FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I reside in Orlando. There are so many small lakes and woods located nearby to the area of the Mosaic Condominiums and the Huntington On The Green Condominiums. There are several dirt roads located nearby too, which could possibly account for the dirt found on Jennifer's car next to the tires. There is still a lot of undeveloped land in the area of Orlando/Central Florida. Small lakes and woods are within walking distance of the Mosaic Condominiums or the Huntington On The Green Condominiums. A dirt road is located less than a mile away from the Huntington On The Green Condominiums.

Very good point Cat! I remember LE did search some behind the area of Jenn's condo and HOTG. It has been so long ago, but I do remember thinking at the time, the searches didn't last long enough---at least not to my way of thinking.

Orlando--Hmm --one of the tourist capitals of the country---well there had been a lot of speculation at the time, that LE/Mayor/politics etc or whomever, wanted to avoid bad publicty for the area, for concerns about missing people. Bad for business.

There were stats given at the time about the 1000's of people who had gone missing from Orlando in past years. I suppose one could search it out if interested. I remember it was a staggering number of [people. Maybe one has to take into account the many transients too. I dunno.

Two things which keep bothering me are: (1.)The perp/poi returning Jenn's car in the manner (precisley parked ) and location in which it had been found(well a few days, but found) and found in good condition. (2.)The Kesses returning Jenn's car to the leasee. IIRC, Drew stated the car was the 'crime scene'.

No doubt LE assured the Kesses, the car had been processed and it wouldn't be needed, but if me, I would have kept it in storage. I don't buy the idea, they kept the car and publicized the car had been returned.

LaMer--THOUSANDS of people missing from Orlando over the past years??? I don't even think Orlando has been around that long, at least it's not been a major tourist destination for more than the past 30 years or so. What kind of time frame are you talking about that these thousands of people have gone missing? That just doesn't seem right and someone should see if Orlando isn't intentionally trying to cover things up.

Enrique--There have been rare cases where they have found bodies in landfills. I believe it happned in the New York/New Jersey area 5 to 10 years ago. But I don't even think that LE has tried that in the Kesse case. Actually I think some huge landfills keep their garbage for several months or even up to a year but in the Kesse case it's even beyond that but they should just follow up on it since nothing else is working.

But more importantly they should check all those lakes and woods that were mentioned. That's awfully cumbersome and difficult work so it must be hell on those search crews!

just curious, is there anybody here who thinks this was NOT a rape/murder case?

I was thinking today, why do you think the Orlando PD was leaning towards a transient type kidnapping her? This doesn't seem like that type of situation unless the construction workers over there are transient types. Out here in Southern California the maintenance men and construction, painters, etc they are not transients, they live here for the most part. Why transient? I don't think this was just some random crime. It was either somebody associated with Mosaic (they lived there, a guest of somebody who lived there, somebody who worked on the condos) or an acquaintance/friend of JK. Could be somebody from her college days or work. Gotta lean towards the Mosaic connection obviously.

I believe the ONLY reason they were leaning towards it being a transient type was because they came to the conclusion they were looking for a male, 5'3"-5'5, and either Hispanic or Asian (only because of the size, imo). The height is what has skewed this entire case from the beginning. Yes, it is reasonable that the suspect worked around Mosaic or lived there. I don't think he is of the smaller male variety, however...leaving open the rest of the male population.

Do I believe it was a rape/murder? Sexual assault is a usual catalyst for this type of abduction...but you never know. In Jennifer's case, I would say it is certainly a possibility, but look at KS's case...I would have thought that would have been the motive there as well...but nothing has been charged or mentioned that I am aware of.

