FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The place where her car was left was walking distance from her condo and a rough area.

There was a false sense of security since it was a "new" gated development but since it was still in construction there was little safety as there was open access 24/7 due to construction.
Nadia, I remember now that my realtor mentioned this: The false sense of security by young people, as it was the beginnings of a new development with a "hip" vibe. Her point was that if you weren't aware of the backdrop, and only paid attention to the fashionable vibe, you weren't seeing reality. Mosaic was marketing to young, professional, fashionable people just like Jennifer, but young people aren't always the best judge of things, and especially if they weren't from the area, wouldn't realize that the surroundings were still quite, quite sketchy.

I also think that one of the least safe situations for early purchasers in developments is empty/partially empty buildings. I've been there myself, although on a much, much smaller scale and I hated it. I couldn't wait for all the units to be occupied. Creepy workers going in and out, doing laundry in an empty basement with no one around. I'll never forget it.

Data from realtor.com’s app showing number of units in building. Jennifer’s building circled in red.
View attachment 320861
Zoomed out pic of Mosaic Complex. Her building circled in red.
View attachment 320862
In this photo I split her unit in 1/2 (red line). The paths to the 14 apartments on Jennifer’s side are highlighted in blue, and the paths to the 14 apartments on the other side are highlighted in yellow. Her parking spot has a black x.
View attachment 320863
Another view of her apartment building. The path to the 14 apartments on Jennifer’s side is highlighted in blue, and the path to the 14 apartments on the other side is highlighted in yellow. Her parking spot has a black x. The red x is the location of her parents in the pic below.
View attachment 320864
View attachment 320865
I’m just trying to show people that even though there were a lot of condos at the Mosaic, it would be logistically challenging for the abductor to use most of them without causing a major scene.

Nadia, I remember now that my realtor mentioned this: The false sense of security by young people, as it was the beginnings of a new development with a "hip" vibe. Her point was that if you weren't aware of the backdrop, and only paid attention to the fashionable vibe, you weren't seeing reality. Mosaic was marketing to young, professional, fashionable people just like Jennifer, but young people aren't always the best judge of things, and especially if they weren't from the area, wouldn't realize that the surroundings were still quite, quite sketchy.

I also think that one of the least safe situations for early purchasers in developments is empty/partially empty buildings. I've been there myself, although on a much, much smaller scale and I hated it. I couldn't wait for all the units to be occupied. Creepy workers going in and out, doing laundry in an empty basement with no one around. I'll never forget it.
The part of her building that was accessible via her steps and breezeways wasn’t as much as it seems. There were only 13 other units. I’ve bumped my post detailing the layout. If I remember correctly she had 1 neighbor on her floor, one neighbor on the third floor, and one neighbor on the first. For me it helped a lot to break it down like this and focus on just the side of the building that was easily accessible.

I've always believed the car and where it was, and wasn't, found is the missing piece. I agree it was left there by someone who got the description of where to leave it wrong. Which begs the key question, why bring it back at all? The answer, to me, is to make it look like Jennifer disappeared from her residence, not from wherever she actually did.
Yeah, but no.

The killer abducted Jen in her own car. After the murder, the car was parked at HOTG because the killer either lived or worked at Mosaic, but could obviously not just swing by in Jen's car and return it to her parking bay without attracting attention. However, if he walked from HOTG and just strolled into the Mosaic complex, nobody would look twice.

Short story: the killer lived/worked in Mosiac and needed a ride back after disposing of her remains.

Yeah, but no.

The killer abducted Jen in her own car. After the murder, the car was parked at HOTG because the killer either lived or worked at Mosaic, but could obviously not just swing by in Jen's car and return it to her parking bay without attracting attention. However, if he walked from HOTG and just strolled into the Mosaic complex, nobody would look twice.

Short story: the killer lived/worked in Mosiac and needed a ride back after disposing of her remains.

Maybe, I think there was another vehicle involved but it was a worker at mosaic imo

If another vehicle was involved, he/they could have left Jen's car anywhere because he/they would not need a ride back.

Her car was too clean, it was only gone 4 hours. I think she was put in another vehicle and her car was taken by another accomplice.

Yeah, but no.

I agree, I think this is the most likely situation. Once we get very far from this, we are really reaching -just creating facts and scenarios out of thin air.

I always go back to "worked in Mosiac", due to things such as simple opportunity and that Jennifer felt uncomfortable enough regarding the workers to mention it, and there's just nothing solid that really points in another direction. Also, the car being parked so close by. The scenario described above seems to fit nicely with it. Much more so than other scenarios, IMO.

Yeah, but no.

There isn’t any physical evidence to support her being put inside her vehicle. They found over 100 prints inside the car so it must not have been cleaned as well as we all originally thought for years. To me that says that the poi just moved the car and was careful not to touch anything besides what he/she had to. They probably wore gloves when moving it. The console between the driver and passenger seat looked undisturbed. Look at the way the pills and key are just sitting there. They would probably be knocked off if any commotion happened inside her vehicle. There isn’t any evidence to support where the poi went after he dropped off her car. The dog that returned to Mosaic was tracking Jennifer’s scent. There was another dog that tracked to Park Central apartments that may have been the poi, but they aren’t sure.

Attachments

• 7DE57987-1C1B-4697-868D-D3B810D8A551.jpeg
    7DE57987-1C1B-4697-868D-D3B810D8A551.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 17
Do you have a theory as to why her car was taken if she wasn't taken in it?

Reading back, I guess your theory is that she went out to meet someone the night before. Whoever she met killed her. Her vehicle was at that point in a location that would point to that someone, so he moved/had it moved away from their meeting spot. Is that it? TIA.

Last edited:
What I find amazing about this case is that, despite video evidence, there doesn't seem to be anything of substance that is helpful in solving it. I think it's likely not going to be solved.

It's interesting how many security cameras there are all over the place, yet they often aren't helpful in solving disappearances/murders. Off the top of my head: That guy who disappeared in Indianna at the bar (can't think of his name); Scott Rattigan, Missy Beavers, Liz Barazza. There are many, many more.

The video quality in this case was horrendous and very unlucky

You think, despite her being "security conscious", she went out by herself at night? (I mean, left the apartment by herself.)
Yes, I think it’s possible. She left Rob’s at 5 am that morning. It was dark then.
I don’t see how a woman Jennifer’s age that is independent and living alone avoids going out alone when it’s dark out.

flgrl017, what do you think about LE's theory that the hood shows her having been thrown on top of it?​

The car moves so even if they are from a struggle then it doesn’t prove time or location. It just means she was attacked by her car. I think we need physical evidence and finger prints to prove a struggle occured on her hood. I think if no physical evidence and prints were found on the hood then it’s likely those marks came from something else. We don’t know if they found anything or forensic value. We have never been told. If they were from a struggle then why didn’t the perp clean the hood?

To me they don’t look like hand/finger prints anyways. I see no palm and the squiggles don’t look like fingers caused them. I think a bush like I posted a few days ago caused them.

There was a poster some years back who did a lot of enlargements of the photos of the POI who was 100% sure that she left her condo and was murdered that night. He based it on phone pings and the fact that both phones went dead at the same time: The evening before around 10:30 pm I believe. I think he believed that the phones were “powered off”, but there was a ton of discussion about pings and how the phones were shut down. Honestly, I didn’t follow all of it, but if you haven’t seen those discussions, you should try to look them up.

There was a poster some years back who did a lot of enlargements of the photos of the POI who was 100% sure that she left her condo and was murdered that night. He based it on phone pings and the fact that both phones went dead at the same time: The evening before around 10:30 pm I believe. I think he believed that the phones were “powered off”, but there was a ton of discussion about pings and how the phones were shut down. Honestly, I didn’t follow all of it, but if you haven’t seen those discussions, you should try to look them up.
If you’re talking about rd, I’ve read his posts here and on his website, JusticeforChandra. Imo it’s one of the best places to research the case besides Websleuths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea