FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
WESH-TV - Channel 2 here in the Orlando area is running a promo for their Monday 11 PM newscast that will feature a "special" on our 2 biggest unsolved missing person cases in Central Fla. Jennifer Kesse & Trenton Duckett.

It wasn't quite clear to me - but, I got the impression that "psychics" were somehow involved in this piece.

I imagine it will be posted on the WESH-TV website after airing on Monday night. (Feb. 25th)

Rum Tum Tugger

I don't know if it's been explored before, but the person on the tape looks like a painter to me. The white or light colored pants & I think a hat - looks like painters clothing to me. Did they question any painters working in that area at the time?

The problem with the color of the clothes is that the camera is a night vision camera and the colors are distorted. The police noticed this in their testing that their dark uniforms appeared light.

It's the number one problem with the pictures because people think he's wearing a t-shirt, when in fact you can't see his arms and no way to know if he's wearing a long sleeve or short sleeve shirt, or what color it is.

I would buy the same model camera and perform tests in Orlando with anyone interested if we can determine what the make of the camera is and what the settings were (for example, how many frames per second which is a recording time / blurriness tradeoff).

I haven't called HOTG to try to find out, but if anyone knows I'll be glad to go find one.

rd

I think we have put him in every available job there is in that area short of calling him a Catholic Priest or a Rabbi! The most common were Bike Messenger, Security guard, Bike Patrol officer of some kind, Animal Shelter Worker, Chef (my personal fav), and construction worker. We have all wondered who LE did or did not speak to in this investigation.

Frankly, they missed a lot including not checking her apartment thoroughly and possibly not even her laptop computer. I don't think the people on WS left a stone unturned on this case with theories and people who should be interviewed or reinterviewed. I think one they missed was the mailman. He was at HOTG daily and was parked almost next to where her car would have been while Greta's team was there with her parents. It could have meant he was also there about the time the perp parked the car (during the same time of day). He could have been an excellent witness.

Rd~ Why don't you try to track him down and ask him a few questions? Usually the same man carries mail in an area for years. Worth a shot in the dark at least. :)

that's a thought, SS. I'm in Jacksonville and not in Orlando during the week, sounds like a good idea for sleuthing for interested Orlando locals.

I think it's going to take something from an independent sleuther / reporter / investigator to make something happen in this case. It's just not going to happen for police waiting for someone to drop a dime.

rd

that's a thought, SS. I'm in Jacksonville and not in Orlando during the week, sounds like a good idea for sleuthing for interested Orlando locals.

I think it's going to take something from an independent sleuther / reporter / investigator to make something happen in this case. It's just not going to happen for police waiting for someone to drop a dime.

rd
Defintely! Just thought you were closer, sorry. Someone should go and ask him!! I bet you a dime to a donut...nobody did.

Thanks Rum Tum regarding the info from WESH! I'm glad to see both Jenn and Trenton getting more coverage. Keep the awareness going is what it is all about.

http://www.wesh.com/news/15407744/detail.html

Psychic Says She Knows Location Of Duckett, Kesse

POSTED: 7:37 pm EST February 25, 2008
UPDATED: 8:01 am EST February 26, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An Orlando woman said she has visions about two big local missing person cases -- information that could help solve the cases.

"I will see images. I will hear a voice," Maggie Giono said.

Giono said she can channel spirits, talk with the dead and see into the future through meditation.

"l grew up with that gift. I've seen accidents before they happen, plane crashes before they happen," Giono said.

Giono said sometimes it can be very hard to know what to do with the information she sees.

She struggles to make sense of her visions, but hopes they can help with investigations that, to this day, baffle detectives -- cases like missing Orlando woman Jennifer Kesse and missing Lake County toddler Trenton Duckett.

"It's time for me to help bring closure with the gift I have to families like the Kesses and Trenton Duckett's family," Giono said.

Since 2-year-old Trenton Duckett disappeared from his mother's Leesburg apartment in August of 2006, Giono said the little boy has been talking to her, trying to lead her to him.

"Trenton has told us a lot of things. We've had many readings with Trenton," Giono said.

Those readings guided her across hundreds of miles in Lake County on her own time -- eventually leading her to Emeralda Marsh off county Road 452.

"These sheds are like what I saw," she said. "It was after many days of digging and searching that we actually found a location that had absolutely every landmark."

Giono called investigators, so they went with it, combing the private property for two days hoping this was the break in the case they needed.

"The tip said, he's here, right at this specific location," Lt. Robert Hicks of the Leesburg Police Department said.

Giono's remains convinced Trenton's body was there at one point.

"It's my feeling he's been put in the trunk of a car and moved," Giono said.

Leesburg police, like most departments in Central Florida, said they've never paid a psychic to help solve a crime.

"We really don't put much faith into them," Josh Duckett, Trenton's father, said.

Duckett said he's been let down by too many psychic tips to be a believer.

"If they were seeing things, and they could tell what happened and where he's at, then obviously, he'd be home now, he wouldn't still be missing," Duckett said.

Father Drew Kesse said not one of the many psychics that has contacted them has been able to help find his daughter, Jennifer.

She's been missing since January 2006.

Police believe Jennifer left her apartment for work and someone abducted her between her home and her car.

Giono said she has seen a different story.

"I believe she was abducted at the Mobile gas station at Kirkman and L.B. McLeod," Giono said. "That someone climbed in the back seat of her car and held a knife to her throat."

Giono said she believes Jennifer Kesse is in a waste management manhole off L.B. McLeod Road.

An Orlando police detective said they have searched waste management there based on Giono's tip.

They have also drained a retention pond, but they only found chicken bones and a lot of sludge.

They said they are willing to search this area with new concrete evidence that Jennifer Kesse is actually there.

Giono said she cannot change skeptics' minds that wonder how she can possibly be seeing what happened to Trenton and Jennifer when they're still missing. She said it is not her intention to change skeptics’ minds.

For desperate family members, it doesn't matter if police or a psychic solves it.

"We're just looking for Jennifer, whoever can bring her home," Drew Kesse said.

"The main thing is closure," Duckett said.

Giono said she is just the channel and the medium.
Copyright 2008 by WESH.COM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Psychics should search themselves first, find the bodies then tell LE and the families. It is wrong for a psychic, imo, to ever contact the family, unless they request it. They should work through LE instead.

Psychics should search themselves first, find the bodies then tell LE and the families. It is wrong for a psychic, imo, to ever contact the family, unless they request it. They should work through LE instead.

That is exactly what they should do or if they do feel strongly about a person being at a certain place then they should tell LE but keep that info between them and LE and not involve the parents unless a body is found.

Evidentally Trenton hasn't told this woman where he is now. She says he has been talking to "them" a lot. I would think that if he wanted this woman to find him he would tell her where he is now.

Jennifer...someone could have gotten into her car and held a knife to her throat. That is a scenario that is possible. It doesn't really matter how it happened at this point...what matters is where she is. The how can come later. Her parents just want her found. She's in a landfill. Well, she wasn't there. This psychic will have to do better then that.

I couldn't agree more.

I agree that people selling themselves as psychics should never approach the victims loved ones.

As far as psychics conducting their own search, I don't think police would appreciate the possible contamination of the crime scene no matter how well intended the action.

Additionally, I think the supposed psychic would be taking a bit of a risk. Some time ago I watched an episode of psychic detectives that featured a woman who identified herself as a psychic. She claimed she had a vision that revealed the location of a victim and she actually did go out and find the body. When this woman told LE of her discovery, she found herself jailed until her alibi checked could be verified.......or something like that. :waitasec:

Tonight on the Oxygen Network, a show entitled "Captured" will feature Jennifer Kesse's case in the last 5 minutes at 10pm EST.

Please keep Jenn and her family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

http://www.local6.com/news/15588305/detail.html

Human Slave Trade Should Be Checked, Missing Girl's Dad Says

POSTED: 5:44 pm EDT March 13, 2008
UPDATED: 6:14 pm EDT March 13, 2008

http://www.newsvine.com/_tools/seed?popoff=0&u=http://www.local6.com/news/15588305/detail.htmlhttp://del.icio.us/post?title=Human...tp://www.local6.com/news/15588305/detail.htmlhttp://digg.com/submit?phase=2&titl...tp://www.local6.com/news/15588305/detail.htmlhttp://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?...ing Girl's Dad Says&src=sc&=top&from_posted=1http://reddit.com/submit?url=http:/...de Should Be Checked, Missing Girl's Dad Sayshttp://www.local6.com/rss/javascript:popUp('/print/15588305/detail.html','width=460,height=400,scrollbars');javascript:popUp(

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The father of a Central Florida girl missing for more than two years is urging investigators to consider the possibility that she was a victim of human trafficking -- possibly forced into sex slavery, Local 6 reported.

Kesse, 24, vanished from the Mosaic at Millenia condominiums near the Mall at Millenia on Jan. 24, 2006.

Police found her Chevrolet Malibu in an apartment complex near her condominium but there have been few clues since the discovery.
Kesse's father, Drew, is now wondering if his daughter was kidnapped and forced into slavery, Local 6 reported.

"It's time we start to look in other directions," Kesse said. "We've done so much and really have come up with so little."

Experts in the world of human trafficking said many slavery cases have not been reported.

"Human trafficking as a whole is an epidemic," investigator Brad Dennis said. "And I think it's an epidemic that has been underreported for a long time."

Dennis said human trafficking cases are being investigated in almost every state.

Local 6 featured a 17-year-old girl, Shauna Newell, who was lured into a Florida house and held hostage by human traffickers before being found and rescued.

Orlando police said Jennifer Kesse doesn't fit the typical profile since she was older than most victims.

However, the Kesse family believes investigating the possibility of human trafficking is important.

"We are going to ask them to move forward on that front," Kesse said.

Anyone with information on Kesse's case is urged to call the Orlando Police Department or Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS.

Florida Senate Bill 502 is going before another committee this Wednesday at 9am. Please call the Florida Senate and House and ask them to please pass this bill.

Thanks,
UCFAlum 02

Today marks 2 years and 2 months since Jenn Kesse went missing. Awareness is still key as someone knows something... Praying for those that know who the suspect is or where Jenn is to have strength to come forward and help the Kesse family find answers.

The Florida Senate Criminal Justice Committee is meeting tomorrow, 4/1, and on the agenda is SB502- Missing Persons Investigations.

According to the Florida Senate website, Senate Bill 502 is the following...

S502 GENERAL BILL/CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Constantine;
(CO-INTRODUCERS) Jones; Fasano; Lynn; Ring; Haridopolos (Compare
H 0223)
Missing Persons/Investigation [SPCC]; Requires law enforcement agencies
to adopt written policies and procedures to be used when investigating
missing children and missing adult reports. Requires the law enforcement
agency having jurisdiction to accept and file the report. Provides a
timeframe for transmitting the report to state and national databases.
Requires that a law enforcement agency obtain a DNA sample after a child
or adult has been missing for more than 90 days, etc. EFFECTIVE DATE:
07/01/2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads