FL - Girl, 2, dies in hot car, temp @ 107 degrees, 4 yr old climbs out, Holmes Co, 16 May 2023 *arrests*

Wednesday, July 5th:
*Arraignment Hearing for both (@ 8:30am ET) - FL - Margie (2) died after being left in hot vehicle for ~15 hours (midnight to 3pm) on 5/16/23, Prosperity, Holmes County. *Kathreen June Adams (23) "mom" arrested (5/16/22) & charged (7/3/23) with aggravated manslaughter & charged (5/19/23) with child neglect, 5 counts of possession of a controlled substance & 4 counts of possession drug paraphernalia. And for McLean only with 1 count of resist or obstruct without violence.
*Christopher Martin McLean (32), "father" arrested (5/16/22) & charged (5/19/23) with child neglect, 4 counts of possession of a controlled substance & 5 counts of possession drug paraphernalia. And for McLean only with 1 count of resist or obstruct without violence. More charges are forthcoming pending autopsy results. They will be faced with some type of manslaughter or murder charge.
2-year-old Margie died in Holmes County, Florida, on Tuesday after being left unattended in her mother's vehicle for 14 hours. The toddler's parents, 23-year-old Kathreen Adams and 32-year-old Christopher McLean, have been charged with child neglect, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of methamphetamine. However, according to law enforcement officials, more charges are forthcoming, pending the results of an autopsy that was performed Wednesday, 5/17/23. Holmes County Sheriff's deputies responded to a 911 welfare check for a home in the county, which is on the Florida-Alabama state line, just before 4 p.m. EDT on Tuesday. Upon arriving, officers found Adams holding her child in her arms. Adams reportedly told the officers she found the child unresponsive inside her house and didn't know what happened. Once investigators started questioning the mother, they quickly found inconsistencies in her story. During a press conference on Tuesday, Holmes County Sheriff John Tate said the father was not cooperating with deputies during questioning. Adams eventually admitted she picked up her children from a babysitter around midnight and decided to leave them both in the vehicle. Officials say the 4-year-old child was able to get out of the car, and the Department of Children & Families currently has that child under custody. The mom did confess to leaving the child in the car for about 14 hours.
Judge Russell Sterling Roberts presiding.

5/19/23: Both: Case filed. Initial status of arrest entered. Complaint & narrative & first appearance. 5/22/23: No defense attorney assigned to FACC.CLERICUS. Defendants in custody of County jail. Next arraignment hearing on 7/5/23 @ 8:30am before Judge Russell Roberts. Notice to appear sent to defendants in jail.
7/3/23 Update: Adams has been charged (7/3/23) with aggravated manslaughter. The same charge for McLean is pending review by the State Attorney’s Office.

Ugh. I kind of agree with the LE officer.... meth is a horrible drug, and can make people do horrible things. But, no matter how illegal it is, and repeated warnings of what it can do to a person, people still get hooked on the stuff every day. These parents should be taken out and shot. I don't care what happens to the adults but the children have to suffer and that makes me furious!!

Any news on their arraignment? Plead guilty - hopefully, maybe???!!

TIA if anyone can provide anything! :) I can not access the Holmes County court site.

Bumping up again - as I have no access to Holmes County court site! :)

Just got this article in my Alerts.

Sept. 28, 2023
HOLMES COUNTY, Fla. (WTVY) - Christopher McLean, father of 2-year-old Margie McLean who passed away on May 16, has been charged with aggravated manslaughter in connection with his daughter’s death.
[.....]
In addition to the initial charges, Adams also is charged with aggravated manslaughter.

So @PayrollNerd - wondering if this new charge is in the court site yet?
I have them both on pretrial felony hearing on 10/18/23 for the other charges against them.

TIA! :)

Holmes County Sheriff’s deputies announced Thursday that Christopher McLean is charged with aggravated manslaughter.

The toddler’s mother, Kathreen Adams, was previously charged with aggravated manslaughter.

Holmes County Sheriff’s deputies announced Thursday that Christopher McLean is charged with aggravated manslaughter.

The toddler’s mother, Kathreen Adams, was previously charged with aggravated manslaughter.

I must have missed the Previously Charged... all had were the abuse/neglect & possession. But I have added it.

In one of the recent articles - it said she was also charged with aggravated manslaughter, so it looked to me like a new charge.

@PayrollNerd - wondering if McLean & Adams new charges - aggravated manslaughter have been put into the court site yet? Have note to ask. They was charged on 9/28/23.

TIA! I have a pretrial hearing for them both on 10/18/23.

Wednesday, October 18th:
*Pretrial Felony Hearing for both (@ 8:30am ET) - FL – Margie (2) died after being left in hot vehicle for ~15 hours (midnight to 3pm) on 5/16/23, Prosperity, Holmes County. *Kathreen June Adams (23/now 24) "mom" arrested (5/16/22) & charged (7/3/23) with aggravated manslaughter & charged (5/19/23) with child neglect, 5 counts of possession of a controlled substance & 4 counts of possession drug paraphernalia. *Charged (9/28/23) with aggravated manslaughter.
*Christopher Martin McLean (32/now 33) "father" arrested (5/16/22) & charged (5/19/23) with child neglect, 4 counts of possession of a controlled substance & 5 counts of possession drug paraphernalia. And for McLean only with 1 count of resist or obstruct without violence. *Charged (9/28/23) with aggravated manslaughter.
Case & court info from 5/16/23 thru 5/22/23 reference post #21 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...t-holmes-co-16-may-2023-arrests.678397/page-2

7/3/23 Update: Adams has been charged (7/3/23) with aggravated manslaughter. The same charge for McClean is pending review by the State Attorney’s Office. Arraignment hearing for both on 7/5/23. 6/26/23: Adams: Information charging filed by State. Prosecutor phase: Action of filed with status of amended entered for Count 1, 2 & 7. 7/5/23 Update: Adams & McLean: Notice to appear given to attorney in open court. Assessment 1 assessed at sum $50. Compliance default due 30 days has been created with due date of 8/4/23. 7/7/23: McLean: Defense attorney-no; assigned to FACC.Clericus. 7/10/23: Motion to appoint conflict counsel. Order appointing the office of criminal conflict & civil regional counsel, Region 1. 7/11/23: Defense attorney Joseph Alldredge assigned. Notice of appearance. 7/14/23: Adams: Demand for Discovery. 8/15/23: McLean & Adams: State's response to demand for Discovery, State's discovery response & demand for reciprocal discovery.
9/21/23: McLean & Adams: Addendum to State's response to demand for discovery. Next pretrial felony hearing scheduled on 10/18/23 @ 8:30am. Adams: Defense attorney Russell S. Barrett assigned to FACC.Cericus. McLean: Motion to appoint conflict counsel. Defense attorney: criminal conflict.
9/28/23 Update: McLean, father of 2-year-old Margie who passed away on May 16, has been charged with aggravated manslaughter in connection with his daughter’s death. In addition to the initial charges, Adams also is charged with aggravated manslaughter.

Reactions: nao
@PayrollNerd - only when you have time. Wondering about their new aggravated manslaughter charges if they are listed yet & if there is a hearing date for them.
Also on 10/18/23 they had a pretrial for both on the child neglect, etc.

TIA! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back