Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, there's no mail delivery there, then they would have to get a PO Box at the post office? I'd snap, lol. I had to get a PO Box for a while b/c my teenage daughter was taking detention notices from school out of the mailbox. Don't recommend. It's a pain!
Back in the day, we referred to it as "Going Postal"!

The SA went on for years. If the Mom didn't know, how does that happen? She seemed so loving towards him in their interviews. And, general question: how does someone avoid bringing such a predator into their homes? He had no record.

I wonder if there’s a lot of Disney rentals there and that’s why.
Yes, that's why. We owned a townhome in a resort that was mostly short term rentals. We rented it out when not using it and had to get mail at the main lobby office mailroom. They are gated communities with a lot of vacation renters. This lady's is similar and not far from where we owned. It's a resort community that our realtor showed us as well. There were folks in our resort who lived there full time. Many like it because of the amenities and resort style living. Ours had a bar, restaurant, lazy river, arcade, gym, pool, slide, hot tub, ice cream parlor, play ground....etc. Maintenance free living too.

And, general question: how does someone avoid bringing such a predator into their homes? He had no record.
You stay aware, you research signs of abuse, talk to your kids....pay attention. When my oldest boy was a young teen he was working with a good friend. There was another guy in the picture that took a "fatherly" role towards my son. NOPE, my kid had a Dad, everyone assured me this guy was fine but my hair was standing up. Contact ended. I wasn't taking Any chances. I've been told i think everyone is a predator, not true, I just pay attention and don't take chances with my kids. My intuition guides me.

I wonder if there’s a lot of Disney rentals there and that’s why.
When I was buying my house the realtor said In Florida most newer communities have mailbox hubs to save on gas for the post office. Even high end communities do this now. My home is in an old neighborhood but didn't have a mailbox because it used to be rented out. The previous owner required renters to get a PO at the post office. It's USPS

The SA went on for years. If the Mom didn't know, how does that happen? She seemed so loving towards him in their interviews. And, general question: how does someone avoid bringing such a predator into their homes? He had no record.
He had no record but he had a ton of red flags IMO. No car of his own, I don't recall he ever lived on his own just roommate and parents. Like a failure to launch situation. I'd suggest getting to know his friends, they talk and tend to spill the embarrassing things during social outings. Get to know the family and feel out the dynamic's there. Make plans for the future, something more permanent than life partner if there are children involved. Scour the social media like a sleuth of the person you are bringing around your child. Observe with unbiased eyes how this new person interacts with your child/ren. Date for an extended amount of time (years) and see if he is really a steady guy before inviting someone in to a family home with under age children. Set and maintain boundaries in the beginning. Just a few that come to mind. Lastly if there is a tiny thought in the back of your mind that something is off Listen To It.

You stay aware, you research signs of abuse, talk to your kids....pay attention. When my oldest boy was a young teen he was working with a good friend. There was another guy in the picture that took a "fatherly" role towards my son. NOPE, my kid had a Dad, everyone assured me this guy was fine but my hair was standing up. Contact ended. I wasn't taking Any chances. I've been told i think everyone is a predator, not true, I just pay attention and don't take chances with my kids. My intuition guides me.
Proud of you.
My oldest was two when some neighbors wanted to assume a grandparently role and I shut that right on down and wasn't playing. I don't care how I came off I had sirens in my head going off and like you said Contact ended.

This is my opinion, and it is my opinion ONLY:

Mu children's father passed away. My primary responsibility was raising them safely to adulthood. Period. It was not dating or finding a new partner for myself.

I know people may take issue with this, and that's fine, but the question was "How do you avoid......" and my response is "You don't bring a man who is not the biological father into the home of your young children to begin with."

Date if you like, but you can live with a guy, marry again, etc when the kids are older.

Again, MOO and I realize it does not prevent others from harming your kids, but it does prevent abuse in the home, where you and your kids deserve peace and safety.

I keep wondering about this, too, because wouldn't SS be your first call before calling the police, if he was supposed to drop her off at school and you were at work all day? I would immediately call him to verify he dropped her off and there wasn't some weird anomaly like she got sick on the ride to school and he took her back home and forgot to tell me or something. I feel like that would be a really reasonable and obvious step to take before calling 911, just to make sure I wasn't panicking for no reason.
They may have communicated during the day and she already knew he dropped her off - because he texted or called her.

The SA went on for years. If the Mom didn't know, how does that happen? She seemed so loving towards him in their interviews.
I think SS was a master manipulator. He friended Maddie, got along great with her, bought her tamogachis, taught her to paint etc. I think JS was lonely and vulnerable and saw a man that loved her daughter. Im sure its wonderful for a single mom to find someone who gets along so well with her kid. She can overlook his immaturity, lack of employee etc.
I really hope she didn't know about the SA, I think she knew he killed Maddie . But since it seems like she covered for him the only reason that makes sense to me is that she knew about the SA and was covering for both of them. MOO. Unless she was literally in shock and denial

He had no record but he had a ton of red flags IMO. No car of his own, I don't recall he ever lived on his own just roommate and parents. Like a failure to launch situation. I'd suggest getting to know his friends, they talk and tend to spill the embarrassing things during social outings. Get to know the family and feel out the dynamic's there. Make plans for the future, something more permanent than life partner if there are children involved. Scour the social media like a sleuth of the person you are bringing around your child. Observe with unbiased eyes how this new person interacts with your child/ren. Date for an extended amount of time (years) and see if he is really a steady guy before inviting someone in to a family home with under age children. Set and maintain boundaries in the beginning. Just a few that come to mind. Lastly if there is a tiny thought in the back of your mind that something is off Listen To It.
"Set and maintain boundaries" is such a good one. I tell all of my young female relatives and friends to set some kind of boundary with a new person they're talking to, right away. Just something minor like "I can't hang out on Sunday afternoons because that's when I always go shopping with my Mom and Grandma" and just see how they react. You can tell so much about how a person is going to be down the line with you by their response. Narcissists and abusers tend to bristle at any boundaries and immediately try to push back against them, IMO. It's so important to take off the rose colored glasses and watch for danger signs like you said. IMO, MOO, etc., etc.

Proud of you.
My oldest was two when some neighbors wanted to assume a grandparently role and I shut that right on down and wasn't playing. I don't care how I came off I had sirens in my head going off and like you said Contact ended.
Yea, there are times when things just don't feel right and we need to take charge. I also had a neighbor, friendly guy, we talked a lot when outside, he and husband helped with house project etc. He also came to borrow stuff from me as soon as my husband went to work at night, which I didn't appreciate. There was something off with him. My husband left my young daughter there one day when he ran a 15 minute errand and I literally FREAKED OUT on him. Husband didn't get it but assured me it would Never happen again. I have neighbors i trust as well as friends my kids stayed with. Some people i just got bad vibes from.

I think SS was a master manipulator. He friended Maddie, got along great with her, bought her tamogachis, taught her to paint etc. I think JS was lonely and vulnerable and saw a man that loved her daughter. Im sure its wonderful for a single mom to find someone who gets along so well with her kid. She can overlook his immaturity, lack of employee etc.
I really hope she didn't know about the SA, I think she knew he killed Maddie . But since it seems like she covered for him the only reason that makes sense to me is that she knew about the SA and was covering for both of them. MOO. Unless she was literally in shock and denial
I think she knew, maybe worse, because shock and denial can lead to absolute rage when confronted with the truth. MOO

"Set and maintain boundaries" is such a good one. I tell all of my young female relatives and friends to set some kind of boundary with a new person they're talking to, right away. Just something minor like "I can't hang out on Sunday afternoons because that's when I always go shopping with my Mom and Grandma" and just see how they react. You can tell so much about how a person is going to be down the line with you by their response. Narcissists and abusers tend to bristle at any boundaries and immediately try to push back against them, IMO. It's so important to take off the rose colored glasses and watch for danger signs like you said. IMO, MOO, etc., etc.
No one was allowed to check on my sleeping children. Most people wouldn't, any men that wanted to...NOPE. Not even uncles. I think Good men know boundaries and whats inappropriate. A good man won't put himself in a situation to be falsely accused. I taught my son the same

Sorry posting link must not work. It's a post from a while ago where the person using Sustinet name, mentions having to snoop on step daughters social media, as a cousin had told he and the mother that someone was trying to contact her on Roblox inappropriately
Here ya go. I think I'm getting the hang of reddit as I've only been on it a couple of times. I've been able to find a few posts y'all have mentioned if I have the correct words to search for.

And... he has got some NERVE with the part I underlined in red!!! ESPECIALLY considering what he was doing to Maddie! Well, not everyone that lived in Maddie's house is who they say they were either. GRRRRRRRR

I purposely didn't SS the bottom of the post as it has words not allowed on WS.

1709944010640.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member