FL - John Parker, 26, & Amber Peck, 26, murdered, Marion County, 3 Jan 2006

I hate to come across as heartless, but I say give him a fresh razor; and save us taxpayers some money.

Killing him yourself would be heartless. Giving him a razor is helpful. I know that's confusing given they both begin with the letter h, but you're safe! :)

My daughter and I camp ALL the time in the various forests around Florida and are also working on our Trail Walker certifications. This news doesn't make things fun, does it? We just were camping the last four days in Paines Prarie Preserve and when I couldn't find the kids about midnight (age 15) I hollared out to them - a man appeared out of nowhere claiming to be in fear of a bear that snarled at him and disappeared. He said he was camping, but "lost" his tent and was sleeping on a blanket. I promise you, the kids were more afraid of this man than the alleged snarling bear! There were no more incidents where the kids wandered too far from the trailer, either!

Here I was worried about alligators and rattlesnakes - *sigh*

It sounds like he is just plain used to being institutionalized. Locked up most of his life, it's probably all he is used to. This is common with repeat offenders; revolving door policy of the system. I am not trying to make excuses for him, just stating my opinion. In juvie, they probably had limits as to what films they were allowed to watch, excluding serial killer ones among others. He gets out, immerses himself in films about serial killers, and most likely got the idea stuck in his head. It sounds like he had been planning to stay in the forest for awhile, as all the money $$ spent on camping equipment is ridiculous for such a short trip. Maybe he decided he didn't like roughing it in the wilderness and returned to civilization early. My guess would be that he intended to stay there and kill as many people as he could until he either got caught or the bodies were discovered.

::shudders:: And my husband wonders why I don't want to go camping in Ocala National Forest.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back