FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My head tells me this, but something about the timing of the abduction makes this seem more like an obsessive control situation. There is a reason she was picked and for the timing of the abduction. We don’t yet know what that is, so she may still be in captivity somewhere if the reason was possession of her and anger at her BF.
A long shot, but possible.

Crypto6

The only realistic chance she could be alive is if Jen has something like Stockholm Syndrome where she has sympathized with her captor and is staying with him WILLINGLY. But I really don't think that's realistic since Jen doesn't seem the type of person to never call her family and just leave her old life so abruptly without saying a word. Very unlikely, right?

Has there EVER been a case where an ADULT has been abducted and kept alive THIS long??? Even that creepy guy in New York who abducted women and kept them in his basement kept them between 3 months to almost a year I believe.

I'm almost sure there is not otherwise we would have heard of it. There's just no realisitc way that a captor would be holding Jen and feeding her and sheltering her for this long without her trying to escape or get help and he could've killer her if she tried to do something like that.

There is always the chance that Jenn is alive and being held somewhere if she were drugged. The point is that it is better to be realistic and positive then consistantly negative. Yes, the liklihood is beyond slim, but there is still a chance. Why give up that hope? I, for one, will continue to hold onto hope and continue to expect miracles for Jenn, her family, and friends.

I really doubt that she is still alive. I've not heard of a case where an adult was held for months and months. I don't think that most abductors want the hassle of keeping an adult against their will for more then a few days if that. They have a goal when abducting an adult and it is usually rape and then murder because the adult could identify them.

I also think that the abductor is someone who had been watching Jennifer from a distance for awhile. I think it was probably someone who was working at her complex or maybe even someone who worked with her. I think he decided to make his move after she returned from her vacation. If he was obsessed with her he probably hated her boyfriend and could have decided to punish Jennifer for going away with the boyfriend when the killer looked at her as his. It's hard to tell though and I doubt that we will ever know.

I wonder if her work or LE ever checked to see if one of her male co-workers happened to call in sick or have a vacation day the day Jennifer went missing. A co-worker could have pulled up as she was getting into her car and made some excuse for her to ride with him to work that morning. Anything is possible.

The only realistic chance she could be alive is if Jen has something like Stockholm Syndrome where she has sympathized with her captor and is staying with him WILLINGLY. But I really don't think that's realistic since Jen doesn't seem the type of person to never call her family and just leave her old life so abruptly without saying a word. Very unlikely, right?

Has there EVER been a case where an ADULT has been abducted and kept alive THIS long??? Even that creepy guy in New York who abducted women and kept them in his basement kept them between 3 months to almost a year I believe.

I'm almost sure there is not otherwise we would have heard of it. There's just no realisitc way that a captor would be holding Jen and feeding her and sheltering her for this long without her trying to escape or get help and he could've killer her if she tried to do something like that.

You asked: Has there EVER been a case where an ADULT has been abducted and kept alive this long?

The answer is "Yes." Many of these young women were held captive in basements/dungeons. You can google these cases to read more about them.

Colleen Stan was 20 years old when she was picked up while hitchhiking by Cameron Hooker. Colleen was held captive by Cameron Hooker in California, many times in a dungeon, for the next seven years.

John T. Jamelske kept at least five different girls and women captive in New York, one was kept for 30 months.

Tanya Nicole Kach was held captive in a locked Pennsylvania bedroom by Thomas Hose for ten years from age 14 to age 24.

John Paule France Gonzales kept a teenage girl captive for one year in a California basement.

Natascha Kampusch was held captive by Wolfgang Priklopil for more than eight years in Austria.

Moapi Sabrina Tukufenoga, of New Zealand, was held captive in Ecuador for 15 years.

Fusako Sano was held captive by Nobuyuki Sato in Japan for nine years.

Elizabeth Smart was held captive by Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Ileen Barzee in Utah for nine months.

Also, there is the 1974 case of heiress Patty Hearst, the granddaughter of William Randolph Hearst.

You asked: Has there EVER been a case where an ADULT has been abducted and kept alive this long?

The answer is "Yes." Many of these young women were held captive in basements/dungeons. You can google these cases to read more about them.

Colleen Stan was 20 years old when she was picked up while hitchhiking by Cameron Hooker. Colleen was held captive by Cameron Hooker in California, many times in a dungeon, for the next seven years.

John T. Jamelske kept at least five different girls and women captive in New York, one was kept for 30 months.

Tanya Nicole Kach was held captive in a locked Pennsylvania bedroom by Thomas Hose for ten years from age 14 to age 24.

John Paule France Gonzales kept a teenage girl captive for one year in a California basement.

Natascha Kampusch was held captive by Wolfgang Priklopil for more than eight years in Austria.

Moapi Sabrina Tukufenoga, of New Zealand, was held captive in Ecuador for 15 years.

Fusako Sano was held captive by Nobuyuki Sato in Japan for nine years.

Elizabeth Smart was held captive by Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Ileen Barzee in Utah for nine months.

Also, there is the 1974 case of heiress Patty Hearst, the granddaughter of William Randolph Hearst.

Out of all those above only 2 of those involve adults in the U.S. and the Patty Hearst case was Stockholm Syndrome. So, eventhough it has happened it is one of the rarest criminal occurences ever so I concur with Bobbisangel and the rest of you who think that after so long sadly she is a goner.

I really doubt that she is still alive. I've not heard of a case where an adult was held for months and months. I don't think that most abductors want the hassle of keeping an adult against their will for more then a few days if that. They have a goal when abducting an adult and it is usually rape and then murder because the adult could identify them.

I also think that the abductor is someone who had been watching Jennifer from a distance for awhile. I think it was probably someone who was working at her complex or maybe even someone who worked with her. I think he decided to make his move after she returned from her vacation. If he was obsessed with her he probably hated her boyfriend and could have decided to punish Jennifer for going away with the boyfriend when the killer looked at her as his. It's hard to tell though and I doubt that we will ever know.

I wonder if her work or LE ever checked to see if one of her male co-workers happened to call in sick or have a vacation day the day Jennifer went missing. A co-worker could have pulled up as she was getting into her car and made some excuse for her to ride with him to work that morning. Anything is possible.

I agree with you. Your two possibilities as to her abductor are very plausible. I also thought about it being someone from work. Of course, when Kelsey Smith was abducted in broad daylight at Target, I thought that someone could have approached her and forced her into her car.

The thing that confuses me is the dog hitting closing to her door. If the dog was accurate, it would seem that Jennifer knew the perp. Could someone have met her at her condo or asked her for a ride?

There is a show called, "48 Hours." They say that the first 48 hours are crucial. If you don't find the victim w/n this timeframe, the chances of finding the victim alive significantly diminishes.

There is much based on the accuracy of the dog scenting.

A car is owned and driven by a person for a lengthy time. Then it is driven and parked by another person one time.

You open the car door and point to the seat and the dog scents.

Would not the scent of the owner of the car overwhelm the scent of a person who drove it the last time?

I would have more faith in this scenting down the road to the Mosaic for a mile if the scenting dog were brought in to the Huntington on Texas Ave. from the north, and there had been no police dog activity, or better yet much of any police activity, at the Mosaic.

I think there was plenty of both, a well worn path up and down Conroy between the two by police in cars in this investigation, some wiith dogs, and not a whole lot of choice on how to get there.

As for the fence thing at the Mosaic, I think the dog was beelining to the apartment area where he "knew" by police activity what the destination was, and the fence was in the way.

I think it's ridiculous to even start with the concept that the dog sniffing the drivers seat obtained the suspect's scent when even Jennifer had driven the car that morning.

The suspect overpowers her, puts her in the trunk or something, and automatically overwhelms Jennifer's months or years of scent in the car?

I don't buy it for a minute.

rd

That's a really good point you brought up. I sure hope LE checked up on this. And the stats say it's extremely likely JK knew her abductor. According to the FBI, it's about 76.4% when a woman is abducted....she knew her attacker. But an FBI agent said in his own experiences it's about 90%.

It is possible that Jennifer Kesse is being held captive. There have been other cases, as mentioned above. Do I think it is probable? I hate to say this, no. IMO

I would like for Jennifer's body to be found and returned to her family for a funeral service and closure for the family, if there really is such a thing. I would like to see this crime solved and the abductor/murderer prosecuted.

It was nightmarish for me reading the true stories of people who were held captive. Some were tortured for months or years in locked basements, bunkers or dungeons. It is so heart-wrenching.

JMO

well is a thought, but been to aruba, natalie was dumped in the trade winds channel..............perfect crime unfortunaely.....my opinion
regarding jennifer, can i asked a question? how do we know the poi caught on video was a man???? short stature? so they said? i am not indicating anything on jennifer, but who knows what lurks in the heart of poi? jelious?
think about it all and tell me
blue
index.cfm

No problem

Glad to know others agree with me I dont have any more to add at the moment and am a little fed up with the above so will leave at this for now(I think leftcoast has come to a similar conclusion)

Lets hope there is a break in this case.

I agree.

Hope remains.. and will remain until we find Jenn. Keep the awareness alive, and we will find her. Continuing to expect Jenn's miracle!

This is why I have hope... and will continue to have hope.

The letters below are from www.findjenniferkesse.com

June 24,2007
17 months have now passed since Jennifer was taken from us through a cowardly act of abduction. To Jennifer we say, "We have unconditional love for you and will never stop searching for you - never - until you are found and brought back home to us, your family". As time passes, we her family, Police, friends, volunteers and people who care around the world have not faltered or slowed down in our continual search for her, her belongings and the Prime Suspect who was last seen driving her car and parking it for good at The Huntington on the Green condominium complex on the corner of Texas and Americana Blvd. in Orlando, Fl., January 24, 2006 at high noon and simply walking away never looking back.
To this day there has been NOTHING found of hers that tells us of her whereabouts or that of the Suspect. It is for this reason that we still hold out HOPE that Jennifer is alive, somewhere in our world and is waiting to be found and/or rescued. We have had the task of keeping the awareness of Jennifer's abduction in the public's eyes and minds through every means possible most recently and currently through a $1,000,000 reward for her "Safe Return" good through July 4, 2007 and the use of a Mobile Billboard in Orlando roaming the streets with all the information anyone needs to know to help us solve her disappearance. We urge all of you who have helped us or who simply care to continue to keep the awareness high through any means possible.
Awareness is EVERYTHING!!!!! You, the general public, are Jennifer's greatest asset and will in the long run solve what has happened to our beloved daughter. "BE THE SOLUTION!", you hold the key to the answers we so desperately are seeking and only through your continued support and keeping your eyes and ears open will it help to end Jennifer's journey through Hell.
No one should have to go through what is or has happened to Jennifer. Just for a second put yourself in her shoes and feel the shear horror and Hell of being taken by someone against your will and never to be seen again for 17 months thus far. Your heart skips a beat or actually stops for a second or more, your palms get sweaty, it's hard to breathe, your mind goes in a thousand different directions, do you fight? can you fight? or do you let yourself be controlled by your captor(s) in hopes someone finds you and soon? After time do you simply become another person in your mind, not remembering who you truly are so you can cope with your situation or do you keep your mind and live a life of total control and fear by another person(s)? Let that feeling guide you in helping to keep Jennifer's name and face out there to the world. Will you be next? Who will be next? And what will you do?
To the person(s) who have taken Jennifer from us. You cannot run or hide forever. You and she will be found, that we promise and have no doubt of. You have committed a horrific crime against Jennifer and Humanity that is not tolerated in our society and we will not back down in fear of you or your cowardly act. There are millions of people looking for Jennifer and YOU every moment all over the world. You should be looking over your shoulder every second of everyday you breathe the air you don't deserve. Don't sleep for you are most vulnerable then to be found. Afraid to show your face in public? You should be because one day very soon, someone is going to recognize you and this will all be over and you probably don't think we know what your face looks like - wrong again. Think you can trust your friends? Wrong, they will be your downfall. They will have to give you up to save themselves for they are just as guilty as you. Think we'll simply give up? You cannot be farther from reality. We will continue to hunt you down until we have you. Think you will get away with what you have done? Not a chance as long as we have an ounce of breathe left in our bodies. The time has come for you, to simply give up. You have no future constantly on the run, hiding, hoping someone doesn't recognize you, trying to keep your secret(there are no secrets in this world). You are most likely very tired of being on the run, worrying, wondering when you will be found or turned in by a friend, lover, teacher, neighbor, stranger, boss, pastor, or even your own family. Will it be by the check out person at a store you visit or by a toll collector on a road you drive. Maybe by your doctor, lawyer or the delivery guy you just ordered dinner from? Will it be by a passerby on the street that notices you? Or the cop who stops you for a traffic violation? You see there is no place to hide, YOU are being looked for everywhere as well as Jennifer. More people are aware of you than you can possibly imagine.
We wish to share a very touching letter we received from one of Jennifer's closest friends.
Drew, Joyce, Logan Kesse and Rob Allen

