FL FL - 'Fort Myers 8' (1 now UID) WhtMales Buried in Woods, Mar'07

It has to be a serial killer for that many men to be found in one place and for that many men to have disappeared between 1993-1995. Is the guy that was arrested still alive and in prison...the one whose profile fits these 8 young men? If he is still in prison then LE probably won't have to look to far.

Most of these young men look very similar. It would be helpful to know which missing men don't match these eight.

It has to be a serial killer for that many men to be found in one place and for that many men to have disappeared between 1993-1995. Is the guy that was arrested still alive and in prison...the one whose profile fits these 8 young men? If he is still in prison then LE probably won't have to look to far.

Daniel Conahan? Although i'm not sure if the time frame fits..

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of these young men look very similar. It would be helpful to know which missing men don't match these eight.

The killer definitely seems to have a "type" he likes to kill. Very similar bone structure for all eight.

I wonder if the hair and eye colors are guesses on these reconstructions. That has to be taken into consideration too.

alright ... ive never done this before ... but i thought id give this a shot ...

3317DMFL - Lonnie Michael Rodriguez

Lonnie Michael Rodriguez

he's from tampa, which is far away ... but you never know ...
i thought he resembled John Doe A

ttrachel - I agree, he does look like reconstruction A. Good work!

I think you should call it in........

Salem

It seems that a third man, Victim C, has been identified as Jon Tihay, based on DNA evidence from his family.

Hopefully, the detectives can start making connections between the 3 men identified and the remaining 5 men who are still anonymous.

Yes, Phillip Koss has been ruled out as a match. I talked with the Detective months ago and he confirmed a rule out.

Thanks Debbie,

I thought I remembered reading that he had been ruled out, but wasn't sure.

Reviewing that news story again, he was a perfect match for one of the victims, based on age, location, date of disappearance and matching some of the injuries one of the victims sustained in life (wrist fractures).

The location he was reported last seen is only a couple of miles from the crime scene, too.

They did rule him out based on DNA, correct?

It would be awesome if someone who knew any of these three men... or was at least loosely acquainted with them back in 1994-96 would come forward and describe any more men that hung around in the same 'circles' (or were employed as a temporary worker/handyman)... or any that suddenly disappeared. <modsnip: broken link>

Here's an excerpt from that story:

"Burden, in a recent letter to the Sun, said his 1994 encounter with Conahan was the "icing on the cake for me due to my own mental state of mind 12 years ago."

Burden was asked for advice on how to identify other potential Conahan victims. He recalled that there was another young man he worked with at a Fort Myers handyman service in 1994 who also disappeared about the same time.

The missing man also had made a date "to go party" with Conahan later the same night that Burden was assaulted, Burden said.

"There was talk of others at Handyman's on-the-job service of dudes missing, but that was looked at as if they just went back to where they had come from," Burden wrote."

I hope the LEOs have followed this lead.

5 more ID's to go!

Thanks Natalie.

It seems the detectives were able to locate a couple of previous addresses for Jon. Hopefully, they've checked out the day-laborer employment angle, too... since Conahan was known to fraternize with men working there. In addition, one of the articles stated that the police are not too concerned about the serial killer... leading one to believe the police know who it is and when he was removed from circulation (via death/incapacitation/incarceration).

This is looking more and more like Daniel Conahan's work. I really wonder, though, how many more of his victims are out there in the woods or near some hog trail waiting for discovery. Very sad and creepy. With these 8 victims... his suspected kill total is approaching the mid to high teens.

Thanks Bud!

They should definitely check out the day laborers, I remember thats where Jon got work from all the time. I could probably even let Barry know which one he frequently used.

And I agree about it looking like Conahan's work, sick and sad, but true :(

Hi all!!

I was looking at the Doe Network and am wondering if they did any comparision to this guy 1035UMFL to this guy Karl Eppler 1311DMFL - Kyle Andrew Carl Eppler. Let me know what you all think!!

chaddylex

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_thinking