FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Criminal Justice Committee in the Florida Senate unanimously voted in favor for SB502. Next stop- Criminal & Civil Justice Appropriations.

Thanks, WindChime! I was watching and it did explain why they just now found the photos and released them after all this time.

Is the picture of the tattoo actually Jennifer or just a tattoo that is similar to hers?

Would could they possibly hope to gain by releasing that over 2 years later?

It is a photo of her tattoo on her hip which is cropped for release. On Greta, they had the original photo.

The photos were taken by Jennifer on her digital camera which her parents had not used before. They were using it to take photos of their house for insurance when they found them.

They are hoping someone might recall seeing her, someone talking (or bragging) about the girl with such a tattoo, or seeing the purse perhaps. It would also serve as a tool for MEs across the country to go on as an identifying mark of one of their UIDs.

If Jennifer should be found I would think that all that would be left by now would be bones...I hated to type that. Her tatoo is probably long gone.

It's just unbelievable that she hasn't been found after all of this time. I wonder if LE have even a clue what happened to her. Didn't they find anything in her car? Her poor parents deserve better then this. They have been so faithful in looking for her and doing everything that they can think of to find her. Such a sad situation.

Well, of course, ideally they would have known about the tattoo in the beginning and have been able to put it on her missing poster. But, it could still be used now as identification in the event that she is sitting in a morgue somewhere as an unidentified victim or for all sorts of other random reasons - maybe the perp running his mouth to people in jail or somewhere about the girl who had a tattoo like Jennifer's. As much as her parent's have been on tv, there could still be some le department somewhere that doesn't have the funds and/or motivation to make the connection between the unidentified victims they've found and the missing.

The fact that Jennifer had a shamrock tattoo has been known all along.

I too wonder if LE has any idea as to what happened to Jennifer.
Not long into the investigation the lead detective said this was as close to a vanishing as he had seen.

This is a very difficult case because there is no obvious crime scene, there is no body, there is no real evidence and there is no known suspect.
We know Jennifer vanished without trace and we know someone parked her car at Huntington on the Green apartments.

Her tatoo is probably long gone.
If there was an unidentified body found early on, the ME would have photographed the tattoo for indentification purposes so this is very important. I am sure there are a few women who have a shamrock tattoo...but every one is distinct because of the artist.

I think LE's lack of investigation in this case is blatent by the parents after all this time finding out there were photos on her digital camera. They should have taken the memory card and had it checked immediately after they knew Jennifer was missing. This is THEIR mistake, not the parents. It was a window into her trip and obviously, relevant information to find her. It is unbelievable to me how badly LE botched this from the beginning!!! (I know Leftcoast is boiling mad wherever he may be!)

I bet she had a laptop that was never gone over forensically, too. (The parents should hire someone to do this.)

House Bill 223 in the Florida House of Representatives will be in its next committee- the Safety & Security Council at 8am on Wednesday, April 9 in Tallahassee. Please if you are a Florida resident, email your Florida Representative and implore them to pass this important piece of legislation.

Thanks,
UCFAlumni2002

Another unanimous vote in the Safety & Security Council of the Florida House of Representatives. Next stop is the Senate and House Floors for the final vote. If you live in Florida, please email your Senators and Representatives urging them to ensure that this important piece of legislation is passed this session.

Help Florida Families with the unfortunate future of Missing People.

This is for HB 223- www.myfloridahouse.gov
and SB502- www.flsenate.gov

Thanks

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-bk-walmart-rape-040908,0,5996162.story

http://www.local6.com/news/15837880/detail.html

This happened on John Young Parkway and Sand Lake Rd yesterday in Orlando, a mother with her 15 month old daughter in the back seat, was carjacked, raped, robbed, and then left in her trunk. She was able to get out and call police.

The description of the suspect is in this story- http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-bk-battery040808,0,7447096.story

Just wondering what you all thought about the suspect and if you think there might possibly be any connection to Jennifer Kesse.

You never know but it doesn't seem likely to me. This perpetrator made himself easy to catch.

the time of day fits (early morning) and the height, weight of this perp fits with the photo they have of the person walking by the condo complex in Kesse's case.

If they catch this guy, I hope they explore it. You never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici