FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The killer abducted Jen in her own car. After the murder, the car was parked at HOTG because the killer either lived or worked at Mosaic, but could obviously not just swing by in Jen's car and return it to her parking bay without attracting attention. However, if he walked from HOTG and just strolled into the Mosaic complex, nobody would look twice.
"Yeah, but no." A resounding no, IMO.

Cameras don't look twice, they capture forever. A worker would be the first to know there were cameras, probably even more so than the residents. Following, if a worker did this, he wouldn't be back at all after a murder, let alone "stroll" into the complex and take that risk. A day laborer is going to go elsewhere, and even with a wisp of common sense (or in the cold sweat of flat out self-preservation) isn't going to walk back to, near or around the area. He's likely not even going to take a bus, or his usual mode of transport around there. And he certainly isn't going to be seen in her car, period, or risk leaving his DNA in it, even if he doesn't know what that is. He's gone. Incidentally, a worker who knows there are cameras isn't abducting her from the parking lot in the first place either.

Yes, the car was returned, just not by the killer, imo based on what info has been released. Why not leave it somewhere else? Because it needed to appear she disappeared from her home. As I said earlier, I think the drop off instructions were muddled, or there was already police activity and the driver had an epiphany and bailed in another lot. I'll stand corrected if more info is released, but it looks like the car was returned to place her there and not wherever she actually was. And people bought it, so it worked.

Last edited:
"Yeah, but no." A resounding no, IMO.

Cameras don't look twice, they capture forever. A worker would be the first to know there were cameras, probably even more so than the residents. Following, if a worker did this, he wouldn't be back at all after a murder, let alone "stroll" into the complex and take that risk. A day laborer is going to go elsewhere, and even with a wisp of common sense (or in the cold sweat of flat out self-preservation) isn't going to walk back to, near or around the area. He's likely not even going to take a bus, or his usual mode of transport around there. And he certainly isn't going to be seen in her car, period, or risk leaving his DNA in it, even if he doesn't know what that is. He's gone. Incidentally, a worker who knows there are cameras isn't abducting her from the parking lot in the first place either.

Yes, the car was returned, just not by the killer, imo based on what info has been released. Why not leave it somewhere else? Because it needed to appear she disappeared from her home. As I said earlier, I think the drop off instructions were muddled, or there was already police activity and the driver had an epiphany and bailed in another lot. I'll stand corrected if more info is released, but it looks like the car was returned to place her there and not wherever she actually was. And people bought it, so it worked.
I like your thoughts regarding the car drop. They were already looking for Jennifer at Mosaic when the car was dropped. It was dropped at 12:00 pm. From what I can tell they started searching for Jennifer at Mosaic between 11:15 and 11:30 am. Also Mosaic was gated and had a guard at the guard station most of the time. There was no way the car was being returned to Mosaic due to the gate and guard.

I'm a latecomer to this case-- came over here after seeing a post about the case on IG. Can someone explain to me, if it's been covered already-- I read that there were day workers, but LE couldn't interview them "because of the language barrier" (as stated in the article). Is there more to this? It just strikes me as very odd that someone couldn't be interviewed because of a "language barrier", when there seem to be many resources to help with any such barriers. TIA

Last edited:
I'm a latecomer to this case-- came over here after seeing a post about the case on IG. Can someone explain to me, if it's been covered already-- I read that there were day workers, but LE couldn't interview them "because of the language barrier" (as stated in the article). Is there more to this? It just strikes me as very odd that someone couldn't be interviewed because of a "language barrier", when there seem to be many resources to help with any such barriers. TIA
From my understanding they spoke to all the workers that were hired directly by Mosaic. There could have been workers there that weren’t hired directly by the Mosaic that they don’t know about. This was talked about on The Search. You can watch it on you tube.

From my understanding they spoke to all the workers that were hired directly by Mosaic. There could have been workers there that weren’t hired directly by the Mosaic that they don’t know about. This was talked about on The Search. You can watch it on you tube.
thank you. That just struck me as so odd, that LE wouldn't question someone because of whhat they said was a language barrier. Headed to youtube now...

thank you. That just struck me as so odd, that LE wouldn't question someone because of whhat they said was a language barrier. Headed to youtube now...
The definitely went back and questioned those workers that Drew is referring to when he made that statement. They worked for Mosaic.

Attached statement from police report:

Attachments

• 61B404EB-E5F0-4842-9381-03DA144A5982.jpeg
    61B404EB-E5F0-4842-9381-03DA144A5982.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 19
Since they have dna, I doubt the perp is on the police’s radar. They would have Chino’s dna since he’s been convicted of a felony. Maybe the person can explain their presence in Jennifer’s car.

Does anyone remember looking at the photos of the processed car? They took her sunshade. I find that interesting. Of course the link is dead in the earlier thread that shows the pics.

That’s interesting. Do you mean the sun visor ? I guess someone wiping down the car could easily forget they adjusted the visor ?

A lot of people suggest the poi could have been innocently parking the car for the real killer , but why would they spend 30 seconds wiping down everything they touched ?

That’s interesting. Do you mean the sun visor ? I guess someone wiping down the car could easily forget they adjusted the visor ?

A lot of people suggest the poi could have been innocently parking the car for the real killer , but why would they spend 30 seconds wiping down everything they touched ?
Yes the sun visor is what someone on this site said was missing. There was also a P written on the windshield. I’ve never seen these photos they’re talking about in this old thread.
Reference:

We don’t know what the poi did in the car. Since we have learned they found over 100 prints, he didn’t clean it as throughly as everyone originally thought.

When they were saying only a partial print was found in the car I sensed something was off. You can literally see dust particles on the console pics if you look closely. Didn’t look recently wiped down to me. Also if he cleaned the car throughly it’s highly unlikely things like the pills, sunglasses, phone charger, flip flops, Pilates ball, and DVD player would still be in it. It would be risky to clean that stuff and then put it back in the car. It would have just been thrown away.

Last edited:
Yes the sun visor is what someone on this site said was missing. There was also a P written on the windshield. I’ve never seen these photos they’re talking about in this old thread.
Reference:

We don’t know what the poi did in the car. Since we have learned they found over 100 prints, he didn’t clean it as throughly as everyone originally thought.

When they were saying only a partial print was found in the car I sensed something was off. You can literally see dust particles on the console pics if you look closely. Didn’t look recently wiped down to me. Also if he cleaned the car throughly it’s highly unlikely things like the pills, sunglasses, phone charger, flip flops, Pilates ball, and DVD player would still be in it. It would be risky to clean that stuff and then put it back in the car. It would have just been thrown away.

I assume he would only touch (and subsequently wipe down ) the essential parts? Steering wheel , gear stick , handbrake, seat controls etc and not risk touching or taking anything else

I believe they are talking about a sun shade, the removable cardboard piece that fits in the entire windshield when the car is parked to block the sun and keep the car cooler, not the sun visor you flip down to cut down on glare while driving.

I assume he would only touch (and subsequently wipe down ) the essential parts? Steering wheel , gear stick , handbrake, seat controls etc and not risk touching or taking anything else
This is what I think happened. If this is what happened, I think it proves she was never in the car after she was abducted. It means the car was just moved by the poi and he was very careful not to touch anything unless he had to.

I believe they are talking about a sun shade, the removable cardboard piece that fits in the entire windshield when the car is parked to block the sun and keep the car cooler, not the sun visor you flip down to cut down on glare while driving.
Was there this type of shade in her car when they found it? I don’t recall ever seeing pics of what you’re describing and it would be noticeable. We’ve seen the contents of the car and truck.

Update: Profiler PB has been in contact with JK's family. Possibly may (nothing definite) work with the family, and therefore (if she does assist the family) Ms. Brown will not be providing any further updates on her channel. Just saying... imo, this would be super news! All moo.

We do have to remember that the Kesse’s weren’t given everything in the files. They were given 95% of the info according to Rich Ring, and just doing the math, that’s a lot of information the police are withholding. They received approximately 16,000 pages. That’s approximately 800 (16,000/16,800= 95%) pages they weren’t given. This was to protect the integrity of the investigation according to Ring. He spoke of this on House of Broken Dreams. We also have to remember the FDLE has been investigating for a year and aren’t speaking to the Kesse’s about the investigation. I’m just saying this because it will be hard for someone like Pat Brown to get a true feel for the case when info is being withheld by police.

I wish they’d do a documentary and release more info that they got from the files. They need to do something new at this point to generate tips.

I'll take a stab at this, although it should be taken with a grain of salt. The way I see this playing out, is that LE didn't arrive on the scene until around noon that day. Even then, I think they initially thought it was likely that Jennifer hadn't been a victim of foul play, but was probably unaccounted for for some benign reason, like they seem to usually think at first in cases like this, when there isn't any direct evidence of a crime. Don't quote me on this; this case has been around for a very long time. However, that's my hunch.

There was a lot going on, in that Jennifer's family were all on the scene quite early on, and the place was under construction, so there were a ton of workers in and around the building. Everything was new, so basic procedures weren't necessarily in place: There was the security to tack down -turns out much security wasn't in place yet due to it being a new development; Jennifer's habits and last known activities to track down; etc. On top of all this, most of those workers were probably working illegally. If that's the case, they're not likely to be eager to have a sit-down with LE. In many cases, they probably tried as much as possible to slip under the radar. If interviews went into the next day or following days, I wouldn't be surprised if several of them didn't show up for work. In many construction jobs, workers get off pretty early, especially if they start early, or if their particular job is done.

All this to say, is that whatever "investigation" took place early on, I think it was likely unwieldy. I can see about four o'clock in the afternoon, getting down to trying to interview some of the construction workers on site, and none of LE present spoke Spanish. They maybe needed to either bring someone in, or wait for hours or until the next day, etc. to get an interpreter. Over the next few days, opportunities to conduct interviews of everyone in and around the complex in an organized manner became less viable. I know they were able to interview some, but I have a feeling that during the afternoon of that first day, there just wasn't an interpreter available, and after that.... quite a few of those needing to be interviewed became "unavailable".

Long winded, I know. Not my day.
And now I see this has been answered above. Definitely not my day.

I'll take a stab at this, although it should be taken with a grain of salt. The way I see this playing out, is that LE didn't arrive on the scene until around noon that day. Even then, I think they initially thought it was likely that Jennifer hadn't been a victim of foul play, but was probably unaccounted for for some benign reason, like they seem to usually think at first in cases like this, when there isn't any direct evidence of a crime. Don't quote me on this; this case has been around for a very long time. However, that's my hunch.

There was a lot going on, in that Jennifer's family were all on the scene quite early on, and the place was under construction, so there were a ton of workers in and around the building. Everything was new, so basic procedures weren't necessarily in place: There was the security to tack down -turns out much security wasn't in place yet due to it being a new development; Jennifer's habits and last known activities to track down; etc. On top of all this, most of those workers were probably working illegally. If that's the case, they're not likely to be eager to have a sit-down with LE. In many cases, they probably tried as much as possible to slip under the radar. If interviews went into the next day or following days, I wouldn't be surprised if several of them didn't show up for work. In many construction jobs, workers get off pretty early, especially if they start early, or if their particular job is done.

All this to say, is that whatever "investigation" took place early on, I think it was likely unwieldy. I can see about four o'clock in the afternoon, getting down to trying to interview some of the construction workers on site, and none of LE present spoke Spanish. They maybe needed to either bring someone in, or wait for hours or until the next day, etc. to get an interpreter. Over the next few days, opportunities to conduct interviews of everyone in and around the complex in an organized manner became less viable. I know they were able to interview some, but I have a feeling that during the afternoon of that first day, there just wasn't an interpreter available, and after that.... quite a few of those needing to be interviewed became "unavailable".

Long winded, I know. Not my day.
And now I see this has been answered above. Definitely not my day.
I’ve attached two satellite images. First is from 2006 and second is what google earth is displaying now. Her building is the red x in both photos. The construction was mostly on the back side of the complex far away from where Jennifer lived. Those workers may not have even known Jennifer existed before she went missing. The building around Jennifer’s had been built for years. They had been apartments and were being upgraded to condos. They did the upgrades as the tenants moved out and someone wanted to buy one. We know that in Jennifer’s condo the upgrades were being done by the 7 man maintenance crew that is referenced in the police report.

Attachments

• 0CC53DF6-A69F-4B07-BC97-D3D379C49253.jpeg
    0CC53DF6-A69F-4B07-BC97-D3D379C49253.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 13
  • 4AE98BA7-E939-4A19-8EE1-631DE5218A65.jpeg
    4AE98BA7-E939-4A19-8EE1-631DE5218A65.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Episode 10
TV, who lived at “Mosaic at Millenia” three years after Jennifer (in the apartment directly below Jennifer's), speaks about disturbing incidents inside her home and claims she was the victim of a sexual crime.
I have never thought this has anything to do with Jennifer’s case. It was 3 years later. Imo this is the last place whoever did this to Jennifer would go if he was in search of another victim.

I think this case is sadly hopeless now :-/

If they had only kept her car in storage for future testing, i think that might have been the only chance of a breakthrough, what with it being a direct link to Jenn and her abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner