FL FL - DeLand, Male Skeletal UP12776, 18-25, in Garbage Bag, Mar'14

Wow that is crazy! My guess is they are on the lower end of the age range, or even maybe younger.

Wow that is crazy! My guess is they are on the lower end of the age range, or even maybe younger.

Yeah, the fact that they first thought it was a child and then thought it was female sounds like the bones might not have been very developed. If I had to guess, the person is probably either on the low end of the age range or younger, and/or they were a relatively small person height-wise.

Yeah, the fact that they first thought it was a child and then thought it was female sounds like the bones might not have been very developed. If I had to guess, the person is probably either on the low end of the age range or younger, and/or they were a relatively small person height-wise.

Maybe abused/mal-nourished. Florida has a history of 'losing' foster children.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/FosterCare/story?id=2038588

California, Tennessee and Michigan have all admitted they had lost track of children in their care. Florida has one of the highest numbers, with 648 missing children.

Wow. I would go with malnourished male late teens early 20s for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although they switched from female to male, they still list the age as 18-25.

A male, 18-25, who originally was believed to be a child, then a woman, than a male ... in a pink robe, handmade mickey mouse sheets, and curtains.

SMH.

Male to female trans teenager undergoing hormone therapy that had altered some of the male body characteristics to female?

Although they switched from female to male, they still list the age as 18-25.

A male, 18-25, who originally was believed to be a child, then a woman, than a male ... in a pink robe, handmade mickey mouse sheets, and curtains.

SMH.

:fishy:

This is making my head hurt! Hope they ID him soon.

A lot of drugs and prostitution in Daytona, just a few miles from where the body was found. Lots of runaways. It could possibly be someone who was disabled or sickly and cared for at home. It would help to have more information. I too hope the silence means they have a good idea of who the person was.

I had briefly scanned this case awhile ago, but felt I had nothing helpful to add.

Then I thought about it again... Could it possibly be VA's Dashad "Sage" Smith?

It would maybe make sense...

http://www.nbc29.com/story/27445718/vigil-marks-2-years-since-dashad-sage-smith-disappeared

EDITED to explain that because of the pink bathrobe... Dashad/Sage was transgender, or something along those lines, and VA to FL isn't unthinkable. Especially since they first thought the remains were a child's, a woman's, and then settled on a male 18-25.

A reconstruction and maybe even some pics of the bathrobe/home made sheets if possible, could really help this case.

Maybe the male was wrapped in these items by someone who was female and owned the robe. Handmade sheets, sounds like a mom made them. That is just what came to mind. I am a sewer and I call my stuff, handmade. :)

There are quite a few large ferneries in that area. A large percentage of the fernery workers are Hispanic, both legal and undocumented. They seem to be smaller in stature than whites and blacks. There is also a good possibility that the person was from out of state. It just seems strange that they are being so guarded with information.

Updated yesterday. Hopefully they can identify him soon, DNA test complete and dental charting complete.

How about either of these?

Status
Missing
First name
Laureye
Middle name
Last name
Vazquez-Velazquez
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen
July 19, 2002 00:00
Date entered
10/28/2009
Age last seen
16 to 16 years old
Age now
29 years old
Race
Unsure
Ethnicity
Sex
Male
Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)

Sanford is a half an hour's drive from DeLand.

Zachary Bernhardt

Missing Since: Sep 11, 2000
Missing From: Clearwater, FL
DOB: Dec 18, 1991
Age Now: 23
Sex: Male
Race: White
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 4'6"
Weight: 60 lbs

Zachary's photo is shown age-progressed to 17 years. He was last known to be sleeping in his bed on the night of September 10, 2000. At approximately 4:00am on September 11, 2000, he was discovered missing and is missing under suspicious circumstances. He goes by the nickname Zach. He has a scar under his chin, a scar between his eyes on the bridge of his nose, and on the right side of his top lip.

Clearwater is three direct routes to DeLand. The reason I think he's been stuck in my mind is the date he vanished.

Since we don't know the race yet, identifying the body may be difficult. But neither have their DNA in CODIS yet.

https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/31659
963cbfe89386e853295b22718184ec52.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark