FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
mic730 said:
Was Jennifer located? I am wondering why the thread is in missing/located.

Scratch this post...I understand now this forum is for both missing and located.

Gets confusing doesn't it? I don't know why they don't have a forum for the Missing and one for Located. They are two seperate things. It doesn't make sense for us to have to read reports in one place and then go to another to talk. Maybe we would like to comment on the report but we have to go to another whole different section called Missing and Located inorder to say anything. Why mix up Missing and Located. They are worlds apart.

13th Juror said:

The Kesses - Joyce & Drew - both said that they did not authorize or give permission for funds to be collected through PayPal or anywhere else other than the trust they, themselves, set up at the Bank of America. "Find Jennifer Kesse Trust Fund"

Further - they stated that they had never given permission nor authorized either of the websites set up bearing Jennifer Kesse's name.

JenniferKesse.com

JenniferKesse.org

The Kesse's now have control over the original website - JennferKesse.COM - but it's been a struggle.

They are very upset about donations being solicited for Jennifer on the newest website created. Neither website has permission from "Crimeline" to collect funds either.

What happened to our other thread???? It's missing!

13th Juror

I posted the above information after viewing a 4 pm & 5 pm news report & filmed interview with the Kesses. I didn't have time to add much of the actual Kesse family verbiage - so just posted the basics. A bit later this article was posted on the WKMG website and thus gives a fuller picture of the interview.

13th Juror

local6.com

POSTED: 5:50 pm EST March 9, 2006
UPDATED: 11:56 pm EST March 9, 2006

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The family of a missing Orlando woman is questioning an unauthorized donation Web site that implies it was approved by family and Crimeline, according to a Local 6 News report.

After Crimeline gave back $100,000 of reward money in the missing person case of Jennifer Kesse, the family received an e-mail that a Web site was created overnight asking for public donations.

The Web site implies that it has the blessing of the Kesse family and the "green light" from Crimeline to collect donations through Paypal, the report said.

However, a Local 6 News investigation found that neither the family nor Crimeline has approved the site.

"The family has concerns about the motivation behind it," Local 6 reporter Louis Bolden said.

"It sends up a red flag to me as well," mother Joyce Kesse said.

"Tell me why," Bolden said.

"Well, where is the money going?" Kesse said.

"Without anyone communicating with us, how do we know where that money is really going? I find it somewhat frightening and who would have ever guessed that we would be in this situation?"

The Web site is the latest in a series of Internet problems for the family.

The family is also dealing with the backlash of two "Jennifer Kesse" Web sites created without their permission, Bolden said.

Both sites had forums that allowed so-called "armchair sleuths" to post outrageous theories about Kesse's disappearance.

"We are trying to find Jennifer and any side things that come up or side issues, it does make frustration for you," father Drew Kesse said.

The family has been able to gain control of one of the Web sites.

"I guess the Internet grew so fast, so quickly, there probably needs to be regulations on these very same things," Joyce Kesse said.

Anyone wishing to make a donation to the Kesse family may do so at any Bank of America location through the Find Jennifer Kesse Trust Fund.

13th Juror said:
And posting interviews about the website controversy helps find the young lady how?

The topic here is the case not the controversy of the websites. Do you have anything of value to post that migh help locate the missing young lady?

For myself, from now on I am placing those who post about this website controversy on my ignore list and will respond only to those who post about points havng to do with the case itself. This other stuff is is childish at best and wates my time.

I have just been lurking on both threads, haven't posted because I haven't come up with something that hasn't already been posted. IMO we all need to know if the contribution link is bogus, good intentioned people may be getting scammed when they think they're helping. And this thread is the place for scenarios and such, they're posted here out of respect for the family, the other is for support for the family.:twocents:

Beyond Belief said:
I found this entry in a blog someplace and wondered about it.

""Her father, on Nancy Grace, said, "on more than one occasion, Jennifer said she felt uncomfortable with all the workmen around".
And they had a "safe call" i.e., if someone was working in her apartment, they would stay in contact with Jennifer.""

Obviously the family stayed in contact with her during the construction time. I wonder if there was any particular worker that she had made comments about or whether any one particular worker was aware she was making those "safety calls" and waited for a more opportune time.

Yes, I am back to looking at the workers again.

However I do believe that the photo of the POI is a person with bare legs showing. The pants are wide at the bottom and may have a cuff they come below the knee. I don't think they are capri's because of how wide they are, but they might be.
I have thought before that the car was moved to lead the trail of investigators away from the complex she was in but then he had to double back to his own vehicle which accounts for the scent trail leading back. That leads me to think we are probably looking for a van or large car belonging to either 1.someone else living in the same building or 2.someone who frequents that building such as a worker who knew he still had to come to work at that building or a frequent visitor to someone in the building (a relative of someone in the building or even a social worker.)

jodieo said:
I have just been lurking on both threads, haven't posted because I haven't come up with something that hasn't already been posted. IMO we all need to know if the contribution link is bogus, good intentioned people may be getting scammed when they think they're helping. And this thread is the place for scenarios and such, they're posted here out of respect for the family, the other is for support for the family.:twocents:
There is a thread for off topic stuff in the private forum section. This thread is for case discussion and the news will tell us if someone has posted a scam site or we can go to the off topic threads. I too have followed the threads in info&support and then here in case discussion and seen it lately blossom into nothing more than a large argument about which site is or is not legit and that has nothing to do with finding the young lady unless you have info to share that this alternate website is infact tied to the perp. of the crime. In fact even though that argument concerning alternate website has been posted multiple times I see it is still brought up even after mods deleted some of the argument. I can only conclude that the intent of posting more such posts is an effort to keep the argument alive and thriving and I will have no part in that and I suspect neither will anyone serious about case discussion.

Bobbisangel said:
Gets confusing doesn't it? I don't know why they don't have a forum for the Missing and one for Located. They are two seperate things. It doesn't make sense for us to have to read reports in one place and then go to another to talk. Maybe we would like to comment on the report but we have to go to another whole different section called Missing and Located inorder to say anything. Why mix up Missing and Located. They are worlds apart.

The point in having the two seperate areas is so that the "Missing " section of the forum is for statistical and up to date fact information and a safe area for WS Members and family members to post such info.
The Missing /Located discusion are is for theories, opinons and discussion for members interested in "sleuthing" the case etc.
It does make sense to those looking for factual information on a Missing Person as opposed to those expressing case opinion.

docwho3 said:
There is a thread for off topic stuff in the private forum section. This thread is for case discussion and the news will tell us if someone has posted a scam site or we can go to the off topic threads. I too have followed the threads in info&support and then here in case discussion and seen it lately blossom into nothing more than a large argument about which site is or is not legit and that has nothing to do with finding the young lady unless you have info to share that this alternate website is infact tied to the perp. of the crime.
I agree with you there, it shouldn't be a big argument, IMO it should have been posted as a news link, like one of the posts above.
It does pertain to the case though so it really doesn't belong in the Private Forums. That's like saying that info on scammers after Hurricane Katrina should have been put in the Parking Lot. Many people searching for info on Jennifer will stumble onto various websites, is it not better to have that info out there so they know that it is bogus than for them not to know at all?

I just pray that she is found safe and sound.

jodieo said:
. . .It does pertain to the case though so it really doesn't belong in the Private Forums. . .
In my opinion, it does not pertain to any scenario about who may have taken her or where she might be or even if she might have run away and in that sense does not pertain to the case. No police detective is likely to be interested in the claims of fake websites as far as helping him/her to solve the case of the missing person. This is not Katrina disaster posting this is a missing person case. If, for example, someone starts a rumor website and is trashing the victems family it may indeed be newsworthy but it would not belong as a discussion post about the case itself. We are not journalists whose job it might be to inform the public about every possible fake website but we are forum members here to discuss a case and hopefully find out "who-dun-it".

Doc,

I sure wish we could come up with something. I have found so many faces on that film I have probably seen everyone that ever walked by there.
Do you think its possible that this POI, I mean after all, we are only seeing what they want us to see, could possibly be walking side by side with someone?
I feel like back in the beginning they said Jenn was on the tape, but maybe I dreamt that. :waitasec:

docwho3 said:
I have thought before that the car was moved to lead the trail of investigators away from the complex she was in but then he had to double back to his own vehicle which accounts for the scent trail leading back. That leads me to think we are probably looking for a van or large car belonging to either 1.someone else living in the same building or 2.someone who frequents that building such as a worker who knew he still had to come to work at that building or a frequent visitor to someone in the building (a relative of someone in the building or even a social worker.)

This is what I have always thought too. It could have even been a boyfriend or male visiter who was leaving someone else's condo that morning. That is why the scent dogs followed whoever's scent right back to Jennifer's condo complex. I hope LE has questioned people in the condo complex until they are sick of looking at badges....and the workers.

Bobbisangel said:
This is what I have always thought too. It could have even been a boyfriend or male visiter who was leaving someone else's condo that morning. That is why the scent dogs followed whoever's scent right back to Jennifer's condo complex. I hope LE has questioned people in the condo complex until they are sick of looking at badges....and the workers.
To have tried to lead L.E. away from the building makes me think the person will be back regularly for at least awhile. I wonder if he had time to dispose of her yet? She might be "stored" on site in someones condo, although I think the best move would have been to move her right away and I suspect that's what happened.

A worker on the way home. . . mabe so.
A person visiting his elderly aunt or grandmother and was on his way home after the visit?

Did the elusive cell phone actually ever get mailed?

This has to be the work of an independent. Had a worker left the job site during the morning hours it would have been noticed by now.

I keep going back to "carjacking" because it happens so frequently in Orlando. I wish we could determine what the POI is carrying.

Beyond Belief said:
This has to be the work of an independent. Had a worker left the job site during the morning hours it would have been noticed by now.

I keep going back to "carjacking" because it happens so frequently in Orlando. I wish we could determine what the POI is carrying.

Beyond Belief, if a worker had left a job which was to have been done or arrived to do a job and left Mosaic, he wouldn't necessarily be missed upon leaving IF he was an independent worker or was one who did jobs as he was available to do them. Mosaic could have subcontracted out work. From my experience, sometimes I was told someone would be there sometime--maybe. Also some of the workers I have seen are not the most desirable. If I am leary, I don't open the door, and say I don't want the work done---I have done that. Also I read where some of the Mosaic workers had keys and would enter to do jobs when the owners didn't even know the workers were coming. That was definetly true with the vacant apartments which were being converted to condos.

If an independent worker was involved or subcontractor and guilty, they probably could have someone give them an alibi. Even if a Mosaic worker, depending on the integrity of the work people, I wouldn't be surprised if they might cover for each other.

You could even have the scenario where there were two workers working together, one covering for the other.

I'm not convinced of anything right now. So confused.

One thing tho, I rely a lot on intuition--from personal experience. Jennifer expressing concern to her some of her family about the workmen there, obviously her intuition meter going off. Just think about how many times, our intuition has been right.

I want to add, even if a worker was scheduled to be at Mosaic and was the perp, it wouldn't be hard for some people to get their spouse to lie for them, saying they stayed home and were sick that day. If there weren' t any other workers there that day to confirm the worker or their vehicle had been seen there, he would be scott free with his story.

I keep thinking, LE must be suspicious of someone there and are waiting and watching.

~ps--hope this post is OK, I'm confused --about more things than this too~ :confused:

I guess everyone is confused, other wise there would be a break through in this case. I wishe they had shared the photos from the other camera.

In the other link there was convesation about the type of hat, maybe military uniform. I was also wondering maybe ROTC uniform. Thats not to say I am convinced the POI is wearing long pants.

Crazy cap styles ae being worn with those long crouched short pants by the guys.

Beyond Belief said:
I guess everyone is confused, other wise there would be a break through in this case. I wishe they had shared the photos from the other camera.

BB, what 'other' camera? I must be forgetting something. :confused:

I may have read somewhere, one of cameras wasn't working, at HOTG. Sorry, I can't provided the report.

I think it would be easy to leave the site using an excuse. Possibly severe toothache requiring a trip to the dentist. But then does a contractor need an excuse to go anywhere. If you are self-employed you pretty much run your own race. Who really knows because any kind of evidence seems to be in short supply.
After many weeks have slipped by we have no Jennifer, no crime scene that we are aware of, no suspect as yet and no evidence. It's very hard to be positive about an early breakthrough.
It's a very sad state of affairs.

I hadn't heard that the other camera wasn't working. I thought the FBI was supposed to be viewing it. Of course, we haven't heard anymore about it. I wonder if they have an association office. Generally workers are suppose to check in with management when they will be on the grounds working.

All of us here are very aware of the missing in the news, but most people never hear this news. There must be some way to put out the word so it reaches more ears.

For Jenns case they need to be broadcasting "If you were in the vicinity of Texas and Americana Ave's please call this toll free number, etc." Maybe nationwide spots on the radio. There has to be a way to get the word out. At the lunch hour there has to have been people walking around in that area.
There has to be a way...................

Theres an image, not in the location of the POI, but he's got a hat, it says, of course, imo, Elite Lighting, or Painting, or Printing. Could just be a regular delivery person. But must pass it on.

I have checked each news the past week and unless I just missed it, I see nothing on Jennifer. Since the one in NYC, which was horrible, it seems this one is not being shown and it should.

I'm emailing Nancy Grace & Greta to see if they can't get it going again. I'm very interested in this case since I have several friends and family that do not live far. Its very scarry when this happens.

Did they rule out that it was Jennifer on the video walking by? I know on video its hard to make out the person.

Thanks for info and let us know if on any of the shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny