FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another apts complex behaind mosaic. The poi could have lived there,he could easily walk there from Jennifer's apt. Took the backeay, behind the complex.

Garden tool belt/holster

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This is an interesting possibility. I also asked awhile back about possibility of a device similar to what I saw hanging off belt of a delivery driver.

It does look to me like pants are cinched at bottom which was consistent with a bike rider but also as Drew observed. The knee looks bulky to me like a kneepad which wasn't consistent with a bike rider but I saw frequently in SWAT type law enforcement uniforms. That could be landscaping oriented also.

If I could see a Y shaped thigh strapping to a holder that would go a long way toward matching up with what the POI is wearing.

Garden tool belt/holster

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

that was my first thought......tool belt..maybe specialized like for irrigation(underground sprinklers),carpentry(stud finder),sheetrocker or electrical.

I noticed that too the second time I watched it the other day (I must have missed it when it first aired last June). Drew thinks the pants leg is held together at the bottom with a rubber band, which is how the landscapers at Jennifer's complex wore their pants. How I wish we could go back and have the names of every single person who was working at the condos in early 2006. I really feel one of them knows something.

Using rubber bands on the pants legs is also how some of those that ride a bicycle (like bike commuters) do while riding. To keep the pants legs from rubbing the chain and getting oil marks on the pants.

What actual colour were the landscapers uniforms? Bearing in mind the issue with the camera showing dark/black clothing as light/white?

I was happy to hear this case get some coverage. I caught a repeat of the Vanished with Beth Holloway episode, and I thought In Sight Podcast did a really good job.

The one thing that bothers me about this case, is it said she MAY have left to go mail the phone that night....But without postage, where would she have done that at that time of night. I'm sure it's been covered before, it just bugs me a bit. Besides eBay, I know online postage wasn't AS common as it is now, so that always nags at the back of my skull. Though I feel she did get taken in the morning, not at night.

The condo complex where JK's car was found parked - did she know anyone who lived there?

And when she and her BF were in St Croix did she meet anyone there?

Also - was anything ever discovered that might make her want to return to St Croix without telling anyone else?

I was happy to hear this case get some coverage. I caught a repeat of the Vanished with Beth Holloway episode, and I thought In Sight Podcast did a really good job.

The one thing that bothers me about this case, is it said she MAY have left to go mail the phone that night....But without postage, where would she have done that at that time of night. I'm sure it's been covered before, it just bugs me a bit. Besides eBay, I know online postage wasn't AS common as it is now, so that always nags at the back of my skull. Though I feel she did get taken in the morning, not at night.

The first thing I said when I read police suggested that was that unless she had her own FedEx account and kept suitable packaging for a cellphone at home she wasn't going to be dropping anything off that night. Note that the whole point of any notion of her going out right away was the request to essentially send one day delivery. While getting it sent that night wouldn't be any quicker than the sending the next day, them basis of my thinking was of getting it taken care of rather tahn having to leave work to do it.

Of course since then there were numerous posted comments that she would send from work, but I never got a clear answer that she had a history of mailing packages from work. This has been discussed in depth, but nevertheless no clear answer was ever given. The best answer given with some authority was 1) that she would have mailed from work, and 2) she did not consider it urgent, but there was no 3) yes, she did send packages from work before and therefore known she handled packages that way. The answer to 3) is what is important to me.

What is interesting is this mail business. I see the police suggested she might have been looking for "a roadside mail box" to mail a package. But same WFTV news article ends with friend asked her to overnight it, and she may have been looking for "a roadside drop box" to mail the phone.

It is true it'd be somewhat easier to mail a package. You still need a large cardboard mailer to put the phone in and I have no idea how anyone would know how much postage to put on it or where you'd get the postage for it. And if you're mailing it then 1) that isn't quick, and 2) there's absolutely no reason to go out and put it in a mailbox at night.

So I checked on FedEx stores in her area and apparently did not find any 24 hour stores in the area, and also there may have been something convenient close to work if not using her work mailing facilities. It was my thought back then that she went out early to take care of it and never came back. But that was 10 years before I read about the two cellphones going dead at 10:40 pm.

I came to the conclusion awhile back that she was taking the phone over to her ex-bf for him to take care of if she had an inclination he was nearby as he was. I just don't see how the looking for a mail box or drop box is possible. For that matter the early police reports mentioned the cell phone package and there was quite frankly no way to know if it had been placed in any package or in anything in particular such as the briefcase, etc.

If she didn't meet up with somebody that night, wouldn't that be in her phone records/log?

If she didn't meet up with somebody that night, wouldn't that be in her phone records/log?

well first there's only 40 minutes of potential phone logging. Communications ended with both phones at 10:40 pm per Drew via authorities and there was no call activity in those 40 minutes after her call with her bf ended.

When I say I came to conclusion she went to take the phone somewhere like to her ex-bf, she obviously didn't phone ahead if she went anywhere and with such a short amount of time my thought is she was abducted in a parking lot before seeing anyone.

That's just my conclusion. I guess a lot of people think someone gained entrance to her condo (and was someone she knew well). It's beyond my comprehension of a jilted ex or wanna be bf finding and disabling all cell phones and taking those and everything else with Jennifer somewhere. That's the behavior of a hardened abductor. I guess anything is possible, but it's really really unlikely.

Also, what about her passport?

Did that disappear along with her? Did she leave it in her apartment when she returned from her trip to St Croix?

The condo complex where JK's car was found parked - did she know anyone who lived there?

And when she and her BF were in St Croix did she meet anyone there?

Also - was anything ever discovered that might make her want to return to St Croix without telling anyone else?

To answer your questions:
1.) Not to anyone's knowledge or that the family would have known, When I talked to Drew years back about a possible sighting, it wasn't a topic of conversation. No one was publicly announced that they were interviewed outside of the tenant that reported the vehicle.

2.)Meet someone as in romantically or friendly, nothing reported that I've seen

3.)Nothing discovered, Family would think it would be highly unlikely that she would leave without telling, also doesn't explain leaving car behind and not calling into work..

While most speculation has been around FedEx, many larger post offices have a self-service kiosk that is open 24 hours. These were in service already during the time period she disappeared. Again, it wouldn't get there any faster than mailing the next day would.

Also:

Does anyone know where her car was during the time she went missing?

Has the airport where she left for St Croix also been checked out?

And whoever that person is caught on video - is it possible that was someone who could have dropped her off and returned the car in front of his/her apartment?

The first thing I said when I read police suggested that was that unless she had her own FedEx account and kept suitable packaging for a cellphone at home she wasn't going to be dropping anything off that night. Note that the whole point of any notion of her going out right away was the request to essentially send one day delivery. While getting it sent that night wouldn't be any quicker than the sending the next day, them basis of my thinking was of getting it taken care of rather tahn having to leave work to do it.

Of course since then there were numerous posted comments that she would send from work, but I never got a clear answer that she had a history of mailing packages from work. This has been discussed in depth, but nevertheless no clear answer was ever given. The best answer given with some authority was 1) that she would have mailed from work, and 2) she did not consider it urgent, but there was no 3) yes, she did send packages from work before and therefore known she handled packages that way. The answer to 3) is what is important to me.

What is interesting is this mail business. I see the police suggested she might have been looking for "a roadside mail box" to mail a package. But same WFTV news article ends with friend asked her to overnight it, and she may have been looking for "a roadside drop box" to mail the phone.

It is true it'd be somewhat easier to mail a package. You still need a large cardboard mailer to put the phone in and I have no idea how anyone would know how much postage to put on it or where you'd get the postage for it. And if you're mailing it then 1) that isn't quick, and 2) there's absolutely no reason to go out and put it in a mailbox at night.

So I checked on FedEx stores in her area and apparently did not find any 24 hour stores in the area, and also there may have been something convenient close to work if not using her work mailing facilities. It was my thought back then that she went out early to take care of it and never came back. But that was 10 years before I read about the two cellphones going dead at 10:40 pm.

I came to the conclusion awhile back that she was taking the phone over to her ex-bf for him to take care of if she had an inclination he was nearby as he was. I just don't see how the looking for a mail box or drop box is possible. For that matter the early police reports mentioned the cell phone package and there was quite frankly no way to know if it had been placed in any package or in anything in particular such as the briefcase, etc.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was odd. Also that either phone hasn't been found also strikes me as incredibly convenient.

Also:

Does anyone know where her car was during the time she went missing?

Has the airport where she left for St Croix also been checked out?