LaMer--THOUSANDS of people missing from Orlando over the past years??? I don't even think Orlando has been around that long, at least it's not been a major tourist destination for more than the past 30 years or so. What kind of time frame are you talking about that these thousands of people have gone missing? That just doesn't seem right and someone should see if Orlando isn't intentionally trying to cover things up. I tried to look the stats up on this and couldn't find anything to really quantify the number of missing from Orlando dating back through the years. However, I did notice they have an extraordinary amount of "Endangered Runaway" cases outstanding. Are they misjudging some of those cases?! I don't see how all of them are simply runaways. I do wonder if the OPD aren't brushing a number of the missing cases under the rug of E.R.'s.

I do think in resort communities such as Orlando, there is GREAT pressure to distance themselves from such crime stats tho. Tourism means HUGE money and I would assume that Disney calls the shots in and around Orlando. I agree someone should step in and see if there is reason to believe they are covering up certain cases and stats. The Attorney General's office is responsible to investigate the OPD for any wrongdoing. I feel they need to take over this case and perhaps look at a few others in Orlando to determine if they are what they appear to be.

Enrique--There have been rare cases where they have found bodies in landfills. I believe it happned in the New York/New Jersey area 5 to 10 years ago. But I don't even think that LE has tried that in the Kesse case. Actually I think some huge landfills keep their garbage for several months or even up to a year but in the Kesse case it's even beyond that but they should just follow up on it since nothing else is working. I don't think they searched many dumpsters or any dumpsites in and around Orlando in this case, but I cannot say conclusively they have not. LE has hidden so much of what they have done on this case...it is difficult to determine. The most amazing landfill find in recent years which comes to mind is in the case where the hubby cut up his wife (Lori Hacking). However, they had solid information they would find her there or they wouldn't have conducted such a search. It is too time-consuming and expensive.

But more importantly they should check all those lakes and woods that were mentioned. That's awfully cumbersome and difficult work so it must be hell on those search crews! I totally agree!!! Where is Tim Miller and Equuquest?!?!?! Orlando PD turned down his help to search, as I understand it!!!! I will try to find that quote.

OPD might have more than one reason to cover up things...such as an ineffective force. It is becoming crystal clear they don't know what they are doing with all the mistakes they have made in Jennifer's case. IMO

My opinion only, but I think there's a misunderstanding concerning the Kesse's recent mention of homeless people in their billboard appeal.

That would be trying to reach homeless people who might have seen something, and would theoretically not be up enough on news to know about the search for this person in the photos.

Not saying that rules out the possibility in Kesse's statement of a homeless person knowing of another homeless person who might be this person, etc., but the appeal Kesse made clearly was to reach out to homeless people as possible witnesses, again just my opinion. I don't know anything about the Kesses.

rd

<SNIP>
LaMer--THOUSANDS of people missing from Orlando over the past years??? I don't even think Orlando has been around that long, at least it's not been a major tourist destination for more than the past 30 years or so. What kind of time frame are you talking about that these thousands of people have gone missing? That just doesn't seem right and someone should see if Orlando isn't intentionally trying to cover things up.

LaMer is correct the list is a mile long IF you count up the total of missing people in the entire state of Florida.

Specifically in Orlando, Florida I count up a total of 9 missing people, (not including known teenage runaways and known non-custodial parental abductions).

Orlando's Missing:
Emma Vaughn missing 7/10/82 at age 14
Deborah Poe missing 2/4/90 at age 26
Sandy Schlamann missing 3/15/94 at age 21
Patricia Dickman missing 1/1/98 at age 35
Jimmie Johnson Jr. missing 10/6/98 at age 27
Richard Ludwig Jr. missing 7/11/03 at age 46
Michael Green missing 6/20/05 at age 27
Daniel Baptiste missing 9/7/05 at age 51
Jennifer Kesse missing 1/24/06 at age 24

My opinion only, but I think there's a misunderstanding concerning the Kesse's recent mention of homeless people in their billboard appeal.

That would be trying to reach homeless people who might have seen something, and would theoretically not be up enough on news to know about the search for this person in the photos.

Not saying that rules out the possibility in Kesse's statement of a homeless person knowing of another homeless person who might be this person, etc., but the appeal Kesse made clearly was to reach out to homeless people as possible witnesses, again just my opinion. I don't know anything about the Kesses.

rd

I believe "transient" in LE's reference was talking about migrant workers and not the homeless.

The Kesse family aiming the mobile billboards at the homeless, imo, was to reach those without media access in case they had seen something or someone matching Jennifer's description...like going into an abandoned building with someone perhaps. This is my opinion on the reason they posted the billboards...not targeting the homeless population in regards to the perp.

<SNIP>

LaMer is correct the list is a mile long IF you count up the total of missing people in the entire state of Florida.

Specifically in Orlando, Florida I count up a total of 9 missing people, (not including known teenage runaways and known non-custodial parental abductions).

Orlando's Missing:

Why don't you count the Endangered Runaways in this?! This is where I see a HUGE number of missing. Is it an epidemic in Orlando to run away?!?!

Why don't you count the Endangered Runaways in this?! This is where I see a HUGE number of missing. Is it an epidemic in Orlando to run away?!?!

I didn't include known teenage runaways in my count because I wanted to count up the missing people from Orlando whose disappearance may indicate foul play such as in Jennifer Kesse's case. I doubt that there is an epidemic of runaways in Orlando, it's about the same as in any other city. Many of the runaways soon return home.

By the way, my husband saw the mobile billboard for Jennifer Kesse near the Mall of Millenia a couple of weeks ago. It's a very good idea.

I believe that searching woods and lakes would be difficult. There are poisonous snakes in the woods and there are lots of wooded areas. Orlando is dotted with so many lakes that I don't know where a search would begin. I suppose that searches could take place closest to the Mosaic Condominiums and the Huntington On The Green Condominiums. It wouldn't be easy. I do recall the initial searches for Jennifer Kesse ending abruptly and I felt way too soon.

<SNIP>

Orlando's Missing:

Cal, :blowkiss: thank you, yes missing in FL not in Orlando. :eek: Sorry! I should avoid posting late at night. :bang:

In our orignal thread for Jenn, we had loads of posters researching, and that was where my thoughts were from, just misinformed ya'all a bit. I had saved a lot of the links, but my puter crashed and I lost all.

I read what you posted about searching for people in FL. In FL snakes are rampid, also along with alligators. There are so many places where a body can be disposed of with the lakes, swamps, numerous other waterways, and easy access to the ocean.

When searching for Jenn, in the area of HOTG and Mosaic, I remember some of the searchers were on horseback. From the pictures as I remember, it was a very wooded area.

thanks again for your post :)

WHY on earth would Orlando PD turn down Equuisearch????

That is the best search group in the world!! It's very disturbing they'd turn them down so someone should look into why the Orlando PD did that!

from local6.com:

Kesse's parents said the billboard targets a different audience.

"We understand that there are a lot of people that don't read newspapers, don't watch TV -- homeless (people) to be quite honest with you," Drew Kesse, Jennifer's father, said.

end quote

I said Kesse and homeless, not LE and transient.

The point I was making remains.

rd

from local6.com:

Kesse's parents said the billboard targets a different audience.

"We understand that there are a lot of people that don't read newspapers, don't watch TV -- homeless (people) to be quite honest with you," Drew Kesse, Jennifer's father, said.

end quote

I said Kesse and homeless, not LE and transient.

The point I was making remains.

rd

I think this a good thing and thanks for brining it up. I forgot about this.

IIRC, in the ImetteSG case, a homeless person sleeping in a park across from the bar proved to be a valuable witness concerning the car--and I believe even found her cell phone tossed in the garbage or on the ground.

Wish Jenn's family would get some kind of break on this and soon.

yes, petra, and I agree with SS on the transients statement.

The problem with transients is if they've been in the area for a year and a half they're not so transient anymore. :D

I don't know, I guess they have to try to shake the bushes but for someone to come up with a memory of witnessing the car being parked a year and a half later, homeless or transient or passerby, is just not in the cards.

Someone seeing something else about Jennifer somewhere else, though, that's something else entirely. So I hope their awareness work generates something for finding Jennifer.

rd

This is the Census info on Orlando: Population: 185,951 http://www.hometownlocator.com/PlaceDetail.cfm?SCFIPS=12095&City=Orlando

Here is the Census info on Oklahoma City, OK:
Oklahoma City, OK 506,132
http://factfinder.census.gov/servle...=GCT-PH1&-ds_name=DEC_2000_SF1_U&-format=ST-7

Orlando has 1200 Endangered Runaways a year.
All of Oklahoma only has 10~according to National Center for Missing & Exploited Children site. http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet

So...why would I call it epidemic proportions? Either OPD is horribly mistaken on their own website...or this is a HUGE problem for the community...OR...they are purposefully designating all these missing as "endangered runaways" because they refuse to put so many of them as missing and raise those stats!

I saw on a questionable site: Towards the end of the year the Orlando police stopped reporting them as "murders" and called them "mysterious deaths". http://www.orlandofloridasucks.com/Orlando_crime.htm

This does make me wonder about OPD even more than I questioned them before!

I think its farely safe to say that this case is now cold.

It may not officially be the case but there have been no known arrests since the release of the video which I feel was OPDs last throw off the dice.

Where do they go from here?

I see the Kesses have a mobile billboard in operation which is a good thing any publicity is good.

My belief is that OPD don't have the first clue on who the suspect is.

I would alter the reward to a million dollars for information which leads to Jennifer being found alive and 500,000 dollars for any information which leads to Jennifer being found if she is not alive.

It would be horrendous news but I would think being able to find her, put this whole business behind them and begin to grieve would be worth it.

If it is someone who had watched or knew Jennifer then I think it may be a one sided relationship, they may have noticed her but she didnt notice them.

A guy who works in a place she gets take out from or something.

I still think a detailed analysis of Jennifers life in the short time she lived at Mosaic may yield some answers.

Did she eat out? If so where.
Did she make friends with anyone? If they were female check out the husband.
Who worked at mosaic during that time and where are they now?
Who worked there shortly before she moved in?

In this day and age with so much administration and audit trails it is far easier to work out what people do with their lives.

Use Jennifers credit card bills, diary if she had one, her work diary, talk to her parents/brother/Rob and try and piece together her life in that period bit by bit.

Im not saying this is the answer but I think its the only way to go from an investigative perspective.

Mobile billboards and fliers are great but there doesnt appear to have been any witnesses to this crime which means if Jennifer isnt alive the only person who knows where she is is the perp and he is hardly going to come forward.

PS Sorry about above I hit post by accident.
progress.gif

I agree with everything you just said. They are going to have to basically start over to find a suspect now or this case will remain another cold case on the shelves.

By the way, if you make an error on these posts...you can go below the post to the Go Advanced reply button and delete it entirely...if you catch it soon enough. (I wish they would fix it so you could delete posts anytime or edit them. I know it can be done and is on other sites. It is silly only to be able to edit and delete for 24 hours or whatever the time frame is. Maybe we need to petition WS for this!)

snip

How many abducted people are ever found alive when there's no ransom demand? Hardly any. I say it's a .001% chance poor Jennifer Kesse is alive. I hope for a miracle though.

My head tells me this, but something about the timing of the abduction makes this seem more like an obsessive control situation. There is a reason she was picked and for the timing of the abduction. We don’t yet know what that is, so she may still be in captivity somewhere if the reason was possession of her and anger at her BF.
A long shot, but possible.

Crypto6

Crypto

That is a good point my first impression when I read about this case was that of a stalker, someone who was obsessed/infatuated with Jennifer.

The abduction coming when she returned from holiday may be a coincidence but if its not that lends weight to the argument that the person got angry when she was away with b/f.

That is the hope that her family will have to cling to.

It may be a million to one shot but then someone has to get a million to one shot at some point in time don't they!

Here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member