Jenn, Each morning when I wake up, I think of you. I wonder if you can see the sunshine. Each evening when I fall asleep, I think of you. I wonder if you have a blanket to keep warm. And each hour in between, I think of you. I wonder where you are.
They say time heals everything. I don't know who "they" are, but they're wrong. The days, weeks and months continue to tick by since your disappearance on January 24, 2006 and nothing has gotten easier. The void of not having you around isn't getting smaller; The sadness I feel today isn't any less than that Tuesday; The ache in my heart hurts just as much.
I think of all the times you've come to my rescue, all the times you've held me as I cried, and all the times you've sat with me when I needed you most … and now I sit here with the deepest feeling of failure. Failure, because I can't come to you at this time you so desperately need someone. I'm sorry the puzzle pieces to your horrific experience aren't all put together. I'm sorry we haven't found you yet. I'm sorry this is taking so long.
My memories of you are what keep my feet moving forward - seeing your picture, imaging your laugh, remembering the wonderful years we spent together. My thoughts of the future are what keep my feet moving forward - imaging the day when your hell is over.
Until then, I want you to know you are loved. I want you to know we will never give up. We WILL find you.
xoxo Lindsay

and you probably think we don't know what your face looks like - wrong again.
I wish that were true.

I'm fairly confident that the suspect is not identifiable from those pics/video even by the people that know him/her. Oh they may know if, perhaps, the suspect talked about JK before he kidnapped her or if he worked at the Mosaic and is kind of a sleaze ball, then putting the pieces together....someboday may look at that picture and say "yep it's him" but just based on those pictures and video alone....I don't think anyone can tell who it is no matter how well they know him/her. This person, walking down that street, are there no other cameras in the vicinity? No businesses on that street? Surely if there are other cameras, they would've captured him walking down the street that day.

That was a very touching letter written by Jennifer's friend.

Woah! I must have missed something here and thinking I should be glad?!

Not sure what post you guys are talking about...but I think I do. I believe it was one I chose to ignore and leave for a few days from this thread. Am I right on that?

no it had nothing to do with Jennifer Kesse's case. it was about Amy Bradley on the Natalee Holloway board.

and no the reason the JK thread is not too active these days is because there is not much to talk about. We don't have the case file, the photos/video is useless. the case is ice cold.

I pointed out that the $1 million for safe return was nice but more importantly a large reward should be given (and publicized) for info leading to the suspect because the chances of JK being found alive are almost zero. Some people took offense to that even though they know it to be the truth. SeriouslySearching concurs that the $1 million reward is almost like an empty promise. Leftcoast has said for months now what I said recently, big reward for suspect is the best thing they can do.

I understand what you are saying, and if you're implying I took offense about the reward, that is not the case. I was just stating that IMO, rewards are not really helping anyone anywhere.

However, if you feel so strongly about a higher reward for the suspect, please visit Jenn's guestbook at www.findjenniferkesse.com. I know for a fact that the family does read and sometimes responds to the posts on that guestbook.

They do go their for strength and encouragement and prayers as well. So please keep that in mind when mentioning that the chances that Jenn is alive is close to zero.

Until there is proof that she is no longer alive, there will always be hope. Even though I'm sure that everyone knows the statistics, it's what they have to hold on to, and if it were my family or me or my friends, we all would want to hold on to that hope until we have answers.

Thank you :)

I wish that were true.

I'm fairly confident that the suspect is not identifiable from those pics/video even by the people that know him/her. Oh they may know if, perhaps, the suspect talked about JK before he kidnapped her or if he worked at the Mosaic and is kind of a sleaze ball, then putting the pieces together....someboday may look at that picture and say "yep it's him" but just based on those pictures and video alone....I don't think anyone can tell who it is no matter how well they know him/her. This person, walking down that street, are there no other cameras in the vicinity? No businesses on that street? Surely if there are other cameras, they would've captured him walking down the street that day.

That was a very touching letter written by Jennifer's friend.

As much as we want LE to release everything to the public, I'm sure that they are not doing that as they need something to fry this SOB when they find him/her. I would hope and pray that if they did have a better photo to determine at least gender or race or nationality or anything, that they would release it to help the public find Jenn, but I do think that AWARENESS is working and the more we talk about it and hash it out and get frustrated, the more likely people are going to think up different things that might just begin to solve the puzzle. So, let's keep talking. Let's keep Jenn's name out there.

As much as we want LE to release everything to the public, I'm sure that they are not doing that as they need something to fry this SOB when they find him/her. I would hope and pray that if they did have a better photo to determine at least gender or race or nationality or anything, that they would release it to help the public find Jenn, but I do think that AWARENESS is working and the more we talk about it and hash it out and get frustrated, the more likely people are going to think up different things that might just begin to solve the puzzle. So, let's keep talking. Let's keep Jenn's name out there.

I don't want LE to release everything to the public but if they actually have a better photo of the suspect and can clearly see their face and other crucial details of their appearance....then why wouldn't they release it!? The public is LE's best friend. How could anyone expect them to find an unnamed person even if they knew exactly what they looked like, without help from the public? It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. There's a lot of people in the world. When you get the person's face out there, in this age of television, internet, so much exposure, eventually somebody (usually a lot of people) will know who it is and call in. Look at that Kelsey girl from Kansas, suppose the cops got the security footage of the guy walking outta the store, pretty clear and you could tell the guy's features, you think they would be able to find him if they didn't release it to the public? How? There's a lot of 6 ft, skinny, brown haired guys out there. Nah it was lucky they had a good security camera system at that Target, lots of people recognized that scum bag.

The only reason I can think of for not releasing a clear image of the suspect is if they know their suspect and are just waiting to arrest him/her, trying to get more evidence. I don't think that's likely in the JK case. We all know how hard LE and the Kesse family is urging everyone to study the photo/video which we here have all done a million times. They just brought out that moving billboard with the suspects photo (good idea)

I think there's plenty of things they can keep from the public such as what kind of DNA was removed from the car, what they may have found in the car, and the suspects they have and reasons for certain suspects.

I understand what you are saying, and if you're implying I took offense about the reward, that is not the case. I was just stating that IMO, rewards are not really helping anyone anywhere.

However, if you feel so strongly about a higher reward for the suspect, please visit Jenn's guestbook at www.findjenniferkesse.com. I know for a fact that the family does read and sometimes responds to the posts on that guestbook.

They do go their for strength and encouragement and prayers as well. So please keep that in mind when mentioning that the chances that Jenn is alive is close to zero.

Until there is proof that she is no longer alive, there will always be hope. Even though I'm sure that everyone knows the statistics, it's what they have to hold on to, and if it were my family or me or my friends, we all would want to hold on to that hope until we have answers.

Thank you :)

I wasn't singling anybody out UCFAlumni2002. Personally, I don't think the reward would lead to the suspect because I'm not sure anybody is able to tell for 100% certainty who that person is...however I could be completely wrong which is why the best option now is to turn the heat up by offering a large bounty for the suspect. I like the $1 million reward for JK's safe return, I would like it even better if a $250,000 reward for information leading to the suspect was included as well. Not much to lose now, the case unfortunately is cold.

IMO, rewards are not really helping anyone anywhere.

I disagree cause when a crime has been solved, a crime in which the authorities asked for the public's help and offered a reward, it is never made public who got the reward or even if a reward had been given. For obvious reasons of course.

You know I'd be interested to see how often a reward being offered actually helped solve a crime. Hard to say. I think a lot of people would drop a dime on somebody if they knew who the culprit was even if no reward was involved. But then again, the purpose of a reward is for greed to overcome friendship. This is what we need in the JK case as the public doesn't have much to go on with the suspect photos and video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600