And whoever that person is caught on video - is it possible that was someone who could have dropped her off and returned the car in front of his/her apartment?

Great inquisitive questions:

1.)Not that anyone has publicized

2.)Im not sure if it was thought of since there was no activity on her accounts. But I would have to find citation on that. I did think at one point that that she might of left on her own accord, but I have long since thought that since talking to her dad years and years ago.

3.)Anything is possible, but I think, like most do was that It was left in a rough part of town to dump the car and throw LE off. I don't think they lived there since the a.)Walked away and b.)Had no idea of the security of the Huntington apartment, but maybe knew of the lack of the security of the Mosiac. Odd that this low budget apartment complex had a better security set up then the expensive Mosiac.. I lived in the area in 04-05

Great inquisitive questions:

1.)Not that anyone has publicized

2.)Im not sure if it was thought of since there was no activity on her accounts. But I would have to find citation on that. I did think at one point that that she might of left on her own accord, but I have long since thought that since talking to her dad years and years ago.

3.)Anything is possible, but I think, like most do was that It was left in a rough part of town to dump the car and throw LE off. I don't think they lived there since the a.)Walked away and b.)Had no idea of the security of the Huntington apartment, but maybe knew of the lack of the security of the Mosiac. Odd that this low budget apartment complex had a better security set up then the expensive Mosiac.. I lived in the area in 04-05

Thank you, that next leads me to ask:

If this was a random or targeted act of crime and JK is dead, would the perp had taken her car and park it where he did?

Also, what about her luggage used for her trip to St Croix?

Has that been accounted for?

Thank you, that next leads me to ask:

If this was a random or targeted act of crime and JK is dead, would the perp had taken her car and park it where he did?

Also, what about her luggage used for her trip to St Croix?

Has that been accounted for?

Im happy t o keep the conversation going..

1.)Texas Ave is bad news...It's funny that literally in a two block distance, It goes from ultra rich, Conway part.(Mosiac,Mall of Millennia) to Americana.(Huntington Greens Apt, Cash and Carry etc). It was dropped of because its local or just to throw someone off thinking its a crime area ruse.

2.) I found this from a message board transcript of "Vanished w/ Beth Holloway" with the mom.... ill try to locate the actual transcript to see if its accurate or just re watch the show...

Jennifer's mom mentioned in an interview done for the program "Vanished" that her daughter was safety conscious and never switched off her cellphone. Her travel bag was never unpacked as her family found it in the condo, unopened. Did she ever sleep in her bed that Monday night because they found a pile of folded clothes on her neatly made bed. As she never unpacked her travel bag, the clothes could have been extra clothes that she left on the bed prior to the trip that did not fit in her travel bag. Did she normally take showers before bedtime or only in the mornings before work? Her family found the shower still wet and the blow dryer out. Would she drive to work without her handbag and sunglasses? It was found on a table. In my opinion something happened on Monday night after Rob spoke to her at 22H00. Possibly one or maybe two of the workers staying at one of the vacant rooms at the complex where Jennifer lived used the cover of darkness to abduct her. Why would he risk doing this in the morning in broad daylight when his co-workers can witness the abduction? He made sure to take along her briefcase that contained the cellphones that he switched off at 22H40, her purse and iPod, and locked her door when leaving to create the impression that there were no intruders. He used her car to dump her in a far remote location because he only returned at 12H39 on Tuesday to a spot 1 mile from her complex. Obviously he felt it was to risky to park her car in broad daylight at her usual parking spot in front of her complex, in case a co-worker would recognize him or witness see him. He walked the mile back to the complex where Jennifer lived, hoping that no one noticed he was late or absent from the site during the morning. The police dog traced his scent from the car back to Jennifer's complex. A CCTV camera alongside the road recorded him wearing a white t shirt with cream colored pants and black shoes. Sadly, he did not have robbery in mind, as nothing was stolen except her life. I hope this case gets solved and justice served.

Shin Masamura, thank you, well at least her luggage has been accounted for.

Of course it would help if we had a clue where her car was at the time between it left her apartment property, then returned at someone else's, not to mention who parked her car. I too hope this case is solved and justice served.

At this point, just hope for new evidence to show up.

Has there been any news since LE retested the items found in her car?

http://www.wesh.com/article/police-...-woman-missing-for-nearly-10-years-1/37583782

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat