GUILTY FL - Dontrell Melvin, 5 mos, Hallandale Beach, July 2011

This so called mother has the nerve to ask what is wrong with the world at the end of July in '11. Yeah I'll tell you what is wrong with this world....grrr

According to this Sierra is the mother who called the police saying she hadn't seen Dontrell.

The parents of a toddler missing since July 2011 have been arrested on charges of child neglect, authorities said Friday morning.

Brittany Sierra, 21, and Calvin Melvin Jr., 27, are blaming each other for the disappearance of Dontrell Melvin, who would now be nearly 2, Hallandale Beach Chief of Police Dwayne Fluornoy said at a Friday morning news conference.

Sierra contacted authorities in October 2012 because Melvin had not allowed her to see her son during the previous 16 months, Fluornoy said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-missing-hallandale-baby-20130110,0,5891429.story

At the moment I'm not convinced that she was given the run around. I think she just realized that the game was up and she had better blame somebody else fast.

If she was lying to the police she knows exactly where Dontrell is imo

Sierra similarly told police that the child was with her parents out of state, Fluornoy said.

"We know that not to be the truth," Fluornoy said.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-missing-hallandale-baby-20130110,0,5891429.story

According to this Sierra is the mother who called the police saying she hadn't seen Dontrell.

At the moment I'm not convinced that she was given the run around. I think she just realized that the game was up and she had better blame somebody else fast.

If she was lying to the police she knows exactly where Dontrell is imo

But is Sierra the biomom? That other article made it sound like she's not, and that's what I was going from.

But I may have misread.

Okay, I'm a confused newbie stepping in here. According to one of her Facebook pages (it looks like she has a couple), BJS uploaded pictures of Dontrell, including the one that is in the media, on January 19, 2012. He's clearly not 10 months old. So why did she randomly upload approximately 5-month-old pictures of him? There are also some others uploaded on that day with the older brother. People commented on some of the pictures, including someone I am assuming is her dad. They have the same last name and he comments about that being his grandson. Didn't he think it odd there weren't any recent pictures of him ever?

At the point the pictures were uploaded Dontrell had been missing for about 6 months (if I'm doing my math correctly, which is questionable at best :)). But she still waited another 9 months or so to report him missing?

I usually don't have a hard time following along, but I feel like I'm missing something obvious, because this just doesn't make sense to me.

ETA: Link to Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...6625298.-2207520000.1357930894&type=3&theater

They probably came up with the custody issues out of necessity... They had put off reporting the baby's death/disappearance for so long and so many people had not seen the baby for more than a year that it was simply not possible to blame a stranger or fake an accident any more. No one would believe a story that a bushy haired dingo stole the baby from the car 18 months ago and the family didn't report it. The only option would be to say they thought someone was caring for him.

I guess I am confused on who was allegedly supposed to have been denied custody. I initially thought it was the mother calling because Calvin left Dontrell with his parents and would not allow Sierra to see him.

But it really makes no sense that she would have no way to contact his parents.

But is Sierra the biomom? That other article made it sound like she's not, and that's what I was going from.

But I may have misread.

All articles I have read say she is. Of course not the first time media has gotten things wrong. FB accounts say she is the mother but anything can be written on FB.

Okay, I'm a confused newbie stepping in here. According to one of her Facebook pages (it looks like she has a couple), BJS uploaded pictures of Dontrell, including the one that is in the media, on January 19, 2012. He's clearly not 10 months old. So why did she randomly upload approximately 5-month-old pictures of him? There are also some others uploaded on that day with the older brother. People commented on some of the pictures, including someone I am assuming is her dad. They have the same last name and he comments about that being his grandson. Didn't he think it odd there weren't any recent pictures of him ever?

At the point the pictures were uploaded Dontrell had been missing for about 6 months (if I'm doing my math correctly, which is questionable at best :)). But she still waited another 9 months or so to report him missing?

I usually don't have a hard time following along, but I feel like I'm missing something obvious, because this just doesn't make sense to me.

MOO and JMO
I don't think she would have reported him missing even now if the family had not attracted unwanted attention. People had started asking questions.

ETA: Link to Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...6625298.-2207520000.1357930894&type=3&theater

Welcome to WS flia!

:welcome6:

But I may have misread.

Both Calvin and Sierra each had their first child with someone else. Then they had two together. Dontrell and a younger sibling of Dontrell's.

hth

I guess I am confused on who was allegedly supposed to have been denied custody. I initially thought it was the mother calling because Calvin left Dontrell with his parents and would not allow Sierra to see him.

But it really makes no sense that she would have no way to contact his parents.

Or her own...

FB's- his again-
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003261861646
and for her

http://www.facebook.com/brittneymelvin0428

http://www.facebook.com/brittney.sierra.5?fref=nf_fr

I suppose the 1st ave addy is where little Dontrell was living when he went missing

so sad how families many times become fractured to the point of a child going missing and no one knows...or cares?

BBM.

A child or a grandchild. They were living with the maternal grandmother a year ago - after Dontrell went missing. (sitting on my hands.)

About a year ago, the family moved in with Sierra’s mother, just six blocks away from their little green home on Northeast First Avenue.

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2013/01/11/4347183/father-of-florida-toddler-missing.html#storylink=cpy

Ok, let me get this. Sierra's own mother, Dontrell's maternal grandmother did not question where Dontrell was? She doesn't question why her daughter has only two of her three children? :thud: :thud:

In the presser link the spokesman says something about the family being a fragmented unit and the different parts of the family weren't in contact much so the police think the parents were able to spin stories so that different people got the different idea as to where Dontrell is.

But I am afraid it might yet turn out that people other than the parents knew that Dontrell died and did nothing.

In the presser link the spokesman says something about the family being a fragmented unit and the different parts of the family weren't in contact much so the police think the parents were able to spin stories so that different people got the different idea as to where Dontrell is.

But I am afraid it might yet turn out that people other than the parents knew that Dontrell died and did nothing.

Yes, but they were living together. Sierra, Calvin, her oldest child with a different father, and her youngest child with Calvin were ALL living with her mother. It's hard to live under the same roof with someone and not be in contact with them.....

Outside of Dontrell's mother and father, his maternal grandmother knew and also apparently did nothing. It makes zero since to have financial problems and keep your oldest and youngest, but not your middle child. No.sense.at.all.

Yes, but they were living together. Sierra, Calvin, her oldest child with a different father, and her youngest child with Calvin were ALL living with her mother. It's hard to live under the same roof with someone and not be in contact with them.....

Outside of Dontrell's mother and father, his maternal grandmother knew and also apparently did nothing. It makes zero since to have financial problems and keep your oldest and youngest, but not your middle child. No.sense.at.all.

I suppose what was meant that the maternal grandparents weren't in contact with the paternal grandparents etc. so the mother's family could have been told one set of lies and the father's family another set of lies and for a while it would fly.

Welcome.

I'm not a newbie, and I'm confused too.

Welcome.

I'm not a newbie, and I'm confused too.

I am confused- and pretty much disgusted... anyone find an age on her?

ETA: How many people can fall off the turnip truck in one family?? (as I cannot use the words I would like to on here)

...and now the mother can burn in hell with the father as far as I am concerned.

And SOMEONE needs to sort out DCF in Florida.The children of Fl are quickly becoming 'disposable'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back