FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So her ipod was missing also.

Employer says she wasn't shedule for off property on Tuesday. She didn't answer her cell phone prior to 9 am (boyfriends meeting).

I wonder what time she was scheduled to start work.
I wonder what time the alarm was set for.
That would be the window of opportunity.

Beyond Belief said:
So her ipod was missing also.

Employer says she wasn't shedule for off property on Tuesday. She didn't answer her cell phone prior to 9 am (boyfriends meeting).

I wonder what time she was scheduled to start work.
I wonder what time the alarm was set for.
That would be the window of opportunity.
so many questions not answered. you are good BB-
i posted the transcripts, but haven't read them yet. LOL

there is just so much info in the morning i can absorb!

I'd also like to know what her habits with the ipod are.......like does she go walking in the a.m.........drive with it......

I still want to know about the original thing said about mailing something. I wonder if it was something she needed to mailfor work, and if there is someone at work who would know exactly where she would be at what time that morning.
Is this a real estate crime? Did she meet someone, off the record, on her way to work? Did she grab a commission from another employee, who got ticked off? Does she work with rentals?
Who called and left messages while she was on vacation. What phone calls were made on her cell phone?

If they think the poi is walking away from her car at noon on Tues, then he had her and her car for at least 4 hours someplace. She could be anywhere.

He may have only wanted the use of the car. I wonder what else happened that day. Bank robberies, store robberies, etc. that the car could have been used in.

WKMG - local 6 noon news - Thurs. 2/9/06

The "picture of the POI" people have been seeing on the news & internet 'may be' a bit misleading. Definitely NOT a good pic to start with.

Crime scene technicians who have been working with the surveillance video & the images say that the images may NOT be an accurate representation of the color of the shirt & pants that the poi is wearing. Although it appears that the shirt is white - that is only because of the camera & the clothing could actually be 'any color'.

Meantime - Kesse's friends, family & a number of volunteers are back at the Mall at Millenia as they are preparing for another mass search effort this weekend. Last weekend - they had 1100 volunteers who helped with the search effort. This weekend, they are hoping for a repeat.

Calls are currently being made to all the volunteers who came out last weekend and asking those folks to come back & bring their friends, neighbors, co-workers. Police officers & firefighters (on their own time) have been coming out all week to help with the search.

Anyone wishing to help find Jennifer can come to the "Mall at Millenia Community Room" today or tomorrow between 8:30 am & 5 pm and register with Child Watch.

(personal opinion: It's a simple easy registration - and you receive a picture ID that you wear to identify yourself as a Child Watch volunteer.)

It was reported that Jennifer Kesse's friends & family are coming up with some creative new ways to get the word out about her disappearance. More on that will be revealed in the evening broadcast.

CRIMELINE - 1 800 423 - TIPS

13th Juror

Well thats interesting about the color of the clothing. I also see alot of creases in the trousers which could mean that they are cargo pants of some kind. The shirt is probably a t shirt. I think I'll look at it will color again.

I think everyone was thinking about a workman. He's probably wearing a toolbelt and carrying tools. I also thought it was strange that he would appear at 12 noon which would be the time construction workers break for lunch. I wonder if one of them did a disappearing act during the morning hours. That apt being unlocked and empty is a place that should be investigated.
This is something weird I saw the first photo, so I'll share. I was coloring on his shirt. Look at the lines coming from the neckline, joining at the bottom with something round-like at the bottom of the V.
Could be a necklace, a zipper, a stethoscope.
http://photobucket.com/albums/d179/Kafthy/?action=view&current=Zipper.jpg

"On The Record" - Greta

Before Greta left for Hopkinton, MA to cover the Entwistle case tonight - "live" outside of the family home - she & her crew made a trip earlier today to Orlando to cover the Kesse disappearance.

Accompanied by Drew & Joyce Kesse - Greta took a videotaped tour inside Jennifer's condo, the storage area, parking lot (Jen's space 2226), Huntington On The Green condos where her car was located, the gated pool area where the poi was captured on film, etc ...

Only the front of the Condos where Jennifer lived was gated & secured. The back part (woods area) was not gated or secured in any way. There were NO security cameras anywhere - something that the parents said they had been beating themselves up about. They said the gated entrance was deceiving as the condos appeared so secure that they didn't consider the lack of security cameras. From the interview - I got the distinct feeling that Jennifer's parents had purchased the $200,000.+ condo for her.

Also - the front door locks had NOT been changed yet as Jennifer still had repairs being done from her 'punch list' and maintenance would need access to the residence.

The clothes left on Jen's unmade bed were 2 skirts and a pair of slacks. The clothes she wore to work on Monday were still laying neatly on the back of a chair in the bedroom.

After returning from her St. Croix trip - Jen had spoken with her Mom on Monday morning as they were both driving to work. She spoke on the phone with her Dad at 6:30 pm as she returned home that Mon. evening. 10 p.m. - a conversation with her boyfriend in Ft. Lauderdale. Tuesday a.m. Jennifer Kesse was missing.

The Kesse segment comes on about 41 minutes into the program. Worth watching if you are interested in this case.

13th Juror

thanks, 13th Juror--so sad that we learn these things in hindsight and in this case a tragic one. i think we all take so much of this for granted and learn the worse when something bad happens.

I know I do...this is a very, very good reminder.

13th Juror said:

"On The Record" - Greta

Before Greta left for Hopkinton, MA to cover the Entwistle case tonight - "live" outside of the family home - she & her crew made a trip earlier today to Orlando to cover the Kesse disappearance.

Accompanied by Drew & Joyce Kesse - Greta took a videotaped tour inside Jennifer's condo, the storage area, parking lot (Jen's space 2226), Huntington On The Green condos where her car was located, the gated pool area where the poi was captured on film, etc ...

Only the front of the Condos where Jennifer lived was gated & secured. The back part (woods area) was not gated or secured in any way. There were NO security cameras anywhere - something that the parents said they had been beating themselves up about. They said the gated entrance was deceiving as the condos appeared so secure that they didn't consider the lack of security cameras. From the interview - I got the distinct feeling that Jennifer's parents had purchased the $200,000.+ condo for her.

Also - the front door locks had NOT been changed yet as Jennifer still had repairs being done from her 'punch list' and maintenance would need access to the residence.

The clothes left on Jen's unmade bed were 2 skirts and a pair of slacks. The clothes she wore to work on Monday were still laying neatly on the back of a chair in the bedroom.

After returning from her St. Croix trip - Jen had spoken with her Mom on Monday morning as they were both driving to work. She spoke on the phone with her Dad at 6:30 pm as she returned home that Mon. evening. 10 p.m. - a conversation with her boyfriend in Ft. Lauderdale. Tuesday a.m. Jennifer Kesse was missing.

The Kesse segment comes on about 41 minutes into the program. Worth watching if you are interested in this case.

13th Juror

Good review 13th Juror! I also saw the program, and the lady LE officer pointed out how the posts of the fence blocked a view of the passerby by the security camera. IMO that security camera is a guise of false security.

Lots of Condo residences have the gates, but they mean nothing. Not unless they also have the entire area fenced in and have a guard house, with a fulltime attentdant on duty.

Even when they are admittable by 'code' or having a resident unlock the gate from their condo, any driver can follow another driver right in.

Oh and also, one of the media reports stated, Jennifer's parent said, Jennifer was so proud because she had bought the condo on her own.

13th Juror said:

"On The Record" - Greta

13th Juror

Darn, I fell asleep.

LaMer said:
Good review 13th Juror! I also saw the program, and the lady LE officer pointed out how the posts of the fence blocked a view of the passerby by the security camera. IMO that security camera is a guise of false security.

Lots of Condo residences have the gates, but they mean nothing. Not unless they also have the entire area fenced in and have a guard house, with a fulltime attentdant on duty.

Even when they are admittable by 'code' or having a resident unlock the gate from their condo, any driver can follow another driver right in.

Oh and also, one of the media reports stated, Jennifer's parent said, Jennifer was so proud because she had bought the condo on her own.
Wow, what is the point of only gating the front! I never knew places did that. I assumed if they had security, they went all out. That is really disturbing. Do they really think criminals are that dumb? Also, I would think that the front gate would give most residents a false sense of security that might cause them to let their guard down more than if they were living somewhere without any security. I think it's horrifying that something like this happened to someone that *did* have concerns. Just the fact that she mentioned concerns means she did have her guard up, and someone still got to her.

I know that in alot of places when you sign a lease even when there are security gates and such they say that they really aren't "security gates" and they are not responsible for your personal protection.

LaMer said:

Good morning LaMer n' all :)

I'm so glad someone besides me saw the segment. lol

Yes, I agree - Barbara Jones (I believe that's her name) with the Orlando Police Dept accompanied Greta at the site where the car was located. I noticed when she was showing Greta the gated pool/clubhouse area where the camera is located on top of the clubhouse building - that the sidewalk outside of the gates where the POI was walking was at least another 10 feet from the iron fencing. IMO - the quality of the photographs is extremely poor.

I have to admit - I was appalled to learn that the entire condo complex was not secured by an appropriate wall or secure fencing. Also that there were apparently NO security cameras at the gated entrance.

Personal note ...

We live in what's called a bedroom community in the suburbs of NW Seminole Co. - just north of Orlando & Orange Co. Thankfully, our entire community is walled - not just the gated security area at the guard house. There are security cameras as well as closed circuit TV. The security personnel know all the residents. If a person who is not a resident attempts to gain entry - the resident is called for permission.

Because I felt so safe - a careless mistake to be sure - I rarely ever locked my doors during the day or took the kind of precautions that all of us should - no matter where we live. I truly learned my lesson the hard way.

