Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are putting WAY too much thought into the time difference between when Madeline was reported missing and the “responding” time, for 2 reasons:

1) It would not have made a difference

2) “at approximately 1948 hours, I, Deputy Joseph (10644), responded…” does not mean that no one did anything until 7:48pm. It is simply the officer stating what time he arrived to take the missing persons report. This could mean that they were doing other things to try to help and then when she wasn’t located after 2-3 hours they escalated the situation by officially making it a missing person investigation & then sent that officer to take an official report.
I think it's relevant primarily in that:
  1. Some people found it suspicious that JS had (seemingly) not reported Maddie missing until 3.5 hours after she learned she didn't go to school that day. If an 8pm report is a source of suspicion, it is important to note if/that JS actually reported quite quickly.
  2. Some people feel that JS's behavior between the apparent 4:45pm report and the 7:48pm LE arrival was inadequate for someone worried about their missing daughter, and they find that inadequacy suspicious

Just my observation.

The fact SS used the exact same username for facebook, Instagram etc AND Reddit (Where generally anonymity is the whole point) makes me think he is either a bit thick, or completely arrogant.

I think it's relevant primarily in that:
  1. Some people found it suspicious that JS had (seemingly) not reported Maddie missing until 3.5 hours after she learned she didn't go to school that day. If an 8pm report is a source of suspicion, it is important to note if/that JS actually reported quite quickly.
  2. Some people feel that JS's behavior between the apparent 4:45pm report and the 7:48pm LE arrival was inadequate for someone worried about their missing daughter, and they find that inadequacy suspicious
True. But that became a moot point the second we learned about mom claiming to see Madeline that morning, after she would have already been dead.

...I don't recall any released information on when or if LE searched Maddie's room... Snipped to reply ...
I haven't caught a lot of the details concerning when LE went out to the house collecting evidence. The story was MS went missing from near the school, but thankfully LE got right on catching him dumping her bookbag, etc., Camera footage to catch crime is such a blessing now days.

Just wondering now about LE obtaining a search warrant to go through the house and collect further evidence. When was that done? No idea what they took out of the residence. Did the mother report blankets missing? I guess she believed SS's version that he took MS to school, but did she maybe notice anything suspicious within the residence?

Where was MS actually killed? Within the residence?

There's going to be a trial, so evidence will be crucial. The residence may have been where MS lost her life, so it'd be considered a crime scene.

I guess LE might do a look-through at first, but even then, there's been cases where a bloody scene gets cleaned up and not noticed by LE, plenty of times. (Gannon Stauch case :()

Unfortunately, in the very initial stages there's only so much digging through the residence they can do. What did LE collect out of the household? How soon was a search warrant obtained?

Not sure if it’s allowed, but since we are allowed to discuss JS as a possible suspect - I looked her up on a background check site I subscribe to to keep an eye on a dangerous ex brother-in-law, (for my sisters sake). Are we allowed to discuss that as a source or no? I’m still learning the rules!

I haven't caught a lot of the details concerning when LE went out and went through to the house collecting evidence. The story was MS went missing from near the school, but thankfully LE got right on catching him dumping her bookbag, etc., Camera footage to catch crime is such a blessing now days.

Just wondering about LE obtaining a search warrant to go through the house and collect further evidence. No idea what they took out of the residence. Did the mother report blankets missing? I guess she believed SS's version that he took MS to school, but did she maybe notice anything suspicious within the residence?

Where was MS actually killed? Within the residence?

There's going to be a trial, so evidence will be crucial. The residence may have been where MS lost her life, so it'd be considered a crime scene.

I guess LE might do a look-through at first, but even then, there's been cases where a bloody scene gets cleaned up and not noticed by LE, plenty of times. (Gannon Stauch case :()

Unfortunately, in the very initial stages there's only so much digging through the residence they can do. What did LE collect out of the household? How soon was a search warrant obtained?
I don’t think there is ever going to be a trial. The evidence of his sex crimes is seemingly irrefutable, and there’s no defense to that.

That’s a life sentence right there, and there’s still the murder charge. He’s not going to want that litigated in court, and the death penalty would almost certainly be on the table.

They say the camera doesn’t lie, and it’s buried him here.

Totally agree with you and I'm wondering if there was a camera hidden in her room that was used to record and remote view. Surely he didn't put a phone on a tripod to record and I can't think of another way to record something hands free. I don't recall any released information on when or if LE searched Maddie's room but after what they found on his phone, I would imagine they went straight away to search. If there was a camera, an app on his phone may have led them to cloud storage of that nearly irrefutable something.
moo
Yes, I have not read anything either about a search warrant and surely there must have been one esp after SS was arrested?? Searches of Maddy’s home and SS’s mother’s home where he apparently also lived at times.

The police report posted in this thread clearly states both that the incident was first called in by JS at 4:43pm and that that particular officer arrived at 7:48pm. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my observation.

The fact SS used the exact same username for facebook, Instagram etc AND Reddit (Where generally anonymity is the whole point) makes me think he is either a bit thick, or completely arrogant.
A lot of people don’t realize how trackable they are online. Even if they use different usernames. People have no idea. It’s scary!

Not sure if it’s allowed, but since we are allowed to discuss JS as a possible suspect - I looked her up on a background check site I subscribe to to keep an eye on a dangerous ex brother-in-law, (for my sisters sake). Are we allowed to discuss that as a source or no? I’m still learning the rules!
Do you mean you have found she has previous charges against her or any thing which would be available in public records?

I don't know the answer to that, but I believe most of those sites will link you to a public record of some kind where they found the information, and the original source would most likely be allowed (I think). MOO, IMO, etc., etc.

For those who are asking about if the home has been searched, yes. It states in the updated arrest affidavits which are posted throughout thread #2 that while one officer was viewing the evidence found on SS phone, other officers were searching at the home, they began coordinating efforts and were actually able to identify specific bedrooms, and patterns on clothing and blankets etc. the affidavit is quite detailed and those parts are so worth reading. However, I warn in advance other details are also very graphic and heart wrenching. They have a lot of hard and irrefutable evidence to support the Sexual Battery against a child under 12 charge alone. Which with recent law changes in FL makes SS eligible for the death penalty, even if they never filed murder charges or any others. They have no reason to rush on those charges, as soon as they do file them the court clock starts ticking. They have every reason to take their time and comb over every single item of evidence before filing. I expect that this case will be an extremely exceptional one in court. Not only because SS may be the first person put to death under the new law, but also because I think the details and amount of evidence and everything put together against SS will be very well presented and air tight.

For those who are asking about if the home has been searched, yes. It states in the updated arrest affidavits which are posted throughout thread #2 that while one officer was viewing the evidence found on SS phone, other officers were searching at the home, they began coordinating efforts and were actually able to identify specific bedrooms, and patterns on clothing and blankets etc. the affidavit is quite detailed and those parts are so worth reading. However, I warn in advance other details are also very graphic and heart wrenching. They have a lot of hard and irrefutable evidence to support the Sexual Battery against a child under 12 charge alone. Which with recent law changes in FL makes SS eligible for the death penalty, even if they never filed murder charges or any others. They have no reason to rush on those charges, as soon as they do file them the court clock starts ticking. They have every reason to take their time and comb over every single item of evidence before filing. I expect that this case will be an extremely exceptional one in court. Not only because SS may be the first person put to death under the new law, but also because I think the details and amount of evidence and everything put together against SS will be very well presented and air tight.
Does the death penalty still apply if those acts happened before the law went into affect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sshamrick2011