank you for your prayers! Please keep us there and don't forget us! We need all we can get!

Your scenario sounds plausible as far as the babysitter angle. And that may well be what the initial trip was meant to be. I do not know for certain if that is what happened, but it sounds logical.

I think, however, that this was truly a double abduction, rather than a single abduction and run-away combined. If Theresa (age 12) had been abducted, or simply walked away, I think that Cynthia (age 16) would indeed have gotten upset. But I think the more logical and normal course of action would have been for her to seek help in locating the child, or in reporting the abduction (if she witnessed one). Even if she did get upset and run away, I think that she would have gone home or somewhere very soon afterward.

A pervert wishing to abduct one girl could have used the other girl as part of his scheme. For instance, taking the younger one and threatening the older one to get in his vehicle or he would hurt the little one. Or he may have simply decided to take both of them.

A double abduction is somewhat rare when compared to all known abductions. That is one thing that makes this case a puzzling one. See also the featured topic of the Lyon Sisters, missing from Wheaton, MD or the threads on the other cases in Cold Cases. Could there be other common links besides the fact that they are double abductions?

With the double abduction having gone unwitnessed in most or all of the above mentioned cases, one is left to wonder just how he did it. What would make two girls enter a stranger's vehicle. Why had nobody seen them get into a vehicle? Was force used, or were they enticed in some way?

Richard, what I have heard is this...maybe brainstorm from this point? My brother invited Cindi to a party that evening. She said sure, her and Teri would hitchhike there. They did go to the movies, or at least were dropped off by Teri's mother Mercedes, according to her interview on CNN. Lets imagine the road running thru the Keys, I think it is called US1? Imaging from where they are, they need to go NORTH to head TOWARDS the party. The two were seen talking to a guy in a white van, that everyone knew. All I know is first name "David", and I would not swear that is right, it just sticks with me. They were seen talking to him yet the van was heading SOUTH, the opposite direction. They were just seen TALKING to him, and this guy was questioned. Neither girl made it to the party or were seen since. I was only 8 when my sister disappeared (Cindi) so I am going on memories of things LONGGGGGG ago! I may have the road name wrong, but people familiar with the keys basically know what road I'm referring to, it runs thru all of them. I may have the direction the van was facing backwards, but it was only for a point to explain the scenario. Until Adam Walsh was kidnapped and murdered, there was no such thing as "missing". They either ran away or left on their own volition, if "of age" or, as a child I'm not sure the word "abducted" was even used? Maybe "Kidnapped and murdered"? THANK GOD for John Walsh and his family and ALL they have done! I cannot wait to read on the other case you referred to, Richard. But I feel as though my sister and Teri were taken by someone they knew well. Maybe to hang out and party, and something went wrong? Maybe the guy had bad intentions to begin with knowing 2 young girls that both were in slight family turmoil, as teens always are, and "wanted to escape"? Also, keep in mind, Teri was larger physically than my sister. No one would have taken Teri and scared my sister, the other way around? LOL I doubt that scenario, though. I truly feel it was a person they knew well, and most likely trusted. I pray for a guilty conscience to offer us answers before my mother passes. Someone knows something....they HAVE to!

That is so sweet! Kat, I have to tell you, my mother and myself are getting entered into the DNA bank for the missing or unidentified through the FBI. This is a wonderful and FREE service to all who have someone missing! Some are not abduction or possible murder cases, some have had family members, maybe with a mental illness of some sort that just decide to leave. I hope this service finds an answer for my family, but it is a needle in a hay stack. I have walked on the other side of that line, though. I lost a brother to murder almost 7 years ago. He was the largest advocate for the missing and exploited! He was the one who spoke to Cindi last (from our family) and had lived with horrible guilt due to being the one who invited her to the party. They never showed up at the party. I have delt with feelings of loss and terror over knowing that someone I loved deeply fought, begged and even possibly prayed for his life. I have to tell you, it is the closest I can imagine coming to just losing your mind. Most feel I would want "closure" but can you trust me on this? Finding my sisters remains would not be closure, it would only open the door to the hurt. It is a bitter sweet situation, either way you look at it. I thank you for your prayers! Please keep us there and don't forget us! We need all we can get!

I won't forget you Missmysis. I promise to keep you and your Mom in my heart and pray for you both.

That's about all I can do. I can't offer you any more help than that.

I wanted to thank you for sharing how difficult has been for you and your family. I have never been in the same situation, and I, too, hold the thought that there really is no such thing as closure when it means that a beloved sister/daughter has passed on. But that is just how I imagine how it would feel, again I have never been in this situation.

If there is ever any help that you and your Mother need in bringing attention to your sister and her friend. Please let us know here at websleuths. We are here because we care and want you to find resolution for your missing loved one.

Take care, and bless you.

I have one question that kind of makes me wonder...I JUST found out about the FBI DNA bank of missing persons. I plan on contacting the National Center For Missing and Exploited Children and ask them if it is possible to maybe let families know to contact their investigator and inquire about this service? This service is FREE and they are practically begging families to get entered into the bank. They go out of their way to help you get entered as far as meeting me at the nursing home and getting the required things from my mom. I just wondered if anyone else maybe had any input as to why this isn't being pushed for family members to know about? It is an amazing service. And again Kat, thank you for your prayers...from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Richard, what I have heard is this...maybe brainstorm from this point? My brother invited Cindi to a party that evening. She said sure, her and Teri would hitchhike there. ...
... I truly feel it was a person they knew well, and most likely trusted. I pray for a guilty conscience to offer us answers before my mother passes. Someone knows something....they HAVE to!

There is often a lot of speculation on these boards as to what might have happened in any specific case. And when all the known facts are laid out, that is about all there is left to do.

You, however, are in a very unique position to learn more because you are directly related to one of the missing girls. As a family member, police may be more willing to speak directly with you regarding the case.

Initially, they will assure you that the case remains open and active and that they will pursue any lead which comes to them. If you persist, and perhaps visit them in person, they may let you see their notes and files regarding the case.

Each law enforcement agency has different rules and protocol regarding what information they can release, but with family members they tend to be more open.

I have delt with feelings of loss and terror over knowing that someone I loved deeply fought, begged and even possibly prayed for his life. I have to tell you, it is the closest I can imagine coming to just losing your mind. Most feel I would want "closure" but can you trust me on this? Finding my sisters remains would not be closure, it would only open the door to the hurt. It is a bitter sweet situation, either way you look at it. I thank you for your prayers! Please keep us there and don't forget us! We need all we can get!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Bump

This week will mark 36 years that Cynthia and Teresa have been missing.

We won't forget.

Prayers for their families.

Come home soon.

Thank you so much Kat! I am Cindy's sister and I cannot thank you enough for the prayers...it is all we have to rely on. I am positive Teri's family feels the exact way!

Miissmysis

Please read the current keynoter online some very interesting info
I am the owner of that property for the last three years. I did a search as I was hearing different things and ran across this site

Please check it out keys.net site this is currently going on and I will attempt to see if I can get an email

Coconut sunrise

Gary Hilton may have been living in Miami-Dade in 1974. He definitely was in 1973.
He was fond of white vans.
I also don't think he just up and started killing people recently.

Coconut,
Can you provide a valid link please.

Yes look further down more top stories of 'human bones found In marathon yard '
Post that articles link
I don't how

Coconut sunrise

Thanks Dsntslp
I hope this helps out
I did not see email address of missmysis
Hope she gets up dates on this post

Coconut

Coconut,
To post a link:
Bring up the page you want to link,
left click on the address bar, this will highlight the addy,
now right click the address and then left click "copy"

Go to the area you want to post the link,
Left click where you want the link to appear,
then right click and hit paste.

Hope this helps,
Dsn

Coconut.. thank you! My family JUST became aware of this yesterday! Thanks to Teri's sis calling me! I am so THANKFUL for ANY help that is given! Also, Coconut, my Email is jhedricks@verizon.net feel free to Email anything you may see! I'm in Virginia, so the news won't reach me and I'm sure Teri's family is busy as can be doing whatever they can to find info, so I'll pass what you send along to them. You own the house on 92nd St? You found the bones? Do you know if they are saying 1 or 2 people's? This is the street that a STRONG person of interest lived on at the time they disappeared. Not the actual house, but the street, I believe.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back