A teen-age neighbor & a couple of his buddies (who were all residents here) were "bored" last summer and broke into several homes in our community - letting themselves in through unlocked screened patio doors in the pool deck area. They proceeded to help themselves to cash, checks, credit cards, coin collections, jewelry, laptops, blackberrys, DVDs, electronic equipment, "a gun", and the list goes on & on. In all - 13 homes were burglarized that I am aware of. These were "spoiled over-indulged kids" from prominent families who already had it all - more "stuff" than any of them needed to amuse themselves.

One kid's father is a well known criminal defense attorney - another is a board certified cardiologist - another owns several highly successful restaurant franchises. Needless to say - these "kids" are well represented legally and will probably never receive 'the justice' they truly deserve.

Bottom line - I learned a really valuable lesson and am MUCH more careful about my personal security & that of my family & home. I am no longer naive or careless about security & safety.

And I totally agree with LaMer that the remote devices (like garage door openers) or punch in keypads for codes that open gates at many gated communities are almost worthless. People sneak in behind the vehicle in front of them all the time. False sense of security to be sure!

Back to the Greta broadcast...

One could really feel the desperation that the Kesse parents are experiencing over the disappearance of their daughter. I simply can not imagine what they are going through! It's inconceivable to me.

As Jennifer's Mom said - 'Aliens did not take her!' - 'we are not ignorant people (they know the probabilities) but we are keeping a positive energy in our thoughts & search for Jen.'

To whoever has her -- they are tenacious & not giving up.

I am so pleased that Greta made the trip down here yesterday to give these parents the national exposure they needed. If I'm not mistaken - (unless it gets bumped again) I think Larry King still has the Kesse family scheduled for this coming Monday night (2/13).

13th Juror

Good Morning 13th Juror and ALL!

In today's news: Saying the person in the security picture, man not have been wearing white

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...,7018331.story?coll=orl-news-headlines-orange

I would love to know if they have a suspect, being LE gave one person a polygraph test. Could it have been a worker, or possibly the boyfriend?

I can't remember reading if he had an alibi. Only that he lived about 3 hours away. Does anyone know?

New Details Released In Disappearance Of Jennifer Kesse

POSTED: 4:37 pm EST February 10, 2006
UPDATED: 5:31 pm EST February 10, 2006

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Late Friday afternoon, Channel 9 confirmed new information about the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse. The 24-year-old woman has been missing for more than two and a half weeks.

Police are confirming that Jennifer may have left her home at Mosaic at Millenia on Monday night or Tuesday morning looking for a roadside mailbox to mail a package. They will not say where or whether she made it there, but the package is also missing.

Jennifer's family now confirms her younger brother Logan had stayed at her condo with several of his friends while she was on vacation the weekend before she vanished. Police have had that information from the beginning.

"Absolutely they've looked at them. They've had multiple discussions with them. They will go through the same thing everyone else will go through," said Jennifer's father, Drew.

Channel 9 has also learned one of those friends left a cell phone at Jennifer’s condo and asked her to overnight it. The Monday night or Tuesday morning she disappeared, she may have left her condo looking for a roadside drop box to mail that cell phone. The package is missing and never made it to its destination.

More at link..........

absolut said:
New Details Released In Disappearance Of Jennifer Kesse

POSTED: 4:37 pm EST February 10, 2006
UPDATED: 5:31 pm EST February 10, 2006

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Late Friday afternoon, Channel 9 confirmed new information about the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse. The 24-year-old woman has been missing for more than two and a half weeks.

Police are confirming that Jennifer may have left her home at Mosaic at Millenia on Monday night or Tuesday morning looking for a roadside mailbox to mail a package. They will not say where or whether she made it there, but the package is also missing.

Jennifer's family now confirms her younger brother Logan had stayed at her condo with several of his friends while she was on vacation the weekend before she vanished. Police have had that information from the beginning.

"Absolutely they've looked at them. They've had multiple discussions with them. They will go through the same thing everyone else will go through," said Jennifer's father, Drew.

Channel 9 has also learned one of those friends left a cell phone at Jennifer’s condo and asked her to overnight it. The Monday night or Tuesday morning she disappeared, she may have left her condo looking for a roadside drop box to mail that cell phone. The package is missing and never made it to its destination.

More at link..........
Well this seems bizarre

How come we didn't hear about the brother and his friends staying there before this? That immediately puts a different light on this subject, I'd say.

I don't think the brother had anything to do with that (if that's what people are speculating). I doubt the friends did either but I could be wrong. I am sure the brother and the friend feel terrible if she went missing while going to a mailbox to send the phone back.

give the impression that the brother had anything to do with it, but it said his "friends" were there also. It wouldn't be the first time that this type of thing happened, where a 'friend' of a family member is involved in a murder of a loved one.

Anyway, it's just that I thought it was strange that the parents hadn't mentioned the fact that anyone had stayed there, as they were touring the apartment with Greta and showing how her clothes were left and such. To me it just seems like it should have been mentioned before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125