Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presser:
Seven and a half weeks ago.
They haven't decided on death penalty yet.
Grand Jury recommended murder charges this morning (he actually had court this morning but it was continued).
Still open and ongoing investigation.
Once SS's attorney files for discovery, public records into the case can be requested (I think that's what he said).
(Having trouble hearing the questions from reporters).
Indictment should be on the clerks website now.

Press Conference Notes
Grand Jury indictment returned this morning.
Death Penalty not yet decided.
SS first appearance in the next few days.
Chief of Police:
SS made calculated moves to remove MS's belongings and dispose of her body before she was reported missing.

Q&A - couldn't hear questions.
DA stated even with the Indictment returned, it still an ongoing investigation.
Homicide Chief?
SS is only person being charged at this time.
No plea offers.

Another press conference that could have been handled via a press release.

It’s pretty clear to me that mom is still being investigated though. They did nothing to put out that fire.

Another press conference that could have been handled via a press release.

It’s pretty clear to me that mom is still being investigated though. They did nothing to put out that fire.
With the "voluminous" amount of evidence they mentioned, you'd think if there was any indicating JS criminal culpability in any way, they'd have found it by now. All those folks investigating all the evidence and still no charges against her.
That tells me, there's likely nothing to charge her with.

jmo

Reminder that premeditation can occur closer to the time of the murder than you'd necessarily think. Ie. he is not necessarily accused of planning this for days or even hours ahead of time

I am aware of that--in fact, premeditation can occur in just a few minutes--but premeditated is premeditated.

With the "voluminous" amount of evidence they mentioned, you'd think if there was any indicating JS criminal culpability in any way, they'd have found it by now. All those folks investigating all the evidence and still no charges against her.
That tells me, there's likely nothing to charge her with.

jmo

We don't know what evidence they do or don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geneasearcher