FL - Derek Rosa, 13, charged as adult in stabbing death of mother Irina Garcia in her sleep, 13 Oct 2023

1698510534700.png
Rosa allegedly told the dispatcher that he took pictures of his dead mother and sent them to friends
1698510646295.png

1698510571467.png
Rosa is an honor student at iMater Charter Middle/High School.
''Rosa allegedly told the dispatcher that he took pictures of his dead mother and sent them to friends
'Rosa appeared stoic in the mugshot, his eyes deadpan, after he was slapped with a first degree murder charge.

The young teen will be tried as an adult and did not appear at his first hearing in court Friday. He's being held at the Miami-Dade Corrections & Rehabilitation facility.

The chilling 911 call has since been released, with Rosa telling the dispatcher that he was planning on taking his own life after he took pictures of his mom's body. '
In the transcript, the dispatcher can be heard asking Rosa, 'Why did you kill your mom?' but no response was recorded.

Rosa allegedly told the dispatcher that he'd taken pictures of his dead mother and sent them to his friends.

He is heard saying: 'I took pictures and I told my friends about it. Is that bad?' and told the dispatcher 'She's dead, Miss. There's blood all over the floor.'

''The teen is also alleged to have said: 'Right now, I have the gun with me. I was going to shoot myself, but I didn’t want to. I didn’t want to.

'There's a knife in my room and there's a gun in the living room'.

He stayed on the line with the dispatcher for nearly 18 minutes until police were heard at the door.''

Hmmm… In the 911 call he said he doesn’t know his friend’s real name.
"He is heard saying: 'I took pictures and I told my friends about it. Is that bad?'

Police are yet to confirm the existence of pictures or messages to Rosa's friends.

Its been claimed he also said that he was 'very sad' and wanted to 'shoot himself with a gun.'
Police believe the boy had waited until his mother had fallen asleep and then stabbed her multiple times.
Rosa is an honor student at iMater Charter Middle/High School. "

YIKES---So many things seem 'off' in this tragic case.

If he really had taken pictures and sent them, how come LE can't confirm that? Seems like it would be easily confirmable if he had used his cell to do so minutes before LE arrived.

If it never happened, but he still bothered to say so in his 911 call, then was it purposely done by him for a strategy of some kind?

Is he faking it and trying to come off as dumb and innocent? He is an honour student so he may be more intelligent and cunning than he pretends to be?

Is he faking when he claimed he wanted to ''shoot himself with a gun.' ????

It says he 'waited for her to fall asleep before stabbing her.' Again, kind of calculated. Not just spontaneous and manic.

"He was always with his mom, calm, he would help her carry packages or shopping bags. " And his stepdad was away a lot as a truck driver. Hmmmm....

Rosa posed with his mother and stepfather in matching outfits for a maternity photo shoot

Rosa posed with his mother and stepfather in matching outfits for a maternity photo shoot

Derek Rosa, who allegedly stabbed his mother to death, has had his mugshot released by Miami-Dade Corrections & Rehabilitation
He's been charged as an adult in court and did not appear at his first hearing

Murdered his mom. :mad:
Sent out photos to his friends. :eek:
I hope this isn't true.

That young teen's not wired right.
Glad they're charging him as an adult.
I do wonder about red flags ... were there any ?

• The 13-year-old has no known mental health problems and there were no known issues in the family home
  • Police believe the boy waited until his mother fell asleep and then stabbed her multiple times
  • Authorities said he was calm and apologetic when they arrived at the scene
The defense will most likely use the mental health defense at the trial ... but what if this DR is sane and without issues ?
What if he is just plain evil ?
I think he needs locking up for a long time.
Maybe forever.
But the laws being what they are, esp. for juveniles, he may be out free by the time he's 21 ?
That's chilling.
OMO.

Rest in eternal peace, Irena !
My utmost condolences to the stepfather and newborn little sister.
That lil' sis could have been such a light in this teen's life.
Someone to love and look up to him.
I've not read about any issues this teen had with his stepdad, either.

Obviously something was very wrong with Derek, though.
Stepdad's testimony and account will be important.
Horrible.
Imo.

Murdered his mom. :mad:
Sent out photos to his friends. :eek:
I hope this isn't true.

That young teen's not wired right.
Glad they're charging him as an adult.
I do wonder about red flags ... were there any ?

• The 13-year-old has no known mental health problems and there were no known issues in the family home
  • Police believe the boy waited until his mother fell asleep and then stabbed her multiple times
  • Authorities said he was calm and apologetic when they arrived at the scene
The defense will most likely use the mental health defense at the trial ... but what if this DR is sane and without issues ?
What if he is just plain evil ?
I think he needs locking up for a long time.
Maybe forever.
But the laws being what they are, esp. for juveniles, he may be out free by the time he's 21 ?
That's chilling.
OMO.

Rest in eternal peace, Irena !
My utmost condolences to the stepfather and newborn little sister.
That lil' sis could have been such a light in this teen's life.
Someone to love and look up to him.
I've not read about any issues this teen had with his stepdad, either.

Obviously something was very wrong with Derek, though.
Stepdad's testimony and account will be important.
Horrible.
Imo.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think he could be out by 21 if convicted seeing as he's charged as an adult?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think he could be out by 21 if convicted seeing as he's charged as an adult?
Yes, I believe you're correct !
The adult charges should make his stay in prison that much longer.
Hoping.

I don't know what was going on at home, but I don't think Irena deserved that.
Omo.

At one point, LE said they couldn't confirm that DR took pictures to send to a friend online. If DR lied about that, what else did he lie about?

I really think it would have been easy to confirm if there had been a picture taken right before he called 911. If they couldn't find one, maybe DR is faking much of his 'persona.'

Moo..he is only 13, has he a juvenile record? He is an honor student, so intellectual. Think there should be look at family dynamics and mental assessment before they change him as adult...moo

It wasn't weird, to me. To leave him out of the photo would mean leaving him out of the new family, in his mind. If he was t in it, I would sew more cause. I would do the same, with my son.
He couldn’t be in the photo without his hand on his mother’s stomach? I personally see some possible unhealthy boundary issues, JMO.
Seriously though, just asking.

He couldn’t be in the photo without his hand on his mother’s stomach? I personally see some possible unhealthy boundary issues, JMO.
I have a teen granddaughter expecting a new sibling. I see absolutely no reason she shouldn’t put her hand on moms belly in a photo such is this.
Do you feel this way because he’s a teen boy instead of a teen girl?

Because his baby sibling is inside and it's his mama? If I was pregnant my son would definitely touch my stomach and talk to the baby. And I dont think there are unhealthy boundary issues in my world hahaha

I have a teen granddaughter expecting a new sibling. I see absolutely no reason she shouldn’t put her hand on moms belly in a photo such is this.
Do you feel this way because he’s a teen boy instead of a teen girl?
I think it's more after the fact ? ^^^

Considering the severity of the crime, I believe the charges were correct.
Wonder if Irena woke up and fought back ? :(
After the first stab, she must have woken up in terror.
Omo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back